firebrands axe auto attack has 1 second bleed and burn base condi duration ...

kreven.6017

@kreven.6017 said:the burn u could argue but the 2 stack bleed for 1 sec is not

I still don't get it ... you don't like the extra condition damage you get for basically free? You don't appreciate the covering condition for your burns? Somehow that makes Axe a second-class Main hand condition weapon? I'm going out on a limb here but it seems to me you don't understand what you are complaining about.

I urge you to go back and have a look at your damage logs in a properly made FB condition build.

@kreven.6017 said:im asking for more duration of bleed because fb axe right now is a burn only build, we have very lower cover conditions all im asking for is maybe increasing the bleed duration and burn duration.

Guardian condi damage is based on VoJ (ToJ for FB) and torch. MH weapons will never do much condi damage, cuz if they do gurdian condi damage will be bonkers. Honestly, in open world PvE scepter and sword are better than axe. But axe is as good as it will ever get in raids.

@otto.5684 said:

@kreven.6017 said:im asking for more duration of bleed because fb axe right now is a burn only build, we have very lower cover conditions all im asking for is maybe increasing the bleed duration and burn duration.

Guardian condi damage is based on VoJ (ToJ for FB) and torch. MH weapons will never do much condi damage, cuz if they do gurdian condi damage will be bonkers. Honestly, in open world PvE scepter and sword are better than axe. But axe is as good as it will ever get in raids.

Even in raids though, scepter still beats out axe for a griever's/sinister condi focused build. :(

@kreven.6017 said:scepter a power weapon beats axe our condi weapon that should tell u how bad axe is for condi . its like having a hammer scrapper condi beat p/p condi on engi

The problem is ToJ. Cuz the damage coming from it and torch is so high, it leaves no room for much on the MH. How can this change? I dunno. IMO Anet cornered the design in many ways with FB cuz of the tomes. In addition, it is the same issue with scepter, the symbol 2, even in non-power builds, out dpses everything else in PvE.

I think that symbol 2 damage should be reduced in favor of more damage on scepter AA and 3. This will work much better for guardian build diversity in both PvE and PvP.

Again, you need to check your condi damage output here. There is nothing insufficient about the damage you get from a proper made condi FB build, even if most of that condi damage comes from burning. It doesn't make much sense to compare a power to a condi build, so it's irrelevant that Scepter power does more damage than Axe condi FB build. If you just want pure DPS output ... then you already answered your own question about how to get it.

If you want duration increases, they are easy to get in how you make a build. Again, i'm not sure you understand what you are asking for because your reasoning doesn't make much sense. There actually isn't a problem with a burn-only condi build so that's not a sound reason to ask for more bleed duration.

@"Obtena.7952" said:There actually isn't a problem with a burn-only condi build so that's not a sound reason to ask for more bleed duration.

Exactly. I secretly wish Axe only had Burning... My Sigil of Smoldering and Balthazar runes can't do much with the bleeds, lol. And I always say jokingly "I'm a Firebrand, not a Bloodbrand!" :P

I don't know how to break this to you.... but Guardian as an entire class is essentially a Burn only build when Condi. Firebrand can get +45% Burn duration on traits alone. Another 20% from 1 sigil, plus another 40% duration if all Vipers. Thats fully capped Burning Duration. I think what you're failing to realize is how much burn damage is loaded into Justice.... and that procs on EVERYTHING you do. Its the same 2 seconds of burning as searing slash on passive trigger, but its also AOE. Torch 5..... do I even need to explain what 9 hits on 3 targets does Justice? Not enough Burning? Mantra of Flame, 4 seconds per cast. Still not enough Burning? Quickfire for Ashes of the Just.

STILL not enough burning? Justice Tome with Archivist of Whispers, Legendary Lore, Lore master, and Renewed Justice (Radiance minor). Tome Skill 1 to cause 3s of burning on the main hit, Justice Passive procs at least once per cast, 9s worth of burning if you use Ashes of the Just (tome 5), 10s of burning on Scorched Aftermath (Tome 4), 12 seconds of Burn on Igniting Burst (Tome 2), AND Renewed justice resets the cooldown on kill.

So to recap..... F1, Spam ALL the burning, let the burn damage do its thing, when something dies press F1 again, repeat until all things dead.

Archived