[Suggestion] Dye Preview For Mount Skins?

I'm not quite sure if someone has already suggested this or not but this has been something I've been wishing for since mount skins have come out. We already have the option to see the default colors used for both locked and unlocked mount skins. But it would be awesome if you could see the colors you're already using on locked skins.

You can already do this with outfits - as long as you're wearing a outfit you can see the locked ones with the dyes you're using. I love that you can do this. I'm never a fan of the default colors and I've gotten a bunch of outfits over time because I can see what it looks like in the color combos that I like - not just the default dyes.

If we could do this with mount skins I bet a lot more people would be buying them!

Mount skins do the same thing as Outfits: if you don't have a particular skin unlocked, the preview shows it in the colors of the mount you are currently using. And then there's the checkbox to show it in its original color scheme.

When I read the title, I thought OP meant that we could preview dyes like we do on armor: select a skin and play around with the various dyes to see what's possible. That's what I would like to see for mounts, and outfits as well.

@OP: if your account doesn't do this, perhaps send a support ticket?

Mount appearances on the Mounts tab always show in the default color palette for me as well.Even viewing my currently enabled mount skin on that tab displays it in the default colors instead of what I currently have it dyed as.

For me to see what a mount skin will look like in other colors I must first enable that skin, switch to the Dye tab and then color it. Because of this, locked mount skins cannot be previewed in any color other than their default colors because they cannot be selected as your current skin to then be able to preview dyes on them in the Dye tab.

I dislike that I cannot preview locked mount skins in other color palettes.

I have also never understood what that 'Show in Default Colors' option has been for as they always show in the default colors whether it is enabled or disabled.

Generally speaking, the preview window hasn't had any improvements since launch. It's added MountFits and such, but the basic tech remains the same. I'd rather see ANet do a comprehensive overhaul of the window than make incremental improvements, even ones that I've been asking for since launch.

For example, we don't see particle effects, we can't set our own "default colors" to compare, we can't change the lighting (which varies considerably throughout the game), etc.

Archived