Make Banner of Tactics a Healing Skill.

Kamote.1769

Banner of Tactics: 170 Healing Power, 170 Concentration-600 radius, 120 sec cd-Compassionate Banner(banner skill 2): Heal 606, Regen (5 & 3/4 sec = 947 Heal) ~ This is at 0 Heal Power and 0 Concentration Gear

First of all i understand the biggest problem is the 2 min cd of the skill, while it is lackluster for a personal heal skill, it does give an immense group buff that definitely will help healers and tanks in raidsSo i think that the 1st thing Anet should do is to rework banners to be more closely aligned to Ranger(Druid) spirits~aka 60 min duration(then a 20 sec cd).Adding a Personal Heal into Banner of Tactics also is a must, it may not be on par as lets say the other heal skills warrior has, but much like water spirit it does have its advantages.All in all i just want more skill variety for group content and this is one of the skills that has been bugging me for years.Thoughts?

I mean, all the banners need reworks cause they're super boring anyways. The unique actives are usually terrible, some of them root you, and most of them have long cast times (and that's after you commit to spawning them). Lets give them some kind of generic Banner 2, and instead introduce a Flip Over skill for the banner utility slot.

Personally, I was thinking that banners could get a burst skill that could be used from the utility slot (while banner is deployed). The burst skill reduces the need to manuever the banners all the time at the cost of the warrior's adrenaline (and therefore damage) by pulsing the banner's buff for a short time, in addition to adding a supportive effect.

All Banners:Buff Radius: 600Attack Radius: 180Attack Targets: 3Buff Targets: 5Damage: .5 power ratio if applicable.Pulse the Banner buff around the owner for 3, 6, 9 seconds no matter where the banner is.

Banner of Defense: Get in there and save your team!Inspiring HeroismLeap Range: 600Absorb 33% of the damage from 5 allies for 2/4/6 seconds.
T1: Knocksback, Self Barrier Per Target(500)T2: Launches Away, Self Barrier Per Target (1000)T3: Launches In Place, Self Barrier Per Target (1500)

Banner of Discipline: Timing is everything, make it count.Coordinated StrikeThis attack is a guaranteed crit. (base damage does not change)Applies 10 stacks of vulnerability.Applies a guaranteed crit buff to allies based on adrenaline spent.T1: The next 1 attack is a guaranteed critical.T2: The next 2 attacks are guaranteed criticals.T3: The next 3 attacks are guaranteed criticals.

Banner of Strength: Show your friends that your warrior is indeed the strongest. If you aren't, they don't get anything.Peerless StrengthGain might, then allies borrow your Power or Condition Damage (you send your highest stat, not both) if theirs is not as high as yours. Gaining or losing power after applying the buff does not change its value (your power/condition damage is sent as a fixed value attached to the buff, so once it is granted, gaining or losing might doesn't change it for allies).T1: Gain 3 stacks of might. Peerless Strength lasts for 3 seconds.T2: Gain 6 stacks of might. Peerless Strength lasts for 5 seconds.T3: Gain 9 stacks of might. Peerless Strength lasts for 6 seconds.

Banner of Tactics: Sharing the warrior's healing/sustain traits with others. Banner needs a rename.Second WindGrant Lesser Adrenal Health (10s instead of 15) to allies and cleanse conditions.T1: 1 stack.T2: 2 stacks. Cleanse 1 condition.T3: 3 stacks. Cleanse 2 conditions.

Battle Standard: For emergencies, revive downed players with the active, then use the burst skill to get them to your position in order to recover.Regroup and FortifyGrant Super Speed to 10 allies within 1200 range for time based on adrenaline level.T1: 1 secondsT2: 2 secondsT3: 3 seconds.

After a short delay based on adrenaline level, grant boons to allies within 360 range.T1: 5 second delay.T2: 4 second delay.T3: 3 second delay.

Boons: Protection, Resistance, Stability.T1: 2 seconds, 1 stack of stability.T2: 4 seconds, 2 stacks of stability.T3: 6 seconds, 3 stacks of stability.

BONUS:Inspiring Battle Standard renamed to -> Commander's Standard

• Summoning any banner uses its T1 burst skill at its position.
  • Using a Banner Burst skill also uses it at the banner position, but only T1 (will not override if overlapping targets).
  • Unique buffs are stronger for you removed.

The tactics banner and the banner 2 skill would need it's heal greatly improved. Probably bring it up to where mending is on the amount of heal on it. The other problem is that we'd probably need to make it so we could maintain the banner otherwise we'd have quite a time without it(since the banner heal itself has it's own CD, on top of the banner's CD).https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Compassionate_Bannerhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mending

Moving a Banner to heal would likely call for the Banner mechanics as whole to rethought. I'm not against the idea, but this would make a great opportunity to redesign the Banners, how or if they could keep their bundle skills, and consider the Summon skills having a flip utility added to bridge some functional gaps. The only problem is...... what could they do that isn't just copy/pasting Ranger spirits?

@starlinvf.1358 said:Moving a Banner to heal would likely call for the Banner mechanics as whole to rethought. I'm not against the idea, but this would make a great opportunity to redesign the Banners, how or if they could keep their bundle skills, and consider the Summon skills having a flip utility added to bridge some functional gaps. The only problem is...... what could they do that isn't just copy/pasting Ranger spirits?

I would think more like revenants tablet.

But personally I like holding banners and using them. Animations are good, just need the active skills updated.

Archived