Light Up the Sky: which fireworks??

@Blocki.4931 said:It's any of the fireworks you get from opening the Lunar New Year boxes. I'd assume progress is halted while the festival isn't live, similar to how the Wintersday achievement for drinking 10000 items is only running while that is active as well.

The Winterday drinking achievement can be done throughout the year. The only parts that can't be progressed are the ones that depend on events, like the JP, which is only available in December/Jan.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:The Winterday drinking achievement can be done throughout the year. The only parts that can't be progressed are the ones that depend on events, like the JP, which is only available in December/Jan.

Exactly.

@Blocki.4931 said:It's any of the fireworks you get from opening the Lunar New Year boxes.

Are they account-bound? I don't remember, but it would explain why there are none on the TP then...

According to Dulfy, Light Up the Sky has to be done during LNY.

Light Up the Sky (Annual)Set off 100 fireworks during the Lunar New Year Festival

I didn't use account bound fireworks and my memory is that whatever is required spiked in price, in February. (In previous years, any type of fireworks counts; this year, the ones that counted drop from the containers, as @Blocki.4931 said — I didn't reply sooner because I don't remember if it was any of them or just a couple.)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:According to Dulfy,
Light Up the Sky
has to be done during LNY.

Ah, so Blocki was right then. Thanks, guys. :) Silly me, I even quoted that from Wiki myself and still overlooked the "during" part. :s

No, you were not silly. I just re-read the wiki and it doesn't have the part about "during LNY".The difference between this achievement & the w-drinking one is that "Festive Imbiber" is part of Community achievements, so isn't tied to the holiday, whereas Light Up the Sky is part of LNY 2018 achievements, so it is tied to a specific time period.

And as it turns out, the 2018 article does include a list of which items count. So you can stock up now and be ready for 2019 in six months.

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:No, you were not silly. I just re-read the wiki and it doesn't have the part about "during LNY".

Indeed it doesn't.

And as it turns out, the 2018 article does include a list of which items count. So you can stock up now and be ready for 2019 in six months.

So those "Lunar New Year fireworks" at the TP are exactly the ones required? Sweet! Thanks. :)

Archived