Original Guild Wars log-in

so I've decided to get back into the original Guild Wars again after a few years of not playing either of the two games. Problem is it keeps saying that my account info isn't recognized even though I have linked accounts so the log-in is the same and I made sure the character names were right using the HoM page to double check them. I've submitted a ticket to support but nothing yet, in the meantime I was just wondering if there's anything ells I can do to successfully log-in to my Original Guild Wars Account. Any thoughts boys and girls?

@Ferreiro.7605 said:so I've decided to get back into the original Guild Wars again after a few years of not playing either of the two games. Problem is it keeps saying that my account info isn't recognized even though I have linked accounts so the log-in is the same and I made sure the character names were right using the HoM page to double check them. I've submitted a ticket to support but nothing yet, in the meantime I was just wondering if there's anything ells I can do to successfully log-in to my Original Guild Wars Account. Any thoughts boys and girls?

Are you using the same email address and password as for GW2? After linking they become the same, with the GW2 one taking priority over whatever you might have had before.

Using the HoM page to check toon names is a good idea. Have you tried more than one?

Assuming you've done all that (and sounds as if you might have), is there any chance that you have your GW1 set to remember part/all of the previous information and/or autologon? If so, create a new shorcut to start gw1 and make sure that you get a chance to enter all the information manually (perhaps again).

If none of that works, you're at the mercy of support.

Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress.

thanks for the reply. yes I have tried all my toon names and yes I am using my gw2 log in info but it still gives me error 227. I have tried making a new shortcut and entering the info in manually yet though, ill update soo on how that goes.

update: so I tried the whole new shortcut thing and I still get error 227. so I guess im at the mercy of support, however long it takes them to get back to me and the ticked I submitted. but thanks again for the reply and for the idea.

I went to check my account, just in case this was a more general problem. No issues logging on.

Two other things that you might consider trying:

• Use copy/paste to make sure you are using the exact spelling for GW1 that you've used for GW2.
  • Consider resetting the password, to see if using a new one helps.

I'm sorry you can't get into the game without waiting for support. I don't really think there's any secret work-around for something like this.

For other people reading, here's the description of error 227We don't recognize your account login information. Please try again.

• Is your account name spelled correctly?
  • Have you typed and capitalized your password correctly?
  • Have you forgotten your password? Reset my password
  • Did you forget your account name? Get help from Customer Support
  • Have you correctly typed the name of a character on your account?"

The GW1Wiki notes are:

Indicates you have entered an incorrect security question (name of a character). If you keep trying and it doesn't work, the game server could be down.

Since @Ferreiro.7605 has verified the account name, the password, and the character names, something else is going on. :(I don't think it's something other players can help with.

@"Ferreiro.7605" said:one last question... since the servers made a migration to amazon servers I don't need to do anything on my end right? it'll just migrate my account on its own yes?

You don't have to do anything.

During the initial transition, some people might have had connection issues (basically, it takes time for all the intermediate "hops" to realize that arena.net moved from 1234 Main Street to 4321 Not-main Street, and sometimes the carriers send it the wrong direction). But if that happened, you would have connected at all. Getting a message claiming your credentials are inaccurate means ANet agrees with you that there is an account, but somehow doesn't agree that GW1 and GW2 have the same logon details.

That suggests one other possibility... are you sure that your accounts are linked? Check here to make sure GW is there, too.https://account.arena.net/overview

(Obviously, it was true that they were linked and they should still be linked, but... this is a really easy thing to double check just in case.)

@Ferreiro.7605 said:Yeah my accounts are for sure linked I remember getting HoM rewards in GW2

Right, I know they were linked properly before. I'm suggesting to use the link to make sure they still are. (It's unlikely to be different, but it's easy to check and a good clue if they turn out no longer to be linked for whatever reason.)

@Ferreiro.7605 said:so I've decided to get back into the original Guild Wars again after a few years of not playing either of the two games. Problem is it keeps saying that my account info isn't recognized even though I have linked accounts

That's it: you linked them, which automatically sets your login e-mail address and password to the ones you use for GW2.

Archived