And Death Shroud remains untouched...

killfil.3472

Might gen got slightly better in PvE and they started to reduce ranger's support impact in PvE as well. The gap in support is less wide that it used to be, we can't really say that everything remain untouched. But yeah all in all what have been done to underwater wasn't as great as it seem to be. They didn't touch underwater shroud, increased condi burst damage underwater at the cost of condi sustain while adding a huge risk against projectile reflection tools. The necromancer needed life transfert on UW shroud#4 and some more LF gen on both trident and spear. Nothing more nothing less.

So yeah most of the patch sucks except for might gen even if everything look like shiny buff.

@killfil.3472 said:C'mon lads... It really needs an update...

I think that was my biggest disappointment take from this whole patch is that the core shroud went untouched despite it having unique underwater skills that are questionably better than the ground skills so rather than normalizing a mix of the above and underwater skills they just didnt change anything.

Last year they added revealed to Tainted Shackles, which made wvw roaming on a base necro realistic. Then scourge came out and made it redundant because shades get around the targeting issue.

Turning Dark Path into a teleport would go a long way.

I'll put this here, it was from my thread in the PvP forum:

Proposition: Reduce Death Shroud and Reaper shroud to 7-8 seconds -or- provide a 20-30% reduce shroud cooldown to a trait.

Reasoning: The previous trait https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Speed_of_Shadows before being reworked on August 08, 2017 provided a 30% reduction to shroud cooldown bringing it from 10 seconds to 7.

This made the transition between shroud and weapon skills more fluid and helped give core and reaper specced necromancers more defensive capabilities when playing power variants of the class.

Either making Death Shroud and Reaper Shroud 7-8 seconds cooldown baseline, or providing the 30% to a trait once again (which would also bring the Scourge F5 to 21s CD) which would cause Scourge players to rethink which traits to bring (unblockable marks/LF vs reduced F5 CD) if for example it was added to either Unyielding Blast or Speed of Shadows.

Currently most builds will use Soul Marks as their 1st trait, so adding it to this line (either reworking unyielding blast..which is kinda crap, or reverting speed of shadows) would provide alternative choices to melee / non-staff builds as well as another choice for staff users possibly.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/29858/reduce-core-reaper-shroud-cooldowns-by-2-3-seconds#latest

I feel like the next "major overhaul" will be DS. After mesmer and deadeye its the next perfect candidate. Also the patch did nothing besides the water changes and converting the previous PVP/WvW changes to PVE. This keeps up the hope that they are working on something bigger for necro DS.

Archived