Chill of Death

Slapinator.4196

Spinal Shivers is a fairly strong skill, it deals good damage if you remove 3 boons and applies a lot of chill that's why it is well telegraphed and has a 1 second cast time when using focus. When you take the trait though "Chill of Death" combined with the recent Reaper buffs it's almost an instakill skill and it has no telegraph, you just know that if your health goes down by 50% it's pretty much game over. Maybe it should be nerfed slightly so that it only removes 1 boon instead of up to 3 in pvp only.Also I know that I ask for core Necromancer nerfs but since noone uses purely core builds it wouldn't be game breaking.

I've called out for some kind of Reaper nerf at the start of season, but got bashed out really bad.At least on Gold tier, we're now at the point we were with Mirage's on last season (you have 4 necros every match), i wont say they are all Reapers, but most of them are.

I've just put my Reaper to use too, since it's now almost impossible to play Weaver (what i was maining till season starts). You have to melee and the melee hate is at "Scourge's lauch level" atm.

@"Slapinator.4196" said:Spinal Shivers is a fairly strong skill, it deals good damage if you remove 3 boons and applies a lot of chill that's why it is well telegraphed and has a 1 second cast time when using focus. When you take the trait though "Chill of Death" combined with the recent Reaper buffs it's almost an instakill skill and it has no telegraph, you just know that if your health goes down by 50% it's pretty much game over. Maybe it should be nerfed slightly so that it only removes 1 boon instead of up to 3 in pvp only.Also I know that I ask for core Necromancer nerfs but since noone uses purely core builds it wouldn't be game breaking.

the problematic with passives in gw2 are often discussed. every passive trait should at least get changed, all Auto passive autoinvuls, all passive Auto stunbreaks, all passive offensive procs.

but calling for a nerf against one specific seems a litlle bit odd. where is the balancing here if bnecro passive get nerfed while nearly every other classes Auto passive procs remain?

nerf all or Nothing, just my opinion.

@Zero.3871 said:

@"Slapinator.4196" said:Spinal Shivers is a fairly strong skill, it deals good damage if you remove 3 boons and applies a lot of chill that's why it is well telegraphed and has a 1 second cast time when using focus. When you take the trait though "Chill of Death" combined with the recent Reaper buffs it's almost an instakill skill and it has no telegraph, you just know that if your health goes down by 50% it's pretty much game over. Maybe it should be nerfed slightly so that it only removes 1 boon instead of up to 3 in pvp only.Also I know that I ask for core Necromancer nerfs but since noone uses purely core builds it wouldn't be game breaking.

the problematic with passives in gw2 are often discussed. every passive trait should at least get changed, all Auto passive autoinvuls, all passive Auto stunbreaks, all passive offensive procs.

but calling for a nerf against one specific seems a litlle bit odd. where is the balancing here if bnecro passive get nerfed while nearly every other classes Auto passive procs remain?

Better solution to passives is this

@Highlie.7641 said:

@"Slapinator.4196" said:

) .....

Cause a rupture that deals massive damage when this skill ends. This ability cannot critically hit.
 Damage.png Damage: 872 (3.28)? Miscellaneous effect.png Unblockable

— In-game description [?]

....Chill your target and remove up to three boons, dealing extra damage based on the number of boons removed.
 Damage.png Damage—Three Boons: 578 (1.75)? Damage.png Damage—Two Boons: 413 (1.25)? Damage.png Damage—One Boon: 248 (0.75)? Damage.png Damage—No Boons: 165 (0.50)? Chilled.png Chilled (5s): -66% Skill Recharge Rate, -66% Movement Speed Miscellaneous effect.png Boons Removed: 3 Range.png Range: 1,200

— In-game description [?]

Don't get me wrong, at this point i don't care one way or another, but where is the balance? One is obviously easier to hit, while being able to crit, with added effects. While the other not so much. It's also the same for spiteful spirts. ( i have visions of the clueless dev's reading this and thinking Oh let's buff PI then!, when they should just remove the ability to crit on all passive procing damage, then the necro should be able to keep the "flavor sections"

dont understand what you want to say, but pulmonaric Impact does MORE DMG AND UNBLOCKABLE(?). seems to have an added effect to me and does everytime more dmg than the max dmg of spinal shivers. even if necro crit, you Need 3 boons on enemy to make more dmg than pulmonaric Impact. while pulmonaric Impact can be proced every few seconds while Lesser spinal shivers have 20 sec cd.

Archived