[SPOILERS] POF: Act 2, Crystalline Memory story segment

Taelac.7036

This segment was pretty good about teaching the mechanics along the way, but the last part of the boss fight gave me fits, and I wonder if I missed something. For the last part of the fight, I'd pick up the Facet of Light and the Facet of Dark, but the AoE was so constant that it would burn through my Light shield and make me drop the Dark before I could get close enough to use it. I tried timing it to rush in where the outer ring had a gap, but it was still not enough, and I ended up just slowly chopping it down with pets.

Before I take another character through the story, does anyone know if this was working as intended, or if there was something else I needed to do before picking up the Facets?

@Sevifor.1925 said:Im on the opposite spectrum: I never lost a Facet of Darkness while I also had Facet of Light active, and didnt realize that was even a possibility. I was heavily using the Guardian Greatsword 3 dash, though, so I imagine dashing/blinking next to him is the way to go.

On my Chrono, I didn't even use a Light Facet Shield until the last phase where the boss would use it's Drain AoE-skill whenever it wasn't stunned. Haven't lost a Facet of Darkness even once (I didn't even know it was possible to lose them), it was an easy fight and getting the achievement didn't feel like a real achievement at all.

I was on a Daredevil and used Steal to shadowstep to him to blast him. I didn't realize the shield was getting eaten up when I ran in rather than Stealing, I thought it had to do with the order in which I acquired Light and Dark. Good to know there are safe places to stand, as my next run will be on a Reaper and hence no leaps or teleports; I'm pretty sure a shroud 2 will trigger all the circles on the way, even assuming I can retain the shields while in Shroud given how Shroud prevents other things such as bundles and some object interactions.

A lot of the new stuff is me getting blindly lucky, it seems :) Though I am pleased I (finally) figured out the key to the Sunspear puzzle without a guide (for those who found it easy on their first try, I bow to you, and in my defense say that I play very zoomed out so it took some time to notice the key detail). Next time through that step I'll easily get the no-wrong-choices achieve.

You mean the fight against Facet Guardian? You know there are spots right next to him where you take little to no damage. When I found that spot, I stayed there the whole fight, not move an inch, and just spam my rotation until he dropped. It probably takes a lot longer, but I didn't understand the deal with the crystals anyway.

Archived