Dev Celebration -- Relocated

Gaile Gray.6029

• ArenaNet Staff

In order to make it easier to see and find our Dev Celebrations, I've moved them from being a subcategory (or "child forum") of the Guild Wars 2 Discussion forum and instead have set them up to be a completely new category called -- I know this is amazingly creative of me ;) -- Release Day Dev Celebrations.

This puts them on a par with other categories, such as PvP, or the ArenaNet Forum Chats, or Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:Could the discussions not be closed down after a day? If y’all are going to do that then that badly inhibits people joining in and discussing things. If the devs don’t want to talk after 24 hours then a note can be posted saying that and leave the threads open for interested forum posters to talk to each other.

The 24 hours we actually play the episode xd

I know I was surprised by the shut down. I was typing a paragraph of praise for the Deadeye instance and wasn't allowed to post it because the shut down happened during my typing. I was able to PM the paragraph to the dev who designed it but it did seem an abrupt and early shutdown , I don't think it was even 5 pm Pacific.

• ArenaNet Staff

Just FYI: Dev Celebrations have always had active dev participation for about 2 hours. While you may have seen a post added to the thread here and there after the 2-hour period, the chances of a dev responding were very small. (I just ran through one, and yep, the after-event responses were few.)

We figured the opening and closing times would be seen as the norm, since the devs would be around for a couple of hours, as always. But I do take on board that some of you weren't expecting the closure, and that you'd prefer to have us leave the subforum open for a while.

When we look at the two events -- Dev Celebrations and ArenaNet Forum Chats -- please keep in mind that we run the AFCs over several days, and we start each of them well after the episode is released. This allows players time to play through the episode before joining the AFC to post questions, feedback, comments, etc. The several-day period of each AFC also gives participants a chance to continue conversations, post follow-ups, write up responses, etc. Conversely, we really did intend the DCs to run for just a few hours.

I am writing up a report on the first hosted DC. Let me reach out and get some internal feedback about leaving the Dev celebration open after the devs have left the building. :) Thanks for the feedback.

Archived