How Much Offensive Support Does Power Reaper Bring Now?

Oldirtbeard.9834

Still outclassed by anything else that produces might, including Scourge. Besides, only Well of Power pulses might, the others do not. Vampiric Presence is not potent enough to be considered REAL support, just a nice niche thing to have for some extra healing/damage.

@Methuselah.4376 said:Still outclassed by anything else that produces might, including Scourge. Besides, only Well of Power pulses might, the others do not. Vampiric Presence is not potent enough to be considered REAL support, just a nice niche thing to have for some extra healing/damage.

W/e, I'll just keep playing other games to get my group/raid fix; really the only thing this game gets right any way is Open World Content which is it's Bread and Butter (which is what I mainly do in GW2, since I assume I'll never be welcome in groups).

Still not close to Elementalist/Mesmer when it comes to PvE. Might isn't a problem for necro really, it's easy to insta-stack 25 stacks of might with a power Reaper. Yet, even with 25 stacks of might, you will be doing half the damage of an elementalist. Skill damage is underpowered and those slight buffs aren't enough to bring necro to elementalist/mesmer level.

@Umut.5471 said:Still not close to Elementalist/Mesmer when it comes to PvE. Might isn't a problem for necro really, it's easy to insta-stack 25 stacks of might with a power Reaper. Yet, even with 25 stacks of might, you will be doing half the damage of an elementalist. Skill damage is underpowered and those slight buffs aren't enough to bring necro to elementalist/mesmer level.

Still the change is nice and reduce the gap which is a good thing.

As for elementalist, I might be wrong but this patch seem to be the death of the staff dps power builds in PvE which mean that weaver might focus more on it's sword dps build and tempest might make a come back in the limelight. It's a nerf yeah but it might very well be a good thing for the elementalist's build diversity in PvE especially since dps tempest can fart quite a lot of boons while still dealing damages.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@Umut.5471 said:Still not close to Elementalist/Mesmer when it comes to PvE. Might isn't a problem for necro really, it's easy to insta-stack 25 stacks of might with a power Reaper. Yet, even with 25 stacks of might, you will be doing half the damage of an elementalist. Skill damage is underpowered and those slight buffs aren't enough to bring necro to elementalist/mesmer level.

As for elementalist, I might be wrong but this patch seem to be the death of the staff dps power builds in PvE which mean that weaver might focus more on it's sword dps build and tempest might make a come back in the limelight. It's a nerf yeah but it might very well be a good thing for the elementalist's build diversity in PvE especially since dps tempest can fart quite a lot of boons while still dealing damages.

I agree, any buff is appreciated at this point. I'm happy to see them realize PvE Necro's lacking situation.I hope they keep buffing PvE DPS till Necro becomes on par with Raid metas.

@Umut.5471 said:

I agree, any buff is appreciated at this point. I'm happy to see them realize PvE Necro's lacking situation.I hope they keep buffing PvE DPS till Necro becomes on par with Raid metas.

Maybe 2022 will be our year.

Yep, nothing for Reaper; as far as I can see, the buffs primarily affect core Necro builds. Normal Reaper and Scourge builds will not benefit much, if at all. BiP was running into might caps in group play so that is probably the reason for the ammo system. Wells changes will buff build variety for casual PvE support and WvW.

@Anchoku.8142 said:Yep, nothing for Reaper; as far as I can see, the buffs primarily affect core Necro builds. Normal Reaper and Scourge builds will not benefit much, if at all. BiP was running into might caps in group play so that is probably the reason for the ammo system. Wells changes will buff build variety for casual PvE support and WvW.

Except that BiP is a nice little dps increase with transfers now as you get double the condis inflicted on both enemies and self.

Well of Power was underrated before, so the buff to add 6 stacks of might is a big boost. It might not be helpful in raids, but in fractals and wvw it was marginally viable just to undo some of the condi pressure. The only thing holding it back is the cooldown is still a bit high even if spec'd to reduce well cooldown time.

Archived