MAKE WVW GREAT AGAIN ( Actual gamemode ideas )

bigo.9037

I’ve been thinking about how we can fix WvW.. not just fix it.. But make it amazing:

10 or 20 players from each team ( 3 teams, so 30 or 60 players total ) sign up for match with same kinda method as SPVP. The match takes place in 1 map with the same kinda layout as EBG so all teams have the same amount of keeps towers and camps. You get in.. battle starts 5 minutes later so you have time to talk strategies and builds.. and then youre let out of spawn. Theres a timer that is like.. 1-3 hours long. Once timer reaches 0, points are given to each team based on how many and which objectives they own, + how many they have gathered over the course of the match, + the amount of kills they got.

WHAT ARE THESE TEAMS BASED ON??? HMMMM IDK…. GUILDS MAYBE???GUILD WARS 2 ?????????

Get rid of dolyaks and force players to manually run supply back and forth. Why? Cus this opens up a new kind of player role and therefore builds. Also means you will see more people running around. The INDIVIDUAL PLAYER MATTERS.. They all have a purpose instead of dollies and automatic upgrades making most players nothing but a supply carrier. Now there will be a place for good roaming players AND blobbers/zergs.Roamers can disrupt supply chains by killing the supply runners and taking their camps. Zergs on the other hand can brute force into towers etc. Roamers can also arrange more advanced strategies cus they can operate individually but work towards a common goal instead of zergs all running together in one single blob.BAM. solved gw2 WvW for good.Then you can get ranking systems for the actual guilds. If someone from the guild quits the game while the match is underway.. Other random people can join in.Sure this wouldnt fix some of the imbalances that come with the actual combat but that can also be fixed.

Feel free to add your own ideas.I think this idea would fix most of the problems i have WvW.. but ofc my perspective is biased cus I’m a roamer. It would prevent 3-4 people from staying at the same camp and building siege at it just to defend vs 1 or 2 roamers at a time while the camp automatically gets upgraded. Why? Cus the players have to run the supply themselves. And that means .. while they do that.. The camp can be taken over by someone else. This opens up so many more strategies the teams but also individuals can use.

There's a system called battlegrounds in other games that are instanced and uses a certain amount of players for it, 10-40 per side, the different maps have different objectives, capture the flag, score points, domination, timer etc.

To run 10-20 per side on a map like ebg would feel really empty and easily avoid the enemy. Of course with point scoring in a limited time, most players would also just do ppt full time in there and avoid any type of fights which would reward less points, and well having players manually running supplies will also pulls players off from fighting to do upgrading, because why wouldn't you just run your entire zerg for supplies to quickly upgrade anything? higher tiers of structures reward more ppt.

In a way this already exist with eotm, ebg type map, you can lower the map cap, score points till the end of 4 hours, if someone leaves it's filled with another random person.

@bigo.9037 said:I’ve been thinking about how we can fix WvW.. not just fix it.. But make it amazing:

10 or 20 players from each team ( 3 teams, so 30 or 60 players total ) sign up for match with same kinda method as SPVP. The match takes place in 1 map with the same kinda layout as EBG so all teams have the same amount of keeps towers and camps. You get in.. battle starts 5 minutes later so you have time to talk strategies and builds.. and then youre let out of spawn. Theres a timer that is like.. 1-3 hours long. Once timer reaches 0, points are given to each team based on how many and which objectives they own, + how many they have gathered over the course of the match, + the amount of kills they got.

WHAT ARE THESE TEAMS BASED ON??? HMMMM IDK…. GUILDS MAYBE???GUILD WARS 2 ?????????

Get rid of dolyaks and force players to manually run supply back and forth. Why? Cus this opens up a new kind of player role and therefore builds. Also means you will see more people running around. The INDIVIDUAL PLAYER MATTERS.. They all have a purpose instead of dollies and automatic upgrades making most players nothing but a supply carrier. Now there will be a place for good roaming players AND blobbers/zergs.Roamers can disrupt supply chains by killing the supply runners and taking their camps. Zergs on the other hand can brute force into towers etc. Roamers can also arrange more advanced strategies cus they can operate individually but work towards a common goal instead of zergs all running together in one single blob.BAM. solved gw2 WvW for good.Then you can get ranking systems for the actual guilds. If someone from the guild quits the game while the match is underway.. Other random people can join in.Sure this wouldnt fix some of the imbalances that come with the actual combat but that can also be fixed.

Feel free to add your own ideas.I think this idea would fix most of the problems i have WvW.. but ofc my perspective is biased cus I’m a roamer. It would prevent 3-4 people from staying at the same camp and building siege at it just to defend vs 1 or 2 roamers at a time while the camp automatically gets upgraded. Why? Cus the players have to run the supply themselves. And that means .. while they do that.. The camp can be taken over by someone else. This opens up so many more strategies the teams but also individuals can use.

That’s not gonna happen to wvw. However, the devs are looking to possibly making something guild/10ish+ based for spvp... good luck!

Archived