Is weaknesses effect on Burst Precision intentional? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Is weaknesses effect on Burst Precision intentional?

I thought Burst Precision made burst skills always be critical but weakness will make the burst skills not land as a critical.

Comments

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

Weakness removes critical hits, so it is definitely intended.

"The Man that never sleeps. Well, except for the times I should be awake."
    Proud member of [FIRE] on RoF "... since day 1!"
    Infraction Farmer Extraordinaire & Leader of the Big Beautiful Choya

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

weakness is also stronger than sigil of intelligence...which is kinda sad. shouldnt the mind be stronger than the body? :astonished:

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 27, 2018

Weakness is kind of weak as it's RNG. I will always dodge an eviscerate even when its caster is under the effect of weakness as there is a 50% chance the attack is not glancing and if it doesn't glance it does crit for 100% when under the effect of sigil of intelligence.

As a reaper player I can tell every warrior player that relying on weakness will kill you. On top of that warriors have access to resistance. Toughness gear is 10 times more reliable.

• @KrHome.1920 said:
    Weakness is kind of weak as it's RNG. I will always dodge an eviscerate even when its caster is under the effect of weakness as there is a 50% chance the attack is not glancing and if it doesn't glance it does crit for 100% when under the effect of sigil of intelligence.

As a reaper player I can tell every warrior player that relying on weakness will kill you. On top of that warriors have access to resistance. Toughness gear is 10 times more reliable.

This is the first time in over 6 years of playing this Game that i have seen someone says Weakness is to weak.

• KrHome.1920KrHome.1920 Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 28, 2018

I did not say it is too weak.

I did say it is unreliable as it is RNG (= some kind of weak).

"Unreliable" and "some kind of weak" have a different meaning than "too weak".

• RedShark.9548RedShark.9548 Member ✭✭✭✭

@KrHome.1920 said:
    I did not say it is too weak.

I did say it is unreliable as it is RNG (= some kind of weak).

"Unreliable" and "some kind of weak" have a different meaning than "too weak".

having weakness over longer periods of time will be negating LOTS of dmg nit just that of eviscerate all other sources that you cant dodge will be lowered aswell, especially if he knocks you down where you cant dodge this can be lifesaving
    not to mention that being in shroud will half all incoming dmg already

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.