Swapping Glyphs between tools after every gathering node...

Let me start by saying that the glyphs are a good idea to fix the advantage of some unlimited tools having bonuses over others....but...Since there's nothing limiting you from switching the glyphs between the tools this creates a really annoying dilemma when you don't have a glyph for all 3 of your tools.For example i have 2 glyphs now 1 on my pick and 1 on my axe.That leaves the sickle without one and makes want to change 1 of the glyphs to the sickle every time i come across a sickle node.But then i find myself switching the glyph between the 2 tools every time i find a node that needs the tool without the glyph.This would be even worse with only 1 glyph swapping between all 3 tools.So either you put up with having to switch the glyph every 15-30 seconds to a different tool so you don't lose the extra materials you gain with the glyph on.Or you don't do it to save yourself the trouble but loose on those extra materials that you could have gained.At the moment the only way to find glyphs is by opening black lion chests or buying them from trading post and the prices are rather high because of the rarity of them.This really makes me wish the glyphs were bound to the tool or the type of tool its used on to avoid this circumstance.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I’m just going to wait. They’re expensive now because they’re new and people are buying them. But after that demand will drop and will more will keep coming in, which means prices will drop. Once they’re low enough then you can buy what you want.

or go up in price if it turns out that the drop rate is really low

the time you waste is probably less than the things you gain from doing this

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:I’m just going to wait. They’re expensive now because they’re new and people are buying them. But after that demand will drop and will more will keep coming in, which means prices will drop. Once they’re low enough then you can buy what you want.

or go up in price if it turns out that the drop rate is really low

the time you waste is probably less than the things you gain from doing this

It’s unlikely to go up in price. When something is brand new, that’s when it’s the highest price. At that time demand is high and supply is low. Demand will drop as people buy and no longer need more and supply (unless ANet deliberately nerfs it) will go up as demand drops but people continue to get them from chests and put them on the trading post.

Another dilemma is that adding rng glyphs to the boxes can flood the market with useless or unused ones. Especially if you already have a set of 3 and got a bad roll for a redundant glyph. Should have made them direct purchases or let us exchange redundant glyphs somewhere and not let them be involved in the game economy.

Archived