Quick question on legendary armor

The first Set of Envoy armor (which function as precursor) after finishing the second collecting can be considerd a free bee. (the first collection is just a free ascended Set you get and is unrelated and unrequired to the actual legendary process)

Any future Set of precursor armor costs 25 Legendary Insights per piece, thus 150 for an entire set (6 piece).

Crafting a full Set of legendary raid armor costs 150 LI (again 25 LI per piece). Thus the Total cost of a pve legendary raid Set costs:

150 Legendary Insights for the first armor IF the precursor armor is used from the second collection.

300 Legendary Insights for any future Sets from raids (150 for the precursor and another 150 for upgrading to legendary).

@Cyninja.2954 said:The first Set of Envoy armor (which function as precursor) after finishing the second collecting can be considerd a free bee. (the first collection is just a free ascended Set you get and is unrelated and unrequired to the actual legendary process)

Any future Set of precursor armor costs 25 Legendary Insights per piece, thus 150 for an entire set (6 piece).

Crafting a full Set of legendary raid armor costs 150 LI (again 25 LI per piece). Thus the Total cost of a pve legendary raid Set costs:

150 Legendary Insights for the first armor IF the precursor armor is used from the second collection.

300 Legendary Insights for any future Sets from raids (150 for the precursor and another 150 for upgrading to legendary).

Okay, so in my original example (crafting the heavy legendary armor from the collection precursors), it's possible to craft a second set of Heavy legendary armor for another 300 Legendary Insights (among other materials)?

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

@"Cyninja.2954" said:The first Set of Envoy armor (which function as precursor) after finishing the second collecting can be considerd a free bee. (the first collection is just a free ascended Set you get and is unrelated and unrequired to the actual legendary process)

Okay, so in my original example (crafting the heavy legendary armor from the collection precursors), it's possible to craft a second set of Heavy legendary armor for another 300 Legendary Insights (among other materials)?

Yes, there is an achievement for crafting all 3 weight classes (Legendary Armorer under the Exploration tab) which grants the title Envoy's Herald which requires a total of 750 LI and is only available for the pve legendary armor.

You can craft multiple sets of the same weight class. The cost of crafting a precursor item instead of acquiring it via the collection can be found on the wiki (example: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Refined_Envoy_Breastplate) and in general costs some materials and 1 Envoy Insignia (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Envoy_Insignia) which costs the mentioned 25 LI.

The main thing to remember though is, 150 LI for the first legendary armor, 300 LI for any future. At currently 17 LI per week IF you can clear all raid bosses (very unlikely for someone starting with raids) that is a minimum of 18 weeks (17,64) of raiding for 1 full set (over 4 months of weekly raiding) after the first. A more realistic time frame would be to double that time for new raiders.

@Memoko.5670 said:I didn't want to create another post so I'm gonna ask this question here.If I picked a medium armor from envoy I is it possible when I finish envoy II to pick a light armor instead?

Yes. The armour you get from the first collection is just a free set and not required/used for crafting legendary. If you plan to upgrade your precursor armour from the second collection into legendary armour, however, make sure that you choose the weight that you want for the legendary set.

@Dallandra.8563 said:

@Memoko.5670 said:I didn't want to create another post so I'm gonna ask this question here.If I picked a medium armor from envoy I is it possible when I finish envoy II to pick a light armor instead?

Yes. The armour you get from the first collection is just a free set and not required/used for crafting legendary. If you plan to upgrade your precursor armour from the
second
collection into legendary armour, however, make sure that you choose the weight that you want for the legendary set.

This.

It actually is even BENEFICIAL to go with a different armor type on COLLECTION I.

Reason being as follows:The precursor armor you get from collection 2 is very likely the first legendary armor you are going to craft. You now have all stats for this weight type covered (for people who do not own multiple sets) and you unlock all skins associated with this legendary armor (all version of the skin: Version 1, 2 and the legendary).

Is it the end of the world if you got all the same armor? No and I'm sure many people do. It is better to get a different weight class for collection 1 though and get an additional character his ascended armor.

Just make sure, THE ARMOR YOU PICK FROM COLLECTION 2 IS YOUR INITIAL FREE PRECURSOR.

Archived