I see a lot of posts about broken/rigged MMR and long win/loss streaks.
If you are losing 10 games in a row and experiencing these streaks consistently, you need to look at what the common factor between all those games is. You.
Here is what will improve your game, if you aren’t doing these things you’ll experience a lot of volatility in your rating (there’s no conspiracy, only good and bad decisions):
- Smart rotations (you just wiped the enemy at mid, is spreading your team thin and pushing far the smart move?)
- Watching the mini map (this is the most valuable tool you have in every match)
- NOT attempting to revive yourself (enemy downs you, runs away while you are downed, do you attempt to get back up? in most cases the answer is a solid and resounding NO unless you are 99.99% sure you will quickly get back up without them doubling back to smack you.. map awareness is key here. Are there nearby allies to help or enemies that will just keep you downed?)
- Using downed skills to help your team (use your downed knock back/fear/interrupt to assist whoever is still fighting in the smartest way possible. Look for nearby downed enemies to tag and help kill for the rally... never give up)
- NEVER give up (ever! come backs are possible and do happen but only if you never give up)
- Use your CC to prevent revives or stomps (this is a game changer, teams doing this will beat teams that don’t)
- Let enemies bleed out if they are off point and don’t pose a threat to anyone via downed skills or potential rally (this keeps them out of play for significantly longer in some cases and can really turn things around)
- Fight on points! (It can be ultra tempting to step off point to help an ally nearby but in most cases it is a mistake on their part to be fighting off point and out of your range and not on your part for holding the point from being contested.. there are always exceptions of course but again this is about making good decisions)
- Check B at the start of a match to see who and what you’re against (often times you’ll recognize people or comps and you can make a preliminary strategy before the game begins or alert team mates as to what build a certain person is playing or who a weak player on the enemy team is that should be focused and downed first)
- Calling smart targets (if no one else is calling a target to focus then the responsibility falls to you, make a hotkey and make good decisions in team fights to pick a target for everyone to focus down first... this can be taken a step further to tag the enemy thief for your team to easily keep an eye on and your friendly thief/rev/guardian to easily take the target called with their own hotkey to quickly teleport over/through terrain to the enemy target)
This is just a few things off the top of my head, there are many many more. If you see things in the list you aren’t doing, that is why your rating fluctuates so much. The better players do all of this and more.
Please add helpful tips to keep this a positive thread to help others.