Where Are Our Account Statistics?

Kelly.7019

Yes, but it's not everything. It would be nice to have a simple stats meter on our profile that goes back to our account beginning and shows the progress of some main things like wallet gold for instance? gw2efficiency doesn't have that. And how would one make their own API code/App for such a thing? I'm pretty sure World of Warcraft had features like this in their account profile to some extent.

With all these 3rd parties you don't know what their doing with your info. I'd feel safer if it was an official thing like on your account profile.

1) I'm not sure you can ttack your wallet gold. At the start, money was segregated between characters, and transferring between meant depositing the gold in the bank.

2) The money is meant to go up and down, especially when there are gold sinks like the griffon collection. Showing a steady rise shouldn't mean more than that you haven't bought anything lately.

Yea , no i'm assume api keys are suppose to be safe (not that they can do anything with your account) but not sure if they can use your data in other ways.(you know like evil facebook) :D haha

Yes, that's exactly what i want to see "the money fluctuations" from the creation of your account on your official account profile.

@Kelly.7019 said:

@Chay.7852 said:Blizzard also has crap like inspect player which, thanks god we don't have. Use gw2effinciency if you need it.

Did you not read the comment above? I mean you must have because of the WoW thing, but gw2effinciency doesn't have what i want. (plus the privacy concern)

gw2efficiency is old enough meanwhile (can't remember exactly but must be something over 3 years) and i have never heard anyone having problems because of it/them. It is the closest to what you wrote in your first post and more (i like the material list if you wanna craft something for example - even for guild hall decorations ^^).

It's unlikely Anet could provide this now. I doubt they've kept records of how much gold each person had over time, even going back to when the wallet was introduced. Maybe they could start tracking it from now on, but I'm not sure it would be worth the effort because like @Rognik.2579 said it's not a meaningful statistic. If the gold in your wallet is going up steadily all it shows is you're not buying anything.

Something like GW2Efficiency's account value stat would be more relevant because that factors in the cost of items you've bought (or otherwise earned) so you don't lose 'points' for spending your gold, which IMO would be important because that's exactly what gold is for. (Your account value can still go down as well as up, because the value of items is based on the TP prices - I don't track mine but I imagine I'd have lost about 1/2 when the mini karka was made available again and dropped from over 3,000g to about 20g.)

@Kelly.7019 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:ArenaNet leaves such things to players, which is why they released the API. There's no information in there related to account security.You can learn more about the topic in the API sub-forum here.

Good luck.

your link didn't work :(

What link? The API sub-forum is listed on the main page of the forum (scroll down).

Well, i like statistics and with GW2Efficiency's it only tracks back a year into your history. I recently noticed this because the start date on the chart is changing (a year since i joined /cries & i didn't now about this site for years which also makes me MADS >:( ). I'd much prefer to overlay my wallet gold from my start with the amount of time i spent playing and holidays/ things i was doing compared to present day. This info is now lost to time and each day more and more info disappears :( If i knew how to set something up like this myself i would, but i can't find much info on the API stuff. I found simple "/age" codes to enter when in game but nothing on setting up your own API app.

@"Kelly.7019" said:Well, i like statistics and with GW2Efficiency's it only tracks back a year into your history. I recently noticed this because the start date on the chart is changing (a year since i joined /cries & i didn't now about this site for years which also makes me MADS >:( ). I'd much prefer to overlay my wallet gold from my start with the amount of time i spent playing and holidays/ things i was doing compared to present day. This info is now lost to time and each day more and more info disappears :( If i knew how to set something up like this myself i would, but i can't find much info on the API stuff. I found simple "/age" codes to enter when in game but nothing on setting up your own API app.

You can go to this: https://gw2efficiency.com/user link and see the gw2efficiency different account types that offer statistics further back from 1 year. If it's that important to you. The information isn't lost, all of it is stored by the server, but gw2efficiency chooses to display different stats.

The API forum is here:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/api-development

@Kelly.7019 said:

@Chay.7852 said:Blizzard also has crap like inspect player which, thanks god we don't have. Use gw2effinciency if you need it.

Did you not read the comment above? I mean you must have because of the WoW thing, but gw2effinciency doesn't have what i want. (plus the privacy concern)

You're on the internet, do not expect privacy...it doesn't exist no matter what anyone wants to believe. If you want privacy you wouldn't be on the internet.

Archived