Mini map options - might be a noob question but gonna check

Is there a setting that will keep the mini map set to the size I expand it to? I have the mini map expanded out to the full height and width but when I leave the game and come back its always the original size and not where I left it. So each time I need to reset it, is there a setting to keep the expanded size I set it to? If not could this be added, please? I would be ever so thankful.

@Danikat.8537 said:It should stay the size you set it to. I'm not sure why yours doesn't. Is there anything else you need to change every time?

If you haven't already I recommend submitting a bug report so Anet can investigate

Are the UI settings global aka means cloud stored or local device stored on GW2?I ask because the only thing I can think of is that maybe it gets reset when I log into GW2 from my laptop vs when I log into GW2 from my gaming rig?One is set to Windows and the other is full screen.... so just wondering there.

@Game of Bones.8975 said:If you change screen resolution or attach a second screen it may also change the default settings.

Ah, now that may have something there as, I have three monitors on gaming rig and two external on laptop dock.I do digital arts and do change resolution from time to time as well.Ok, so between all the answers here, I think I have a understanding of what is going on.

Now the question is, since I know the issue is me, do you all think its worth requesting a settings->display->UI->check box for mini-map that ignores UI scaling overall changes from changing resolution\windows settings to lock it in place for those of us who could find our selves in this situation? Otherwise I can just re-drag it out, as not that big of an impact.

@Aerronix.9752 said:

@Game of Bones.8975 said:If you change screen resolution or attach a second screen it may also change the default settings.

Ah, now that may have something there as, I have three monitors on gaming rig and two external on laptop dock.I do digital arts and do change resolution from time to time as well.Ok, so between all the answers here, I think I have a understanding of what is going on.

Now the question is, since I know the issue is me, do you all think its worth requesting a settings->display->UI->check box for mini-map that ignores UI scaling overall changes from changing resolution\windows settings to lock it in place for those of us who could find our selves in this situation? Otherwise I can just re-drag it out, as not that big of an impact.

I have an additional monitor as well for /wiki and maps to reference while I'm gaming. there are times (randomly) when stuff changes after I disconnect/reconnect it. I'm not a tech guru, I don't know if it matters if your monitor is analog or digital. My wife won't let me upgrade until my analog dies and it's going strong after 10+ years, dammit.

@Game of Bones.8975 said:

I have an additional monitor as well for /wiki and maps to reference while I'm gaming. there are times (randomly) when stuff changes after I disconnect/reconnect it. I'm not a tech guru, I don't know if it matters if your monitor is analog or digital. My wife won't let me upgrade until my analog dies and it's going strong after 10+ years, kitten.

Mine are all HDMI 4K on gaming rig and min-to-HDMI on laptop dock, I think for now, I will put together a well thought out request and submit to the general feed back for a settings->display->UI->mini map option or request them to adjust if possible and low impact to them the code so that rescaling does not reset. This way I have completed the thought pattern on this and I will just move on because the game is great. If they can make this adjustment, then awesome! If not and its too impactive for little return, then that is ok too :)

Archived