Cloth tonic outfits

They are so pretty but so very scarce. When everyone will be done redeeming, none will be left.At the same time some invested an insane amount of gold in some and would feel bad to know their investment went to dust.

On the other hand I still want the tonics.D: aaaa

I'd be very surprised if they don't get re-released at some point. There's clearly a demand there which never existed when they were tonics (understandable, I had a Common Clothing Tonic for each character and almost never used them, but I use the outfits) and it wouldn't make sense for Anet to leave it in a situation where only TP flippers and the rare person who kept extra tonics they don't want themselves gets to profit, while a lot of potential customers miss out.

Adding another way to get them, whether that's directly in the gem store, through Black Lion chests, wardrobe unlocks, in-game drops, whatever would be a win/win for everyone but the flippers - who will simply move on to buying and selling other items.

The fact that they made the outfits in the first place suggests that they are interested in making these more available...eventually. The original source was the gem shop — in the pre-Wardrobe days, all they offered were Town Clothes that you could only use in town. The tonics were created for the transition because they (apparently ran out of time to convert them for all races). As @Danikat.8537 notes, the tonics weren't all that appealing and a lot of people sold them, meaning the only owners were:

• People who really wanted the tonics (not a large fraction, by all accounts)
  • Hoarders and folks who stopped playing, i.e. folks that weren't getting rid of anything.
  • Speculators (those who bought hoping that some day these things might have a market value).

It's hard to imagine ANet wanting to reward only those groups, without any plan to provide a new source. And there's strong precedent for ANet bringing back no-longer-obtainable skins, as they have done on several recent occasions.

tl;dr I'm betting on ANet releasing them 'soon'(that is: I'm not buying the tonics off the TP, as I am 90% sure the price will drop steeply)

Archived