Just curious, is there any indication in the near future for a balance patch?

I read somewhere, either here or reddit, that there were hints to an upcoming balance patch whether that is impending or far off. But I just wanted to hear if there was any weight to that statement. I'm not hardcore at all, but I would still be interested in seeing what some of these balance patch notes would look like if indeed they are on their way.

@LucianDK.8615 said:They have big balance patches roughly every 3 months. The last big one was 22th may, so theres over 2 months to go.

Ah thanks for the heads up. :+1:

EDIT: Would you consider the game to be overall pretty balanced for PvE at least? I know that there are some classes that are more powerful than others but I'm talking more about grossly overpowered (or under) classes compared to others.

@solfizz.5730 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:They have big balance patches roughly every 3 months. The last big one was 22th may, so theres over 2 months to go.

Ah thanks for the heads up. :+1:

EDIT: Would you consider the game to be overall pretty balanced for PvE at least? I know that there are some classes that are more powerful than others but I'm talking more about grossly overpowered (or under) classes compared to others.

PvP is more or less ok, since every class can be playable. Thought as usual a handful of classes are better overall, spellbreaker, mesmer etc.

PvE is downright terrible. At release the game was all about stacking in a single point and spam warrior’s hundred blades and banners while everything else was either bad or way too slow compared to that method. The situation went on for years. Same for the condition meta Anet pushed with the beginning of HoT.

Now some classes are either not used or desired at all in endgame PvE (high level fractald/raids, you can do anything in openworld with any spec even if it’s a bad one). Power revenant, power necro, core ranger, and I’m forgetting many.Top classes haven’t changed for a while in PvE and won’t since the delay between these so called balance update are way too long. Best classes consist of mesmers (they’re way too good in any gamemode), warriors, guardians, druids and that’s it essentially. Just check out websites about the current meta/benchmark you’ll notice some classes are just way way behind or sometimes not even listed.

Stopped playing the game not because of lack of content, hard content or anythinh else but the terrible job the balance team (if there’s even one) has been doing since release and mostly after HoT.

I'm expecting the glorious favored pink butterfly child of GW2, the Mesmer, to be mysteriously left untouched despite being meta in every single game mode. On the other hand, more nerfs to Thief and Necro are likely incoming. Hm what else... Oh right, leave the support classes untouched so Druid continues to be the only choice. Job well done!

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/43096/most-op-over-powered-class-in-game/p1

Honestly don't feel the balance is even that bad, the community's obsession with Golem DPS and simulation DPS (neither representing realistic figures in challenging content) is the problem and the only fix to it is finding like-minded people who won't throw a tantrum if you don't play one of the 4 builds hyped by Snow Crows.

The only 2 exceptions to this that i can see are Druid and Chrono, the former wouldn't be too hard to fix if they gave access to might to more support classes, the later is unfixable unless they redesign Alacrity or give more specs access to it, which would heavily ruin the whole fantasy around them.

@"Griever.8150" said:Honestly don't feel the balance is even that bad, the community's obsession with Golem DPS and simulation DPS (neither representing realistic figures in challenging content) is the problem and the only fix to it is finding like-minded people who won't throw a tantrum if you don't play one of the 4 builds hyped by Snow Crows.

I completely agree. I'd also add that when you see bosses taken down with ridiculous comps like "five rangers", you know that it really isn't that serious of a DPS check and all. The whole "meta or fail" mentality is way out in the weeds.

The only 2 exceptions to this that i can see are Druid and Chrono, the former wouldn't be too hard to fix if they gave access to might to more support classes, the later is unfixable unless they redesign Alacrity or give more specs access to it, which would heavily ruin the whole fantasy around them.

I'd really like to see that expanded, honestly. The might thing, though, isn't really about might. It's about the fact that druids also bring might, along with all the other 10 person buffs they bring, such that it is efficient to use them exclusively. Without their might, you would add one might generator warrior to the mix, but druid would still dominate in every other regard.

Balancing boon generation across more specs would, IMO, be extremely good for the health of the game longer term. Dedicated-ish roles are fine and all, but you need at least some variety of them.

@"Zephyr.5382" said:After 6 years, I think true balance is a unicorn.

After watching the WoW player base scream about being "nerfed into the ground", meme-style, when effective DPS output was reduced by 0.6 percent on one spec, as part of a balance change, measured across literally thousands of raid groups, yeah... (This brought them from the top line of the main cluster of DPS to the middle, giving you some idea the full range of variation, too.)

You can't technology people to stop thinking that a one percent DPS difference is more significant than the five percent that player skill and/or attention bring to the table.

Archived