Legendary Underwater Weapons need Buff

With the legendary musical instruments getting “buffed” of sorts by granting users a playable musical toy, I thought the underwater legendaries deserved some attention. I’m thinking something simple like underwater speed boost when the legendary is equipped. With of course some sort of graphic to make it more epic.

@starhunter.6015 said:Swim infusions are for the speed boosts under water, since no legendary grants a speed boost without use of a existing skill. It would not make sense to grant a speed bonus/boost to just having a UW legendary. After all it would take away from the new infusions .

The underwater legendaries are for the most part considered the least desirable. My line of thought is to insentivise the benefit of having a legendary underwater weapon over an ascended weapon. Heck you can’t even look at the thing unless your underwater. Underwater speed boost seems reasonable as it would just add to swim speed infusion bonus. Any other suggestions? Or do you think the underwater legendaries are fine as is?

@lokh.2695 said:If there was more UW content, UW legys would be more relevant. I have nothing against adding shinyness but the swim speed upgrade is a nono. Legendaries can't have better stats in any way shape or form than ascended.

Logical argument. But in line with the legendary instruments getting a toy, how about something like an underwater combat tonic. You turn into a mermaid/merman or largo kinda thing. I’m proposing some kinda of extra incentive to make underwater legendaries better without unbalancing the combat abilities.

@Brother.1504 said:

@lokh.2695 said:If there was more UW content, UW legys would be more relevant. I have nothing against adding shinyness but the swim speed upgrade is a nono. Legendaries can't have better stats in any way shape or form than ascended.

Logical argument. But in line with the legendary instruments getting a toy, how about something like an underwater combat tonic. You turn into a mermaid/merman or largo kinda thing. I’m proposing some kinda of extra incentive to make underwater legendaries better without unbalancing the combat abilities.

The UW toy skin/tonic would be a good incentive and would get a lot more people into the water even if just for pictures.

@Brother.1504 said:

Getting a toy for having a legendary would be fine. But the legendary giving more combat benefits than non-legendary is a staple no.

Archived