Consider rewarding skirmish tickets spread evenly?

Swagger.1459

Would be nice if the team split up skirmish ticket rewards evenly in chests, as opposed to being end heavy. I’m sure players would appreciate having each play session, or time logged in, valued equally. I don’t think a change like this would break anything.

Edit- I need to clarify... sorry tired atm...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Skirmish_Claim_Ticket

There are a total of 35 chests that provide tickets, and max tickets rewarded are 365. If we broke it all up evenly, just trash the 15 extra tickets and do 35 chests with 10 tickets inside each.

@SloRules.3560 said:Have you calculated time per ticket?

Well, I’m just looking to see if we could get rewards spread out evenly. I’m not looking at anything beyond that at this point.

There are a total of 35 chests that provide tickets, and max tickets rewarded are 365. I mean if we broke it all up evenly, just trash the 15 extra tickets and do 35 chests with 10 tickets inside each.

Edit- there was a post that calculated time, but I wasn’t worried about that so I didn’t look.

@starlinvf.1358 said:It would defeat the purpose of forcing you to commit to the full time investment, instead of only doing half. Its the reason they did that, just like most Map metas require you to be there for the whole thing to get max rewards.

To be fair, some players can’t make full time commitments. The designs favors players who can play longer, not based off of anything else really.

Meta events are a different comparison that I don’t think we can realistically make in this scenario.

There is a weekly ticket cap of 365, and I have zero issue with players not making that cap... That’s their loss in tickets in the end... However, I personally feel rewarding equally for time spent would be a better route.

Tickets are already weighted toward the beginning - each ticket takes longer and longer til Diamond, then it's slightly less than Mithril. What you're suggesting would actually result in less tickets on average for those that don't finish the week (actually your suggestion of trashing 15 per week would make pretty much everyone get less tickets).

@"Ognimod.9713" said:Tickets are already weighted toward the beginning - each ticket takes longer and longer til Diamond, then it's slightly less than Mithril. What you're suggesting would actually result in less tickets on average for those that don't finish the week (actually your suggestion of trashing 15 per week would make pretty much everyone get less tickets).

Tickets are not weighted toward the beginning. Currently diamond is more tickets than mithril.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Skirmish_Claim_Ticket

Current design allots 295 tickets if a player finished mithril and didn’t touch diamond. My suggestion gives 290 for finishing the mithril track. Players would earn more total tickets in lower tiers, not less as you are suggesting.

Archived