WvW Training Area... Please?

Whiteout.1975

WvW Training Area

@Anet, Can we get a WvW Training Area as well... Please?The Area would would generally attempt to replicate a WvW environment in a reasonable manner. So, All WvW rules would still apply.

Build Testing

I think it's equally as important to allow players to test out their Builds & Professions for WvW. Also, to find out what they do and don't like to play as well. At least, before they devote their time, gold, laurels (maybe) and overall energy into them. While perhaps risking to have to go back and change something. Come to find out it's something that they instead, don't like.

• So, for example. The ability to build your character with WvW stats (so including infusions). Similar to what the PvP lobby allows, in comparison.
  • Then, depending where you are testing in the area. Your chosen build setup would be locked until you exit that particular area. (You'll see why I typed this. Keep Reading)

Options for Guilds

A lot of Guilds like to test out their fighting as well, as a team. Whether their, for example, a zerging or roaming oriented guild. So, if we could have a generally big area within there... to allow them test out their/our fighting abilities, as well, against each other. That would be beyond great.

• This would be great for the coming alliances as well. Since this will allow guilds to be greater prepared for them and during them. Honestly, it would just be great in general lol.

Simulate Taking Objective's

I don't wanna ask for too much, but I gotta throw the idea out there...

If we could also have a way that simulate objectives such as Tower's and Keeps. With the general goal of taking them. That allows us such options such as trying to take it from friends or the people we invite. With the added options of choosing the Objective's tier, Upgrades, Whether or or not it has NPC's etc. I think would be nice features to have as well.

Ideas? Suggestions?

Please feel free to add Idea's or Suggestions pertaining to the topic, that's all. Thanks.

I would not mind a locally hosted training ground, so I could actually know what pulling off combos with no lag actually supposed to feel like. Right now all my actions/reactions are tailored around my lag play. Anet, could you also please consider proxy'ing connections of those in aus/sea/ocx to a localised server?

@Dawdler.8521Haha funny. I'm with you though... I prefer borderlands as well.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:I would not mind a locally hosted training ground, so I could actually know what pulling off combos with no lag actually supposed to feel like. Right now all my actions/reactions are tailored around my lag play. Anet, could you also please consider proxy'ing connections of those in aus/sea/ocx to a localised server?Good point, about the lag. +1

Just wanted to say this too (Not directed toward anyone)...There is only gonna be more stats, food and you pretty much name it. In the future. Things will be more complex and there will be more to balance around.I think it's only best to let people test the waters... People should get a taste of what their actually grinding for. Rather then keeping it more or less a guessing game (with a varying cost) for what they may like. As well as the ability to practice of course. So, very similar reasoning behind why these area's exist for other modes already.

@"Player.9621" said:the only way to learn is to do itanything less only teaches you less

Ok, so this is how I interpreted that...So basically... both practicing and being comfortable with something (WvW) is a Bad thing? Before devoting a combination of time, energy and money into something, players will most likely be unsure of. I don't really understand the purpose of making this contradiction. Especially, when the other modes have it for similar purposes. Of which, are healthy for the game because they let people experience different ways of playing. Also, feeling more comfortable in doing so.

I mean, the best part is... people can go blindly into WvW to whatever degree, should they choose to. They don't have to go to a training area with a more or less controlled environment should they choose not to. It's totally up to them.

I wouldn't say it necessarily "teaches you less" ether given what I said originally @"Whiteout.1975" said: "So, for example. The ability to build your character with WvW stats (so including infusions). Similar to what the PvP lobby allows, in comparison." As you would be able to learn what kind of builds you are comfortable with running. Same reason it's offered in PvP lobby. Also, what @DemonSeed.3528 said about pulling off Combo's.This overall environment would allow you to learn faster about what you like and don't like. Also, generally both how & what things work at your own pace.

However, if we are gonna talk teaching then; to compare...It's as if a teacher hands someone a test and says do it... Most teacher's don't give the test before the lesson. We would expect that ultimately they're gonna take the actual test, should they still choose to. Though, it was their choice on whether or not to study for it. No one else's... The Freedom of choice can be a wonderful thing.

That said, I'm sure we can at least agree that WvW is indeed the true test. Just like when someone decides to actually Raid after testing or someone that actually PvP's after testing. The expectation would be no different.

there are a lot of things you cannot learn on your own such as the increduble amount of constant mobility required, the cause and combined effects of your squads abilities, the when-where and why of what to do and what not to do

i could go on but i really do believe the forge is where mettle is tested and standing infront of a dummy could enforce bad practice

most commanders and people in therte are pretty good with new people, if you have questions or need help almost anyone will be happy to helpjust ask

@"Player.9621" said:there are a lot of things you cannot learn on your own such as the increduble amount of constant mobility required, the cause and combined effects of your squads abilities, the when-where and why of what to do and what not to do

i could go on but i really do believe the forge is where mettle is tested and standing infront of a dummy could enforce bad practice

most commanders and people in therte are pretty good with new people, if you have questions or need help almost anyone will be happy to helpjust ask

Oh, I don't really need any help personally if that is what you were implying. I've been playing for.... what is it? around 6 years already... wow.It's like I said though... we can agree that WvW is the "true test". Meaning, there will be things to ultimately experience and learn to overcome in there. Some of which you attempted to point out. Though, if we look at the title "WvW Training Area... Please?" (I highlighted the key word in there). When people train it's only to help them prepare and gain some knowledge before they act, real time. Such as the action of investing... well, everything I've already stated before... OR practicing combo's against however many people they can work with. Also, whatever other tactic's they or anyone can think of trying; during that time. Though, if you however don't want to train. You don't need to. It's your choice always. Therefore, does not affect you or anyone in any way personally... That would other wise force you, to participate.

If you have an idea on what build you wanna run... you can have an idea of how it's going to feel in the WvW training area. The area isn't to be limited to a "dummy" or dummies ether. Also, like I stated before... @"Whiteout.1975" said "So, if we could have a generally big area within there... to allow them test out their/our fighting abilities, as well, against each other". Which basically means that you can invite anyone you're able. That wish's to ether spar with you or against you... OR even just practice alongside you. I never in my life ever heard of practicing, for a good cause, to be a bad thing.

If this was true at all. Then, they would have never added npc's in pvp to practice against in PvP... OR a golem to practice against in various ways for raids. More so, people would not be using them for training literally allllll the time. Though instead, would be complaining about the very existence of them. If they felt that strongly/negatively about them.That just doesn't happen and has never happened. Practice in this game has never proven to be a straight-up, bad thing. Especially, when there are multiple ways to practice present.

Well first off we got OS, EoTM which are often empty and good for gvg training. In EoTM you can set a timer and practice taking points to see how long it takes to deploy siege and open gate/wall. WvW uses Pve stats for the most part so we do got the guild hall arena (which is still to small for any guild medium sized or larger) and the Raid training room but is still limited to number who can enter. I have and do use the GH arena for build testing for WvW it really does help.Practice is good but there is more to WvW then just rotations and builds. Gotta listen and communicate when in groups. Even if one does not want to talk on voice comms, it does help a lot just by listening and If commanding one can't use voice or has trouble typing out quick enough assign a LT to assist.

Zerg vs zerg is a big part of wvw and you can’t practice that. A lot of it depends on the commanders. Do they play agressive or defensive? Do they have a strong melee group or lots of casters? Who holds the choke or the high ground? Does the zerg have a strong guild group in its centre?You can only practice this if you go out, join the zerg and fight and be on ts/discord.

In pvp you only have the golems to test the functionality of your build. For wvw you can just go to pve and kill some mobs or you can practice in the guild hall with a friend or several friends. Guilds can also meet on EotM or in OS or use the guild hall arena. Or they could meet on the DBL and just do some scrims.The pve golem is to practice your rotation to get the best possible dps. You don’t have a rotation like that in wvw as you act according to the movement of your and the enemy zerg.

Archived