Matchmaking Strikes Again!

Zietlogik.6208

@"Zietlogik.6208" said:https://i.imgur.com/oVUw7Tc.png

Special Note: 2 of the players from the double duo queue team were also Rank 1 players from previous seasons (God of PvP Title)

They're known duo q players. Have to inflate the ego and elo. This is why it's a really bad idea to even allow duo q in high ranked. There is a reason it was taken away. Keep it that way

@Jalal.6783 said:

@"Zietlogik.6208" said:

Special Note: 2 of the players from the double duo queue team were also Rank 1 players from previous seasons (God of PvP Title)

They're known duo q players. Have to inflate the ego and elo. This is way it's a really bad idea to even allow duo q in high ranked. There is a reason it was taken away. Keep it that way

so if those 2 players didnt team up, you would be in that spot?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Zietlogik.6208" said:

They're known duo q players. Have to inflate the ego and elo. This is way it's a really bad idea to even allow duo q in high ranked. There is a reason it was taken away. Keep it that way

It is hard to say how the match would have ended otherwise, but two high plat players on VOIP do definitely make a large impact on match results. Especially if they play builds that complement each other

Find your own friends to play with.

Just for the record, a LOT of high tier players came back to play this season because of duo que. There's now more competition in plat than there's been in MONTHS.

Games are way, way more entertaining and engaging. Matches also feel a lot better as having a good duo can help ease the frustration of having RNG bad teammates.

Also, we don't always get in voice coms and there's also no way to tell if we ARE in VOIP or not. So, anyone claiming we are is basing that off an assumption.

@milego.4830If there were 3 high tier players playing, 2 of them would end up on the same team against the other 1. This would consistently happen to me in high plat but my win ratio at the end of the season was still very high. Those matches are NOT unwinnable.

@Malediktus.9250 said:

@"Zietlogik.6208" said:

It is hard to say how the match would have ended otherwise, but two high plat players on VOIP do definitely make a large impact on match results. Especially if they play builds that complement each other

But if they didn't duo queue or use VOIP, you would be higher ranked than them correct?

I don't deny what you said because what you said is basically how PvP should be, players playing builds that compliment each other to achieve better results, team work in short.

But all these complaints have me wondering... some EG:People complain that duo beat them consistently and you check thier rank and they are 1200ish... Not even close to the 1600 mark that it effected.People complain about the leaderboards and duo but those same people would normally below the duo's anyway even if they solo.

@Malediktus.9250 said:considering the low playerbase in matchmaking, being duoQ or high ranking probably does not affect you very much negatively I suppose

As a gold player I have silver and platin people in my matches all the time, even at relatively short queue times

As someone who was around 1600 rating last season, having anyone in silver or low gold rating causes huge match making mismatches (typically one sided games). Honestly, I think that the match making should not put any two people in the same game with more than 100-150 rating difference. Sadly, I do not think we have the population for it.

I really do not understand why Anet is allowing duo que for players above platinum 1. It only further screws a match making system that is already fucked.

@shadowpass.4236 said:Find your own friends to play with.

Just for the record, a LOT of high tier players came back to play this season because of duo que. There's now more competition in plat than there's been in MONTHS.

Games are way, way more entertaining and engaging. Matches also feel a lot better as having a good duo can help ease the frustration of having RNG bad teammates.

Also, we don't always get in voice coms and there's also no way to tell if we ARE in VOIP or not. So, anyone claiming they are is basing that off an assumption.

@milego.4830If there were 3 high tier players playing, 2 of them would end up on the same team against the other 1. This would consistently happen to me in high plat but my win ratio at the end of the season was still very high. Those matches are NOT unwinnable.

Just curious, where are you getting your info from? Are you basing this on friends list or is this something you just perceive? Let alone the season has only been around for a week. Duos would've been fine if matchmaking tosses duos of equivalent or near equivalent rating on each team. what people don't like is that you'll get a straight up team of solos against duo teams, or a team consisting of 2 duos. At least with solo queue, everyone had the same chance of getting bad RNG teammates, you worked with what you have and put in the effort to try and carry and make the right calls and plays to adapt. As for coms It's going to be the baseline to assume you're in coms, especially in a ranked environment as a duo.

@Lucentfir.7430 said:

@shadowpass.4236 said:Find your own friends to play with.

Also, we don't always get in voice coms and there's also no way to tell if we ARE in VOIP or not. So, anyone claiming they are is basing that off an assumption.

Just curious, where are you getting your info from? Are you basing this on friends list or is this something you just perceive? Let alone the season has only been around for a week. Duos would've been fine if matchmaking tosses duos of equivalent or near equivalent rating on each team. what people don't like is that you'll get a straight up team of solos against duo teams, or a team consisting of 2 duos. At least with solo queue, everyone had the same chance of getting bad RNG teammates, you worked with what you have and put in the effort to try and carry and make the right calls and plays to adapt. As for coms It's going to be the baseline to assume you're in coms, especially in a ranked environment as a duo.

I mean you can just open the leaderboard and take a look for yourself. A lot of high tier players that haven't played in a while came back to the game to play duos.

I hope you people realize that the same players will be at the top of the leaderboards regardless of whether or not duo que exists. You guys are acting like people in gold are getting carried by duos to the top 10. This doesn't happen. Matches in the higher end are more entertaining and engaging thanks to duo que.

I am primarily a solo player, even when team quing existed, I played alone most of the time. Games against duos aren't unwinnable. If the problem was really as big as you guys are saying, my win rate would NOT be 60-70%+ as a solo player across all seasons. Also, I went 8-2 (should've been 10-0) on my placements solo so yeah, if people are blaming bad placements on duos, they're mistaken. Don't blame duos for lack of skill.

And no, you can't assume we're on comms. There's no reason to assume anything one way or the other. If some people are complaining that VOIP is unfair because they're too lazy to get in comms themselves, what makes you think high tier players are any different?

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Zietlogik.6208" said:

I think you're the only one through all these posts that actually could have answered yes after seeing you in the 8th spot but then again there's nothing stopping you from duo'ing and gaining that edge too...

I'm just some scrub that accepts losing to players better than myself though wether they duo or not.... Only time I got annoyed with duo was way back at the start of seasons when I got knocked into Silver by Vallun / Naru duo... But I was more frustrated at the match making if anything... Almost killed Naru a few times, but everytime I got him low or about to win that damn Vallun would show up lmao

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@"Zietlogik.6208" said:

I think you're the only one through all these posts that actually could have answered yes after seeing you in the 8th spot but then again there's nothing stopping you from duo'ing and gaining that edge too...

I'm just some scrub that accepts losing to players better than myself though wether they duo or not.... Only time I got annoyed with duo was way back at the start of seasons when I got knocked into Silver by Vallun / Naru duo... But I was more frustrated at the match making if anything... Almost killed Naru a few times, but everytime I got him low or about to win that kitten Vallun would show up lmao

yes yes yes and yes. I have been in this situations so many more times than I have ever been outplayed by them. That's what's so frustrating because you're being punished for playing correctly JUST because they are duo. We know 100% that would never happen unless they are and no one wants to deal with playing correctly but because of some outside factor they have no control over, they are punished for the correct action.

Archived