what do you think of my skirmishing wvw build?

AlexDGod.1678

no burst = badno sustain = badno condi cleanse = bad

I noticed you run well of power. But when you think that skill will save you you clearly lack PvP experience. Before well of power can remove all relevant condis you died. And of course in that 5 seconds (which is an eternity in PvP) you stand in it waiting to remove condis the following will happen: 1) new condis will be applied and 2) you are static which means very vulnerable. WoP is only good, when combined with other cleanses. You need at least one cleanse that removes multiple conditions at once.

And please put axe + focus and dagger + warhorn together. The way you do it, it does not make sense.

@KrHome.1920 said:no burst = badno sustain = badno condi cleanse = bad

I noticed you run well of power. But when you think that skill will save you you clearly lack PvP experience. Before well of power can remove all relevant condis you died. And of course in that 5 seconds (which is an eternity in PvP) you stand in it waiting to remove condis the following will happen: 1) new condis will be applied and 2) you are static which means very vulnerable. kitten is only good, when combined with other cleanses. You need at least one cleanse that removes multiple conditions at once.

And please put axe + focus and dagger + warhorn together. The way you do it, it does not make sense.

Ok thanks for your help what do you suggest as the condi cleanse and ill try switching ohs

I've ran something pretty similar before only with staff. I'll agree that switching offhands in this case would probably benefit you more than your current setup. The cast time can take some getting used to but i'd suggest maybe giving consume conditions a try for your heal as it will clear condis and scale it's healing as well while doing so. You could also looking into swappinig in suffer for a utility as well since you took the reaper chill trait and also as a condi clear.

by skirmishing i suppose you mean small group fights of around 5-10?

In WvW small groups, wells are generally less effective as the area is big and opponents are mostly mobile.Wells are more effective in PvP for example where opponents generally center around a point.

For glassy armor/weapon stats like yours, you'll get focused down quite easily with your current build.I suggest a more mobile and defensive traits/utilities setup to compensate for your glassy stats.It isn't easy though, playing a juking Reaper. I've never mastered it.

I suggest watching this old video of Holts for some mobile juking inspiration.

To that end, I've amended your build as below.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnc0A92gF3A+1A0bilaBDKBEAaAUjh7QZIuLGGXjA-jViFAB4r+D6XAQ3gCPAgZ2fIhDCwZaYMS5HAHBgqUCSKgIGaB-w

More swiftness sources.More stunbreak.More mobility/juking.More lifeforce generation.Greatsword is better for group fights.

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:by skirmishing i suppose you mean small group fights of around 5-10?

In WvW small groups, wells are generally less effective as the area is big and opponents are mostly mobile.Wells are more effective in PvP for example where opponents generally center around a point.

For glassy armor/weapon stats like yours, you'll get focused down quite easily with your current build.I suggest a more mobile and defensive traits/utilities setup to compensate for your glassy stats.It isn't easy though, playing a juking Reaper. I've never mastered it.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAR3dnc0A92gF3A+1A0bilaBDKBEAaAUjh7QZIuLGGXjA-jViFAB4r+D6XAQ3gCPAgZ2fIhDCwZaYMS5HAHBgqUCSKgIGaB-w

More swiftness sources.More stunbreak.More mobility/juking.More lifeforce generation.Greatsword is better for group fights.

Thats ZERO CONDI CLEANSES

Ok one. But that one gets easily interrupted

@Nimon.7840 said:

@"EremiteAngel.9765" said:by skirmishing i suppose you mean small group fights of around 5-10?

Thats ZERO CONDI CLEANSES

Ok one. But that one gets easily interrupted

Yes haha. The idea is to juke around so you are less of a target!

I'm going to assume that you want to stick with the theme of something a bit more sustain-oriented than the Spite/SR/R standard power build.For this reason, condi removal is your friend, and there are a lot of ways to achieve it without making too big of sacrifices.

That said, you still want to play selfish if you're playing Spite. For this, despite being controversial, I think DM > BM. It's basically 10% static damage reduction (180 toughness) and 114 extra base power in shroud, fast condi cleanse, free protection, and Soul Spiral instantlycapss Corrupter's Fervor (also maintained with Axe AA and GS 3 via vuln) which helps you sustain into a bomb. Quickness optimization is fun to gimmick for a wombo-combo every so often, but builds based around it and wells will generally prove ineffective in small-scale WvW for the reasons Eremite mentioned above.

If you really need to become a corrupt bot, you should be playing in Curses rather than Spite and moving away from might-damage power reaper in general.If you're trying to do a little bit of everything, I'd suggest honestly playing core. Reaper is all about aggression and offense.

The access to Fury and Swiftness from Pack runes will help your burst consistency (90+ crit chance) and chase potential if not using Decimate Defenses or Death Perception. Higher HP in this case also gives you more shroud pool to work with and generally more durability. Your critical damage modifier is lower, but this only ends up being around a 5% total reduction in outgoing damage per crit as a whole which given the massive increase to sustain should not mean much. The power gains from DM will offset the switch to full marauder gear stat-wise. BM offers some damage, but I think it's generally negligible; it accoutnts for maybe a few thousand over the course of a fight, and the sustain and negation on DM paired with higher stats is just better enough to offset this.

I've made some pretty hefty changes, but you'll see some pretty massive gains in comparison. DM is controversial, but in this scourge-heavy meta I think it's a lot better of a line than people give it credit for; you'll be gaining a lot of boons but also eating a lot of condi bombs and corruption as well. This helps you shed damning conditions like weakness while not depending on others.

If you need mobility due to a lack of swiftness from allies, opt for Signets of Suffering and take Signet of the Locust over Suffer or Well of Power. I personally run Suffer/Spectral Armor/SotL on my SR build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAnYRnMbClbi90A22A0bildBT6Gc12aQnpEQAIeKeF/iA-jVCBQBc4BAAgzAQe0woRlfKU9HGcIA0n+gTqEsI7PEA4AY9qX91Ds+6rv+6rXzP/8zP/8zP/8zLFQEDtA-w

If you have a group with someone playing dedicated condi removal/healing/support, you can opt out of DM and switch to BM or Curses. Though I think the role of heavy corruption/boon hate is better-suited to scourge and other builds over Spite power reaper. Onslaught changed to Blighter's Boon may also be worthwhile here in the case of relying on a support since you have a ton of boon access and heals from other players do not affect those in shroud. Mess around with it and see what you prefer, though.

@"DeceiverX.8361" said:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAnYRnMbClbi90A22A0bildBT6Gc12aQnpEQAIeKeF/iA-jVCBQBc4BAAgzAQe0woRlfKU9HGcIA0n+gTqEsI7PEA4AY9qX91Ds+6rv+6rXzP/8zP/8zP/8zLFQEDtA-wA tiny 5k heal and no blighter's boon on a base armor 25k health pool. 180 toughness in shroud is negligible as the shroud already reduces damage by 50%. Even the additional 20% of infusing terror are barely noticable.

Which conditions do you stack for corrupter's fervor? You did not even slot bitter chill. GS3 is unreliable and clunky for defense stacking. No one lets you channel 5 or more axe autos for defense stacking. What is the purpose of stacking toughness with shroud4 when everyone kites you in shroud? Finally 300 toughness and minus -20 condi damage at best is not worth the effort and also not worth a gm trait.

Blighter's Boon would benefit that build in a huge amount as shroud entering procs between 6 and 15 boons (awaken the pain, spiteful spirit, chilling victory) which would heal you for up to 3k health.

Death magic offers no relevant sustain while crippling reaper's utilities or damage. Soul reaping is the only worthwile sustain traitline for the spec.

Most build attempts for reaper are too clunky. This is a good example. Keep it simple and reliable! Most good players and meta builds have a fast paced playstyle. A defense ramp up and over time cleanses are 2012 mechanics. That's the main reason why blood and death magic are bad for sustain in pvp. They rely on tiny over time effects and clunky mechanics.

The build could work well against scourges in 1v1 but I am not convinced for 100%, because it is slow and has to deal with a high cripple and weakness uptime - both can shut it down. In a teamfight it should survive easily against scourge condi overloads but gets destroyed by power burst like every marauder reaper build.

The shroud DR is applied after toughness/armor; the 180 toughness is basically a 10% DR starting point.

CF is stacked from Axe AA, Axe 3's corrupt and cripple, OH dagger 4's blind, OH dagger 5's corrupt, bleed, and weakness, GS AA chain, GS3's multi-hit vuln (auto-caps it), GS4's corrupt and blind, GS5's chill, Spiteful Spirit, RS3 twice with SoD, RS4's Poison, RS5's Chill and whirling chill field, Suffer's chill, and CttB. Capping CF is insanely easy lol. This stacks with condition duration reductions on RP additively making the reaper near-immune to cripple/chill/immob. If you're getting kited that badly to the point where Axe AA isn't even castable, nothing is saving you.

How DM offers no relevant sustain escapes me. We just established it's 10% DR + 20% DR and it offers a condi cleanse every 3s in Shroud, Prot when leaving shroud, and increased LF generation. Clearing a few stacks of bleeding every 3s in shroud into a condi build immediately gives its sustain more value than literally anything BM is capable of doing as far as out-healing the damage. It has better chase potential than BM from the synergy between RP and CF as well. In shroud, you're taking sustained cleanses and effectively 70% reduced damage without any support from allies/protection. Given even 50% LF it's better negation than BM; BM is not healing you for 9k in a fight.

You mention cripple/chill/immob/weakness being its hard-counter but this build is literally the answer if playing in Spite and running CV. The build has cleanse on heal, AoE/bulk cleanse via suffer, Well of Power for bulk cleanse and stunbreaking, Dagger 4's transfer for a bulk cleanse, and SRemoval. Two of these can work while in shroud which makes any follow-up you bother with in shroud extremely reliable.

OP requested a small-scale build, and I made tweaks to keep the self-sufficiency in group play theme in mind, not something for strict 1v1 into spellbreakers and LB druids. The build I provided is only dealing around 10% less damage than full zerk as it is which given the sustain, is generally worthwhile for small scale.

I've effectively run this build before. It's not my favorite or as optimized as it could possibly be in duels or some contexts (like dedicated healers), but it does perform very reliably because it is difficult to counter aside from just endlessly running away. And even then, it's not too shabby.

I tried play with deathmagic And soulreaping, was pretty eh.. i Think sustain Is JUST little little bit better. Trait in DM (minions transfer condi) dont work on rise so you need take something better( yea i laugh too) also 1st trait with condi remove on time(better on core most classes Will eat your shroud to 3-5secs) And last trait i run that toughness And condi stack thing(wasn't bad at all). And protection after out of shroud Is good. BUT with spíte And SR You can be more agressive And deal some dmg.

DM looks like Its made fór condi(like all necro traitlines)If you want skrimisher go fór War,Guard or Ele. Reaper And necro are bad design.BUT good luck And have Fun(lol) if you try it as reaper. Better go for zerg.

In groups i run my soloroam build from time to time:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kjGoaTscTwdTgeTssLYxPxr4WE6MlACAUXhzQyC-jlSBQBdRpEe03AgTAAR2fwTq/kvDBwGOCAP4BAkRlNoRJ48gAgjH4AVVVlUAmLZD-w

It lets you punish mistakes pretty easily.Stunbreak shout + shroudenter +4 or 3 does huge pressure and will delete all mesmer clones.

Sure. Against people that are aware of what reaper can do, you will just straight up loose, becausr you are reaper, but against enemies, that are thinking "ok im i thief, or mesmer, i can kill this guy easily, i dont need to insta dodge"

Well these guys will cry like little babys and call you a hacker some times.

With this build you will win 80-90% of the fights against holosmiths. And you even have a good chance of winning against spellbreakers.

Always try to avoid fighting on open field!

Archived