[Suggestion] Empowering Might trait

Mikau.6920

@"Indure.5410" said:Would it really change anything? If your going down the honor line you are only in it for support and with the internal cooldown you go from at best 5 stacks of Might to 8. Would that really incentivize people to change builds?

It might if Guard could drop another 10 might stacks on demand....... and it does. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Empower -- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Potent_Haste

Remember that Support builds have 100% boon duration bonus when they actually spec for it, so that 5 seconds of baseline might is actually 10, resulting in 9 stacks easy on the current ICD. Raise the baseline to 8, and thats 15 Stacks. Remove the ICD, and its basically a PS warrior with a higher attack rate and better Duration.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"Indure.5410" said:Would it really change anything? If your going down the honor line you are only in it for support and with the internal cooldown you go from
at best
5 stacks of Might to 8. Would that really incentivize people to change builds?

It might if Guard could drop another 10 might stacks on demand....... and it does.
--

Remember that Support builds have 100% boon duration bonus when they actually spec for it, so that 5 seconds of baseline might is actually 10, resulting in 9 stacks easy on the current ICD. Raise the baseline to 8, and thats 15 Stacks. Remove the ICD, and its basically a PS warrior with a higher attack rate and better Duration.

Which is exactly what Support Firebrand needs. PS warrior isn't really a thing anymore so comparisons to druid would be more prudent. As Firebrand doesn't really bring any unique buffs, I don't see them replacing either warrior or ranger in raiding. Maybe replace druid specifically in some cases but rangers can still play DPS roles and bring their spirits/spotter in that role.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@"Indure.5410" said:Would it really change anything? If your going down the honor line you are only in it for support and with the internal cooldown you go from
at best
5 stacks of Might to 8. Would that really incentivize people to change builds?

It might if Guard could drop another 10 might stacks on demand....... and it does.
--

Which is exactly what Support Firebrand needs. PS warrior isn't really a thing anymore so comparisons to druid would be more prudent. As Firebrand doesn't really bring any unique buffs, I don't see them replacing either warrior or ranger in raiding. Maybe replace druid specifically in some cases but rangers can still play DPS roles and bring their spirits/spotter in that role.

But they Running druid costs them a lot of DPS potential. Burn Firebrand only really needs Radiance to function on single target damage. So it would be come a question of how much power damage is gained/lost from Zeal on that build when dropped for Honor.

@"otto.5684" said:For what purpose though? I do not think it is a bad idea, but even if you can do a 100% uptime on 25 might, you will not be be used over Druid.

It actually would be decent for sPvP, if the ICD is removed.

Druid only holds it spot because of Grace of the land and its 10 target limit.... and the Devs have been looking to dismantle its "mandatory aspect" for awhile. The only reason this hasn't happened, is because nothing else could fill that spot ever since PS warrior was destroyed for that very same reason. The problem is that they never have an proper alternative in place whenever these build killing nerfs happen; but it just so happens that Firebrand is in a position that only requires tweaking ONE trait, and end up with 2 Support DPS slots instead of 1 Dedicated Support, gain all the damage bonuses, extra DPS from a SoulBeast running spirits, and not have to deal with Druid's vexing Regen/Astral Force dynamic.

I don't have the desire to sit down and do all the math to figure out if its optimal or not..... but its definitely viable. Plus I'd argue its less complicated to run, and offers more healing coverage when needed. Of course the Devil is always in the Details. But one thing I do know is that if GotL gets knocked down to 5 Targets, Druid's slot compression is gone.... and its last major "exclusivity" benefit with it.

But if it makes you feel better, after what they did to PS warrior, I doubt they'd recreate that trait on another Class without it forcing to spec into full support. So while it probably won't happen, I still want to draw attention to the fact that Druid's position in the meta hangs on a single thread. And if they ever decide to knock GotL land down a peg to make room for other builds again, it takes away Druids only remaining reason for being the way it is.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"otto.5684" said:For what purpose though? I do not think it is a bad idea, but even if you can do a 100% uptime on 25 might, you will not be be used over Druid.

It actually would be decent for sPvP, if the ICD is removed.

Druid only holds it spot because of Grace of the land and its 10 target limit.... and the Devs have been looking to dismantle its "mandatory aspect" for awhile. The only reason this hasn't happened, is because nothing else could fill that spot ever since PS warrior was destroyed for that very same reason. The problem is that they never have an proper alternative in place whenever these build killing nerfs happen; but it just so happens that Firebrand is in a position that only requires tweaking ONE trait, and end up with 2 Support DPS slots instead of 1 Dedicated Support, gain all the damage bonuses, extra DPS from a SoulBeast running spirits, and not have to deal with Druid's vexing Regen/Astral Force dynamic.

I don't have the desire to sit down and do all the math to figure out if its optimal or not..... but its definitely viable. Plus I'd argue its less complicated to run, and offers more healing coverage when needed. Of course the Devil is always in the Details. But one thing I do know is that if GotL gets knocked down to 5 Targets, Druid's slot compression is gone.... and its last major "exclusivity" benefit with it.

But if it makes you feel better, after what they did to PS warrior, I doubt they'd recreate that trait on another Class without it forcing to spec into full support. So while it probably won't happen, I still want to draw attention to the fact that Druid's position in the meta hangs on a single thread. And if they ever decide to knock GotL land down a peg to make room for other builds again, it takes away Druids only remaining reason for being the way it is.

I agree with you that the concept of must have class for a unique buff should be removed. In addition, I think that boons uptime should be a collective effort of multiple classes. This will significantly improve diversity in every game mode.

Druids >>Spotter (unique) (the only buff that force to change food or stuff),frost spirit (unique),sun spirit (well ... okai),
GoEmpowerment (unique),GoTL ...Healing ...

• some CC, perma fury etc.

So no, 25 mights is not enough to compete with Druid, even to 35 targets if you want to buff your minipet. This class is just too OP to be put aside in raid meta compo.

Chrono + druid are too powerful. You can replace the both by FB or Renegade + 1DPS if you don't really need some aspect, like overheal or the 25mights class, like in fractals or guild hardraiders but FB+Renegade have nothing today to draw near Chrono+Druid.

Edit : If we need to rework Empowering Might we should spread of PS, and get something "new" and complementary, like "Shouts give mights", or ... idk ...

@Zhaid Zhem.6508 said:Druids >>GoEmpowerment (unique),GoTL ...

Only these 2 are exclusive to Druid. The rest is covered by Ranger, the base class. Soulbeast is a competent DPS even when bringing those.And the point to buffing Empowering Might would be to replace GotL. That only leaves GoE. Which Firebrand can make up for with personal DPS which is about twice as much as druids is.

Archived