5 skills that need fixing for weaver!

Razor.6392

1. Scepter's Earth + Fire (Fracturing Strike). It should be like Comet. Currently it won't land if your opponent is even slightly out of LoS ("Obstructed").

2. Scepter's Air + Water (Glacial Drift) Projectile is far too slow. It feels like people can almost outrun it which leads to it never hitting unless almost in melee range. Additionally, the animation can fire even if you are looking backwards, however the projectile won't come out. I assume that's a bug.

3. Staff's Air + Earth (Pile Driver). Skill is a self root. No reason why it should be like this when Lightning Surge is identical except it allows you to move.

4. Tailored Victory. The fully attuned follow up to Weave Self cannot be casted while moving, making it unnecessarily clunky to use.

5. Dagger's Water + Earth (Mud Slide). Feels too slow, both in cast and aftercast.

Let me know what you think!

@Razor.6392 said:

1. Staff's Air + Earth (Pile Driver). Skill is a self root. No reason why it should be like this when Lightning Surge is identical except it allows you to move.

Disagree.I think more of the staff skills need to root the caster in place, specially the new ones that have lingering effects (just like meteor shower or icebow #5).I'm ok with staff weaver doing nearly 50k dps on a golem, but it should be something extremely hard to pull off in a real scenario where the boss moves, and you have to move/dodge. That is the high risk/reward of playing a power staff build.

Also, comparing lightning surge with pile driver is a joke... one is a decent hit with some vulnerability, the other a massive hit that pierces and stuns.

@lLobo.7960 said:

@Razor.6392 said:
  1. Staff's Air + Earth (Pile Driver). Skill is a self root. No reason why it should be like this when Lightning Surge is identical except it allows you to move.

Disagree.I think more of the staff skills need to root the caster in place, specially the new ones that have lingering effects (just like meteor shower or icebow #5).I'm ok with staff weaver doing nearly 50k dps on a golem, but it should be something extremely hard to pull off in a real scenario where the boss moves, and you have to move/dodge. That is the high risk/reward of playing a power staff build.

Also, comparing lightning surge with pile driver is a joke... one is a decent hit with some vulnerability, the other a massive hit that pierces and stuns.

Dazes, not stuns.

I would compare a daze with a blind (LS blinds, doesn't inflict vuln). Lightning surge is aoe on point of impact while this one pierces, I'd say they're pretty much the same.

Sword: water+air sucks. Instead of launching this spinning projecicle outwards, it should just spin in place. Gives it more of a unique feel.

Sword: water+earth....make it a projectile finisher, or add a small healing component.

Total side note: why the heck are weaver runes 6 ability based off leap finishers when we primarily have access to blast finishers...?

@lLobo.7960 said:

@Razor.6392 said:

Staff already does that. Try running it on Matthias, it would still suck despite the huge dps numbers on the golem.

And yeah, Pile Driver has a lot more cc, it's fine as it is.

Staff over all duel skills need to move faster and become unblockable. Right now they are very slow moving projectiles with odd hit boxes. So you can dodge them super easily block them or destroy / reflect them. In effect duel skills feel more like they are getting in the way of staff weaver then being useful. All the duel dagger skills seem good. Sword dose not fit the weaver class one bit nor dose the duel skills. Scpter seems to be weaver true main hand wepon and a lot of its duel skills seem well flushed out.

To realy fix the weaver class you need to hard look at all the duel skills and make some relay dmg aimed effects out side of blunt dmg +. Weaver's duel skills need to have some more unblockable means of removing boons and means of making healing weaker for weaver to ever be a true dmg class (all effects that will not changes balancing in pve but would go a long way to making it a viable class in spvp and wvw).

To fix weaver you need the ability to control your what hand your swapping. Main hand or offhand it would go a long way to making weaver more unpredictable. Putting it on an F5 with a near 0 cd.

@Selendile.9106 said:Sword: water+air sucks. Instead of launching this spinning projecicle outwards, it should just spin in place. Gives it more of a unique feel.

Sword: water+earth....make it a projectile finisher, or add a small healing component.

Total side note: why the heck are weaver runes 6 ability based off leap finishers when we primarily have access to blast finishers...?

Sword water+air is great IMHO, one of the few ranged options if you run sword/dagger.

Water+Earth being a projectile finisher (or multiple 20% finishers) would be great, yeah.

Sword has 2 leap finishers (fire 2 with 8 seconds cd, air 2 with 15s cd).

@Razor.6392 said:

I actually like the root on Pile Driver. Thematically, it fits, though the animation could be better. I do have some problems with the skill, though.

1: Damage. It's a freaking railgun! Why does it deal less damage than skills like Fire Grab or Churning Earth?

2: Skill Placement. While I fully understand it being an Air/Earth skill, the staff skills for those attunements don't help it, in my opinion.

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:2: Skill Placement. While I fully understand it being an Air/Earth skill, the staff skills for those attunements don't help it, in my opinion.

Both attunements have CC skills (knockback, stun field, wall, immob) to help set up for the shot. Its actually quite nice as you can have a CC setup for it be in air/earth or earth/air.

@lLobo.7960 said:

@Diak Atoli.2085 said:2: Skill Placement. While I fully understand it being an Air/Earth skill, the staff skills for those attunements don't help it, in my opinion.

Both attunements have CC skills (knockback, stun field, wall, immob) to help set up for the shot. Its actually quite nice as you can have a CC setup for it be in air/earth or earth/air.

For perspective: I'm running a Lightning Rod PvE build, and my concern is with the #4 & #5 skills.

Static Field and Unsteady Ground require the target to move through them, though. If they had an initial disable, or Gale was moved to #2 or #4, I could see it.

Shockwave is a ground projectile, and seems to have pathing issues. I'm certain there's use for it, but combined with it's low damage and narrow AoE, I see no reason to use it.

@lLobo.7960 said:

@Razor.6392 said:

Disagree.I think more of the staff skills need to root the caster in place, specially the new ones that have lingering effects (just like meteor shower or icebow #5).I'm ok with staff weaver
doing nearly 50k dps on a golem
, but it should be something extremely hard to pull off in a real scenario where the boss moves, and you have to move/dodge. That is the high risk/reward of playing a power staff build.

And... it happens again! Someone quotes a fully buffed Staff Ele DPS on an inanimated large hit box as a reason to keep Ele nerfed.P.S: they conveniently forgot the 59k Guardian DPS on a small hitbox in the same setting.

Archived