[Suggestion] "You've purchased this before" tag on BL items/Novelties

Zola.6197

So this is mostly due to my own idiocy, but I think it's worth sharing:

I used my free novelty on the BL shop to buy the riding broom, then shortly after realized I had purchased it before when I switched to an old character I hadn't played in a while.

I suppose I just wonder why there can't be a message on BL items to tell you if it's a purchase you've already made. Similarly to how weapons will have in red text that you can/cannot use it based on your profession/spec.

Just a bit sad I missed out on expanding my novelties wardrobe because of a mistake. I get it's my problem, but I think it'd help a lot of ANet could add a warning on novelty and appearance based items that you have purchased before.

Because the old system ran on the assumption of duplicates being a thing, and let you purchase a set for each character if you wanted. With the wardrobe upgrade, the system can only really check for that AFTER an item is unlocked in the Wardrobe..... so that wouldn't have changed anything anyway. Because if we ran on the assumption you are postulating, if you had bought the item before, and accidentally deleted it, the Store would permanently prevent you from buying a new one, because your history already shows a previous purchase.

No amount of stupid proofing will outright prevent this type of situation, unless it was there from the absolute beginning and only had one possible outcome.

@starlinvf.1358 said:Because the old system ran on the assumption of duplicates being a thing, and let you purchase a set for each character if you wanted. With the wardrobe upgrade, the system can only really check for that AFTER an item is unlocked in the Wardrobe..... so that wouldn't have changed anything anyway. Because if we ran on the assumption you are postulating, if you had bought the item before, and accidentally deleted it, the Store would permanently prevent you from buying a new one, because your history already shows a previous purchase.

No amount of stupid proofing will outright prevent this type of situation, unless it was there from the absolute beginning and only had one possible outcome.

Not to prevent you from buying duplicates, just to warn you you’re about to

Archived