Most OP(Over powered) class in game?

feanor.4605

So all around, in general, most over powered class in game to date (6/9/18)? This is for ANET to see what the community thinks of the classes in where to help which classes and which ones need balancing, thank you! Be fair! Leave a comment on why you voted for who you voted and why you think the other classes are poorly excecuted in there design.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mesmer is overtune. It is a hard but reward class , yes. But, it may be too rewarding with all the damage you can put out.Now, core mesmer isn't op but the problems is the elited specialization.

I feel like mesmer can take on the role of assassinated people of thief and doing it better than thief. Also, there are many problem that hasnt been fix+ the bad balanced (instead of reduced the radius, they neft damage and increase cool down on sourge ss) make a lot of class in the game feel under perform.

mesmer, especially condi mirages are just absolute disgustig to fight against, sure they are having fun, but everyone else fighting against them just feels miserable. mesmer is just stacked with everything, they got it all, dmg, invuln, blocks, blinks, illusions to confuse, range and melee, did i forget something?

I do not necessarily think Mesmer is op. It is the most complete class, with multiple meta (if not over performing) builds in every game mode. You want power damage, condi, support, CC, mobility, literally anything, there is a Mesmer build that does it.

Poor guardian, my main, only got 1 vote ?

mesmer / mirageToo many complementarities between phantasm, clones,blinding/confusion, stealth, f1-f4, Deception' skills, boon stacking. So many traits and skills are both agressive and defensive. You add stealth, blinks, close-gap, cc, Ellusive mind, mirage cloak, some heals/regen ; In WvW you can add the +40% endurance regen ; you have perma 3 clones, mirage cloak, distorsion/blur or stealth.Even a beginner playing with Traiblazer or Dire can win half his fights rolling the head on the keyboard, and run away the other half.2nd : Warrior /SB, in a good spot in all modes with few risk.

@Eekasqueak.7850 said:

@Clownmug.8357 said:Mesmer used to be my main/favorite profession, but it no longer resembles what I started playing 5+ years ago. It's all spammy and twitchy now like some kind of magic-based thief.

Poor Thief, Mesmer basically does them better. Especially with Mirage and the addition of Mesmer 'stealth attacks'.

Sadly, it is true. I feel mirage discourage a lot of people from playing thief. It like playing a upgrade version of thief that doing almost everything better.

Archived