Material Conversion Cooldowns and what else?

I just recently decided to make a set of exotic celestial armor for the hell of it. I noticed that I need a lot of Charged Quartz so I started converting that daily.5 charged quartz per emblem, 6 armor pieces to craft, one conversion per day, so 30 days to craft an exotic set? Yikes!

So now of course I wish I had been converting stuff like this a long time ago. My question is, could someone point to a guide/thread or provide a short list of things they'd recommend converting/acquiring daily, just in case they might want to use them some day? I don't even need to know what they're for--I just want to make sure that anything that's as easy as converting quartz yet has a cooldown isn't being neglected by yours truly :)

Thanks for your time

For an even more in-depth list of daily (or other) resets look here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Server_resetApart from daily achievments the only thing other I'd worry about (or rather even consider in the first place) is crafting of ascended maetrials (wood, iron, leather, cloth) - requires the respective crafting professions at 450 though.

@Kolache.3964 said:I just recently decided to make a set of exotic celestial armor for the hell of it. I noticed that I need a lot of Charged Quartz so I started converting that daily.5 charged quartz per emblem, 6 armor pieces to craft, one conversion per day, so 30 days to craft an exotic set? Yikes!

Charged Quartz also drops on a rare chance from the Charged Quartz Formation home instance node.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Kolache.3964 said:I just recently decided to make a set of exotic celestial armor for the hell of it. I noticed that I need a lot of Charged Quartz so I started converting that daily.5 charged quartz per emblem, 6 armor pieces to craft, one conversion per day, so 30 days to craft an exotic set? Yikes!

Charged Quartz also drops on a rare chance from the Charged Quartz Formation home instance node.

...this.

Also, @Kolache.3964, this is why many players just buy a fairly basic, boring armor set (rampagers or berserker), and skip directly into crafting ascended armor. There just isn't the return on investment, in many cases, to justify crafting exotics. Buying them with Karma or similar currencies are simpler and pretty much as effective.

It also has daily cooldown materials, but once crafted you can inexpensively change to any stat set you care to have. So, in roughly the same sort of timeframe you end up with something that is of much longer term value.

As for your armor set: The expansions offered other ways to obtain it, namely reward tracks. Instead of having to spend 30 days charging quartz, you can now play WvW and PvP using the Crystal Desert or Triumphant Armor reward tracks f.ex.The armor box at the end allows you to choose celestial stats. The general consensus for WvW is around 4 hours with boosters (8 without)and t6 participation to complete it once, so you can get your armor in about 4x6=24 hours of play instead.

Archived