Tailor Recipe Discovery Problem

You can get the list of item you can craft with any material using /wiki (link item with Shift + Left Click) in-game

It will start your browser which will direct you to the wiki link of the item.For example with Jute Breeches Lining you can craft the following things:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jute_Breeches_Lining

The list can be seen in the Used in section.

@"Solidaris.5423" said:You can get the list of item you can craft with any material using /wiki <linked item with Shift + Left Click>

For example with Jute Breeches Lining you can craft the following things:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Jute_Breeches_Lining

The list can be seen in the Used in section.

I did, I discovered everything on that list, but there's still 1 more left and the rating required is 350, which is a bit wierd to me as usually you only need 50 to use jute.

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@Laudator.1294 said:I put in a Jute Breeches Lining, a Jute Breeches Panel and the game told me there's 1 more possible unknown recipe to be discovered, and it requires a rating of 350. Can anybody tell me what is this recipe? It's bugging me...

If I remember, I'll ask one of my level 500 tailors tonight.

I remembered. She said that she doesn't know what it is either. Doesn't involve any of the possible ingredients she has, not even Globs of Ectoplasm (which are needed for the other levelling equipment).

She also said that it's the same for shoes/boots, not just leggings.

@"Greener.6204" said:Sounds like the ghost (or addition) of some leveling equipment. Currently, the lowest level documented for such items is 18 and they require cotton to make.

Following up on this, the L18 gear is made from the usual L18 components plus an ineffable cotton insignia plus ecto. There's no wool or jute equivalent.But maybe at one time, the devs considered it long enough to put some of the relevant code into the game.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Interesting, @Steve The Cynic.3217. If you ever figure it out, I'd love to see what you learned.

OK, the wiki has a talk page entry from May 2015 by someone who discovered the same oddity with shoulder pieces.

Actually, the same happens for all 6 armor parts, I tested them all. I tried to find a counterpart of ineffable cotton insignia, but failed. From the wiki, all ineffable insignia recipes are learned automatically, unfortunately my tailoring rating is not high enough to see if wool or jute ineffable insignia is learned.

But over all, the Internet doesn't seem to know about these recipes, or I don't know the magic words to ask it. I'm guessing it's something like GW1's Clay Bricks. (They required Bricks of Mud, and there was no known source of Bricks of Mud, so Clay Bricks were impossible to acquire.) Perhaps a member of staff could shed some light on this. @Gaile Gray.6029 ? Any ideas?

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:Interesting, @Steve The Cynic.3217. If you ever figure it out, I'd love to see what you learned.

I learned something else. It's the same for wool as it is for jute. One mystery 350-level recipe that is totally unclear what the extra ingredient(s) is(are).

Maybe Khisanth.2948 is right, it might just be some leftover code that wasn't cleaned up...

Archived