STOP making us lose ALL progress in a solo intance because of a minor connection glitch

coso.9173

I'm trying to go through the story and i'm sick of it. when PoF came out i did the same instance 3 TIMES because i would get random DCs and i would have to start all over again (the night of the fires) it frustrated me SO much i left for months. Now i decide to go back and play again, i finally clear that instance and what happens, RIGHT the next one, called the sacrifice, the SAME thing happens and i lose ALL progress all over again.how can this still be happening???? All other mmos i've played let you keep at least SOME of your progress.

@coso.9173 said:I'm trying to go through the story and i'm sick of it. when PoF came out i did the same instance 3 TIMES because i would get random DCs and i would have to start all over again (the night of the fires) it frustrated me SO much i left for months. Now i decide to go back and play again, i finally clear that instance and what happens, RIGHT the next one, called the sacrifice, the SAME thing happens and i lose ALL progress all over again.how can this still be happening???? All other mmos i've played let you keep at least SOME of your progress.

Interesting about the DCs. I recently DC'd out of story mode for recent LS and said to hell with doing that again. I went back in a day or so later and it had me right where I had stopped. Can't say much for the PoF story as I don't recall DC'ing in any of those.

Some of the LS are broken up into small instances which have only 1 fight in them from where you then exit that instance and go into another one to continue the story.Others have multiple fights in the one instance and these are the problem as if you DC in the instance anywhere all progress is lost and you start again at the entrance to the instance.Im unclear whether its possible to create checkpoints within instances especially those designed for a single player.

@"mauried.5608" said:Some of the LS are broken up into small instances which have only 1 fight in them from where you then exit that instance and go into another one to continue the story.Others have multiple fights in the one instance and these are the problem as if you DC in the instance anywhere all progress is lost and you start again at the entrance to the instance.Im unclear whether its possible to create checkpoints within instances especially those designed for a single player.

I'll just leave this old technology here - https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Reconnect_after_disconnect

@mauried.5608 said:Im unclear whether its possible to create checkpoints within instances especially those designed for a single player.

They recently started using checkpoints, the first of which was during season 3. They're usually placed after major story steps, such as defeating a boss, or sometimes before a boss, but not always. They're likely still learning to use them, so they should only become more common in the future; just don't expect to see them added to older content.

in "night of the fires" i had beaten the first boss (the big one at the center of the instance) and then got DCed and lost all progress, no checkpoint there.And in "the sacrifice" i had finished with all the extras, like rescuing the 10 nomads, destroying the 4 catapults, and killing the 3 elites (and every single enemy on the instance too) and halfway in te bossbattle i got DCed and i had to redo all over again. Of course i didn't do any of the optional stuff the second time thoug i went straight for the boss :(

Archived