Incredible fun of GW2 SPVP

Except the Long Range shot and Power Stab, those numbers seems ok... In context to long lasting state of current balance at least. (read: it could be worse)Without the context, almost all skills in game need 'de-powercreeping' because while dmg keeps getting higher and higher through out the years, HP pools are not.

@Alatar.7364 said:Except the Long Range shot and Power Stab, those numbers seems ok... In context to long lasting state of current balance at least. (read: it could be worse)Without the context, almost all skills in game need 'de-powercreeping' because while dmg keeps getting higher and higher through out the years, HP pools are not.

Power stab is last chain on GS auto, long rage shot only hits more than 3k when you got sic 'em and soulbeast traits like twice as vicious active (only lasts 6 sec anyway). Other classes have more consistent numbers on their autos :P

@ChartFish.1308 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:Except the Long Range shot and Power Stab, those numbers seems ok... In context to long lasting state of current balance at least. (read:
it could be worse
)Without the context, almost all skills in game need 'de-powercreeping' because while dmg keeps getting higher and higher through out the years, HP pools are not.

Power stab is last chain on GS auto, long rage shot only hits more than 3k when you got sic 'em and soulbeast traits like twice as vicious active (only lasts 6 sec anyway). Other classes have more consistent numbers on their autos :P

It also has Evade in that chain and that number was luckily pretty low compared to what it usually does.

@"Alatar.7364" said:Except the Long Range shot and Power Stab, those numbers seems ok... In context to long lasting state of current balance at least. (read: it could be worse)Without the context, almost all skills in game need 'de-powercreeping' because while dmg keeps getting higher and higher through out the years, HP pools are not.

I'm not chiming in because I have a problem with the spvp (wvw/spvp/roleplaying are most of what I do here) but saying "it could be worse" in an argument is just silly. Its too vague and generalized. Like yeah, obviously it could be worse. You could say that about -anything- anywhere anytime, heh.

@Gretzel.6790 said:

@"Alatar.7364" said:Except the Long Range shot and Power Stab, those numbers seems ok... In context to long lasting state of current balance at least. (read:
it could be worse
)Without the context, almost all skills in game need 'de-powercreeping' because while dmg keeps getting higher and higher through out the years, HP pools are not.

I'm not chiming in because I have a problem with the spvp (wvw/spvp/roleplaying are most of what I do here) but saying "it could be worse" in an argument is just silly. Its too vague and generalized. Like yeah, obviously it could be worse. You could say that about -anything- anywhere anytime, heh.

Indeed, it was (and is) supposed to be irony.Like I said, almost all skills need 'de-powercreeping'.

What is this thread supposed to prove ? That under certain conditions, certain skills can deal a lot of damage ?

If the skill is a click, you are dead we have a problem (and this is not the case)If the damage requires a setup then we can argue, but you need to post the context. Photos like that don't really show anything

@polvere.2805 said:What is this thread supposed to prove ? That under certain conditions, certain skills can deal a lot of damage ?

If the skill is a click, you are dead we have a problem (and this is not the case)If the damage requires a setup then we can argue, but you need to post the context. Photos like that don't really show anything

What certain classes have broken abilities who can nearly always deals tons of damage and can usually 1-shot people who don't stack vitality. And yes, it is a problem, when you only need to push a button to kill somebody, like in thee case of deadeye: mark -> dodge/stealth -> spam DJ, because it is spammable -> enemy runs ou of dodges = win.If your only counter play against certain class/built is to avoiding everything until you run out dodges and then you die - we have a problem there.

@"Regon Phoenix.8215" said:when you only need to push a button to kill somebody, like in thee case of deadeye: mark -> dodge/stealth -> spam DJ, because it is spammable -> enemy runs ou of >dodges = win.

Just wanna chime in and say deaths judgement has a sound cue and telegraph and cannot be spammed, because it reveals you on skill cast for three seconds.

"Reveal yourself and fire a powerful shot at your foe. If this attack hits your mark, it consumes all malice and deals increased damage for each malice consumed."

You have 3 seconds to make the thief think about healing or burn his dodges so he doesnt get dodge on stealth for another setup after you hear the DJ sound cue, unless that thief has shadow meld , at which point you know he is going probably try to DJ again and should be ready with any evade.

alternatively, if you are a class that can apply revealed, revealing him after a shadow meld disables DJ.

@Regon Phoenix.8215 said:What certain classes have broken abilities who can nearly always deals tons of damage and can usually 1-shot people who don't stack vitality. And yes, it is a problem, when you only need to push a button to kill somebody, like in thee case of deadeye: mark -> dodge/stealth -> spam DJ, because it is spammable -> enemy runs ou of dodges = win.If your only counter play against certain class/built is to avoiding everything until you run out dodges and then you die - we have a problem there.

By the way you are describing the issue it's quite easy to see that you don't have fully and in depth analyzed the classes that are causing you problem. I suggest you to play these classes against competent people and see if it's really like that.

This is basically just a rant thread with no real suggestion or concrete discussion

@polvere.2805 said:I suggest you to play these classes against competent people and see if it's really like that.

Way ahead of you. I made thief/ranger long time ago, and when they get too broken i usually start playing them, just to abuse how broken they are. Though, it is very boring way to play the game.P.S. my personal highest hit with DJ in spvp was 9k. It is broken.

Lmao. Take a look at the most recent patches and seriously ask yourself why you aren't playung gs sd soulbeast ranger. There literally is no other viable option against this build besides an exact copy. It melts mesmers, tank fbs, necros, thieves, engis and holos. Nothing can withstand the might of the Melee only Samurai Soulbeast. Conform or crumble

Archived