Switching Ranked and Unranked

Math.5123

Introduction: As of now. The only way to play PvP with your friends is either a 4-5 games every 6 hours, or farming Unranked. While AT's generally offers quality matches, they are not enough to satisfy any form of team-competitive scene. So my proposal is so make Ranked Team-queue only. Being able to only queue into Ranked as a Two - Three or Five man party.When doing this, you would also make Unranked Solo only. Introducing more rewards into Unranked to further incentivize people to Solo Queue if they so desire.

• This would make it so that Ranked actually stayed somewhat competitive, not being a complete coin-toss of who you're getting into your team.
  • Bring back some of the integrity of the only competitive mode in the game.
  • Possibly bring more players into the mode.

Having a leaderboard strictly being Solo-queue based promotes win-trading and griefing. (Because at the end of the day, we only have so much power at swaying matches one way or the other)

• This would also allow those people that only plays Solo to keep doing so with the rewards in place.
  • This makes Solo-queue players not being affected by those who wants to team-queue.

I'd look to having the same reward structure in both Ranked and Unranked, in terms of pips. I'd add some end-off the season rewards to further incentivize people to try out the "new ranked".At the end of the day, everyone gets what they want. SoloQ players gets to play in a strict soloQ scenario with the same rewards in place (exluding titles) and the people that wishes for the game to thrive in a competitive manner gets to play TeamQ once again.

Solo unranked? Lol. Yea cause every1 who wants to play with any1 should only be able to play ranked only and risk their rating. Anet should just add party ranked queues with seperate party mmr that affects the quality of their matches but ranked leaderboards are reserved for solo queuing only.

The current system gives better matches overall.Solo q is more competitive than team q.

Say for instance you and your 5 friends are not of equal skill. One person can be extremely good, and one person can be so bad they are a free kill to the enemy team.

How do you balance for this? How do you determine who is the best on a team?
You don’t. It’s impossible.

The current system in RANKED is to assign rankings to players based on skill.

If you simply want to play with friends, play unranked, challenge yourselves in ATs, or even go to WvW.

Once again, the purpose of RANKED is not to play with your friends but to see who is ultimately the best, what classes are the best, and what is generally the best strategy.

The current system does that extremely well. It took like 9 seasons for it to get to this point. Your suggestions have already proven multiple times to not be a good idea.

Hope this clears up your misunderstanding.

@"JayAction.9056" said:The current system gives better matches overall.Solo q is more competitive than team q.

Say for instance you and your 5 friends are not of equal skill. One person can be extremely good, and one person can be so bad they are a free kill to the enemy team.

If you simply want to play with friends, play unranked, challenge yourselves in ATs, or even go to WvW.

Once again, the purpose of RANKED is not to play with your friends but to see who is ultimately the best, what classes are the best, and what is generally the best strategy.

The current system does that extremely well. It took like 9 seasons for it to get to this point. Your suggestions have already proven multiple times to not be a good idea.

IkUYpeA.gif

@JayAction.9056 said:The current system gives better matches overall.Solo q is more competitive than team q.

Serious question, do you really think this season, right now, is competitive? Do you legit think that the strongest players will finish at the top of the leaderboards?

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"JayAction.9056" said:The current system gives better matches overall.Solo q is more competitive than team q.

The current system in
RANKED
is to assign rankings to players based on skill.

Once again, the purpose of
RANKED
is not to play with your friends but to see who is ultimately the best, what classes are the best, and what is generally the best strategy.

IkUYpeA.gif

Lol, this.

@"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

@JayAction.9056 said:The current system gives better matches overall.Solo q is more competitive than team q.

The current system in
RANKED

RANKED
is not to play with your friends but to see who is ultimately the best, what classes are the best, and what is generally the best strategy.

Serious question, do you really think this season, right now, is competitive? Do you legit think that the strongest players will finish at the top of the leaderboards?

Go duel someone top 25 from this season or last season and tell me what you think. Assuming they will even respond or appear online.

It’s consistently the same people top 100. Every season a few people may stop playing when they realize they are consistently rank 1-100 though or other personal reasons.

This season is easier because the best people playing the most OP specs are not even playing. And the most op specs have been nerfed.

Serious question, do you legit think the players at the top don’t belong there? Provide me with a laugh.

The current system in
RANKED

RANKED

Do you legit think that the strongest players will finish at the top of the leaderboards?

Yes. If not the strongest, then who are the players at the top of the leaderboard? Since you have to que solo its all about you and your rank reflects that over the long run.

Everyone of us has to endure the "coin flip" aspects of ranked play, so IMO, that is not really relevant.

That aside, i do agree with not being able to que with your friends as a major bummer. Im new to the scene as of last season. My buddy and i been queing up and learning the game together and when we hit rank 1600 that's how we learned that we could no longer duo que.

I read that arena net did some data mining and concluded that premades were not stomping pugs like one might expect, so what was the reasoning behind the change to solo que in ranked? Which season was ranked changed to solo que only?

@JayAction.9056 said:

The current system in
RANKED

RANKED

Go duel someone top 25 from this season or last season and tell me what you think. Assuming they will even respond or appear online.

It’s consistently the same people top 100. Every season a few people may stop playing when they realize they are consistently rank 1-100 though or other personal reasons.

This season is easier because the best people playing the most OP specs are not even playing. And the most op specs have been nerfed.

Serious question, do you legit think the players at the top don’t belong there? Provide me with a laugh.

A few days ago, 6 out of the top 10 players consisted of Mesmers. 2 of which I had no idea who they even were. A certain somehow that has been playing Mesmer for a while climbed from top 250 to rank 1 on the leaderboards. So, provide me with a laugh telling me the best players in the game gets the top-spots and not the band-waggoners / wintraders.Tell me, how many legit God's of PvP have we had so far? I count Sind, Misha, Zan and maybe Naru? Thats 4 out of ... 10? Provide me with a laugh.

@JayAction.9056 said:

The current system in
RANKED

RANKED

As if those 100 players not being present had nothing to do with the recent ban wave.

@witcher.3197 said:

If solo is more competitive then why aren't esport tournaments soloQ, ever?

...what?

Are you speaking of just GW2 or games in general? I can’t speak on other games, but the purpose of tournaments in this game is for organized teams to compete with pre organized strategies, comms, and all sorts of other Ish to see which team is better. The purpose of tournaments in this game is not to find which individual or spec is the best or most contributing.

That’s why we have RANKED seasons and automated tournaments... different purposes. RANKED is to determine the best, or most impactful players/specs.

That’s also why you get a handful of high ranked players on one team dominating everybody else in tournaments.

The current system in
RANKED

RANKED

Tell me, how many legit God's of PvP have we had so far? I count Sind, Misha, Zan and maybe Naru? Thats 4 out of ... 10? Provide me with a laugh.

Well it’s obvious you haven’t been playing long. You do realize that title didn’t even exist until season 5? So as of this point in time it has only been awarded 6 times across each region.

Also, what point are you trying to prove? Was there supposed to be some big “aha”?

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

The current system in
RANKED

RANKED

As if those 100 players not being present had nothing to do with the recent ban wave.

Mm nah... there are quite a few people with Unyielding, Relentless, and Ruthless legend titles active in game that are not even playing this season.

But I mean whatever makes you feel better about not being able to get the rating you feel you deserve I suppose.

Tell me, how many legit God's of PvP have we had so far? I count Sind, Misha, Zan and maybe Naru? Thats 4 out of ... 10? Provide me with a laugh.

@JayAction.9056 said:

Well it’s obvious you haven’t been playing long. You do realize that title didn’t even exist until season 5? So as of this point in time it has only been awarded 6 times across each region.and Naru had 3 of them. 6+6-2(extra on the same player)=10. Basic maths my dude. Also, I've most likely been playing a lot longer than you have, but that's besides the point.Edit: Thanks for providing me with a laugh though.

@"JayAction.9056" said:

Well it’s obvious you haven’t been playing long. You do realize that title didn’t even exist until season 5? So as of this point in time it has only been awarded 6 times across each region."Tell me, how many legit God's of PvP have we had so far? I count Sind, Misha, Zan and maybe Naru? Thats 4 out of ... 10? Provide me with a laugh."and Naru had 3 of them. 6+6-2(extra on the same player)=10. Basic maths my dude. Also, I've most likely been playing a lot longer than you have, but that's besides the point.

You would recognize my name and I would recognize yours if you have been playing this game for an extended period of time at a high level rating. So that’s going to be a negative my friend.

What is your math supposed to be proving btw?

Edit: If you have been playing this game for long at all you wouldn’t have even made this thread.

@JayAction.9056 said:

Well it’s obvious you haven’t been playing long. You do realize that title didn’t even exist until season 5? So as of this point in time it has only been awarded 6 times across each region."Tell me, how many legit God's of PvP have we had so far? I count Sind, Misha, Zan and maybe Naru? Thats 4 out of ... 10? Provide me with a laugh."and Naru had 3 of them. 6+6-2(extra on the same player)=10. Basic maths my dude. Also, I've most likely been playing a lot longer than you have, but that's besides the point.

You would recognize my name and I would recognize yours if you have been playing this game for an extended period of time at a high level rating. So that’s going to be a negative my friend.

What is your math supposed to be proving btw?

This is an alt account, and I've faced your Rev a few seasons back when I was playing on NA. You stated that I didn't know how many Gods of Pvp there were in the game and I blatantly proved you wrong. I'm not going to enter a dick-measuring contest with you on the forums though.

I have the feeling that the real problem of pvp in this game is not ranked or unranked, the size of pre-made teams per game, the division you are currently playing in, your class, win-trading or whatsoever...

I think most of the frustration and bad experiences could be prevented if there where game modes that only require 2-3 players per team (like team/solo arena in other mmos). I know, there was already a map for 5v5 death-match in this game (courtyard? - I forgot the name) but the problem again might have been the focus on the size of the teams (and that you could not queue for this map specifically). I am convinced that 2v2 and 3v3 (and 5v5) would bring some dynamics to pvp: quick games, not much effort needed to organize teams.. Just quick and uncomplicated games.

Archived