How to reset Password?

I have just downloaded the original game again but can't log in. It is saying my password is wrong, but I know it's right cause I'm using the same password for Guild Wars 2.

But I guess not.

It's not letting me log in despite being able to log in to the website and seeing both my Guild Wars 1 and 2 purchases.

So, anyone know how to reset the password?

EDIT: Actually I think it might be that I can't remember the character name... How do I even find that?

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Did you, or did you not, receive the near-immediate automated reply? (It won't show up in the Support page.)

Do be aware: even at the best of times, the CS Team allows 72 hours for responses.

(Does the Support Ticket page allow custom pictures? I've never seen that before.)

The "thanks for contacting support" email? Yeah I did.

@Reynbow.9257 said:

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Did you, or did you not, receive the near-immediate automated reply? (It won't show up in the Support page.)

Do be aware: even at the best of times, the CS Team allows 72 hours for responses.

(Does the Support Ticket page allow custom pictures? I've never seen that before.)

then just wait atleast 72 hours seems like they are swamped atm and it may take longer mate.Once had it take 12 days and I forgot I had put in a support ticket =)

@Linken.6345 said:

then just wait atleast 72 hours seems like they are swamped atm and it may take longer mate.Once had it take 12 days and I forgot I had put in a support ticket =)

Well, with the complete inability to log in, I wont forget...

@Reynbow.9257 said:I have just downloaded the original game again but can't log in. It is saying my password is wrong

If you have linked your GW1 and GW2 accounts, the password for your GW1 account has automatically been changed - it now equals the one you use for GW2. You can no longer have two different passwords - you change one, you automatically change the other.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Reynbow.9257 said:I have just downloaded the original game again but can't log in. It is saying my password is wrong

If you have linked your GW1 and GW2 accounts, the password for your GW1 account has automatically been changed - it now equals the one you use for GW2. You can no longer have two different passwords - you change one, you automatically change the other.

Pretty sure the OP stated that the issue is the necessary Character Name.

Archived