Season 13 has by far the worst matchmaking.

Josif.2015

I know I'm going to get a lot of hate for saying this, but season 13 so far has been the worst PvP season by far when it comes to matchmaking. We've all had bad teammates or bad teams in general, but I've never had teams so bad until season 13. For the past 3 days, I've been getting nothing but losses with teams that throw, feed, wintrade or whatever. It's gotten to the point where I'm about to quit playing ranked due to how infuriating it is to get paired up with these types of players.

Matches: https://imgur.com/a/6DAozX8Rating: https://imgur.com/a/MFAs77I

Before anyone else says "You're bad" or "Get good", understand that I've been playing PvP for 5 years, ever since I started playing GW2. I know how to play PvP and the majority of the professions. I reached near platinum 2 after my placement matches, but then go on a losing streak for nearly 2-3 days, no matter what profession I play and drop to low gold 3, there's a problem. I always seem to get bad teams or players who think it's a good idea to go AFK after being killed in the first minute of the match despite holding two points and having more points than the enemy team.

@Ithilwen.1529 said:I've been sampling unranked, waiting for things to settle. So far, it's just been a massive losing streak. Matches have been more uneven than usual. There's no point in going ranked at the moment.

At this point, I either have to quit playing ranked or DuoQ with someone who's good instead of solo queuing with randoms. Seems like that's how most people win games nowadays.

@Hoodie.1045 said:

@Ithilwen.1529 said:I've been sampling unranked, waiting for things to settle. So far, it's just been a massive losing streak. Matches have been more uneven than usual. There's no point in going ranked at the moment.

At this point, I either have to quit playing ranked or DuoQ with someone who's good instead of solo queuing with randoms. Seems like that's how most people win games nowadays.

I only solo queue and I finished last season plat 1, placements put me at low gold 2, and now I'm up to mid plat 1. Out of your 6 games you had 4 games that were quite winnable (based on score). Strictly talking to you but you'd have to objectively look at how you played. Was there a play that you made that could've turned the game into a victory? Unfortunately this is conquest and we're kind of at the mercy of others but you can carry a team by making smart plays. For instance, if you're a mesmer are you decapping far and then supporting mid or back home? If you're a rev, are you +1ing matchups or trying to duel someone? For me when I lose a game I don't necessarily look at others and blame them for losing but rather what could I have done differently to win the game. Sure not all times you will but optimizing your gameplay is a must if you're solo queuing.

@phokus.8934 said:

Out of your 6 games you had 4 games that were quite winnable (based on score). Strictly talking to you but you'd have to objectively look at how you played. Was there a play that you made that could've turned the game into a victory? For me when I lose a game I don't necessarily look at others and blame them for losing but rather what could I have done differently to win the game. Sure not all times you will but optimizing your gameplay is a must if you're solo queuing.

I'm glad you brought this up. So here's how those matches went:

The first match as thief in EC, it started bad with everyone not focusing on the necro who was scourge instead of reaper. I was decapping the far point, outnumbered fights and only did 1v1 against their thief who wasn't that good in the first place, complete cake walk. The enemy team was farming my team the whole time until I told my team to hold side points. I fully capped the far point and then the enemy team was there the entire time. Before that, the score was around 430-170. By the time the score reached 500, out team score was 359 because we had double cap while they camped their close point.

The second match as thief in EC, the team clearly threw the match. Our revenant was stupid enough to jump into a necro who was playing reaper along with a firebrand and a tempest if you can believe that. After he died from that stupid mistake, he kept complaining in chat while being AFK. Every second the chat was filled with his messages complaining with the rest of the team doing the same thing mere seconds later.

The last one with guardian, we were doing great. I got 4 stats, healing, rallying, damage and defense. We were doing great except for our mesmer who was farming Svanir/Chieftain. We told him countless times to stay with us near the points because we needed help especially at mid, he never listened, the enemy thief stole the kill and because of that we lost.

I never jump into blaming people for losing. I'll admit it, I can make a mistake or two, but in the end it doesn't lead into my entire team losing the match. When people purposely go AFK, complaining all the time and throw matches that's when I get infuritated, especially when it happens multiple times.

Nobody is noticing the top 10 scores? When season started top 10 and even top 20 was all 1800+ for days. Look at it now, 16xx in top 10. Last season there was not even one 1800+ in NA. If even top players cannot keep score levels but drop constantly .... are we still talking about "it's just pure RNG" ? Something is fundamentally very wrong matchmaker. This season I get matches where RNG God puts 3 reapers in one team and 3 mesmers in other team instead of mixing them. It happened multiple times with different classes also so it wasn't that random.

Side Q: how can someone be soooo lucky to do 25 wins and only 5 losses with this RNG? :]

@Elvarazsollak.5193 said:Side Q: how can someone be soooo lucky to do 25 wins and only 5 losses with this RNG? :]

Only if you duoq similar to how Helseth and Sindrener did before duoq got removed, which seems to be what ArenaNet is forcing you to do now. It's either play with a friend who's good at the game or pray to RNJesus that your team isn't bad and you're fighting against solo queue players only.

Archived