A question about Daredevils and stealth.

TheAndoman.9317

So, a couple nights ago, I'm in EBG, fighting a daredevil near Mendon's. I'm on my scrapper and the DD keeps stealthing, so I hit him with the Detection Pulse, from Sneak Gyro. The DD became visible and then instantly stealthed again.

So, I've checked the wiki for everything related to REVEAL and STEALTH and have found nothing that would defeat the 6-second Revealed effect from Detection Pulse and allow him to stealth again, instantly.

My question to those of you much more knowledgeable with DD, is there some legitimate cause for this, other than REVEALED being broken, or having fought someone using hacks?

They were not Invulnerable. They did not Block, nor Evade. And, I was not Blinded.

Thank you, in advance, for your time and answers.

@TheAndoman.9317 said:So, a couple nights ago, I'm in EBG, fighting a daredevil near Mendon's. I'm on my scrapper and the DD keeps stealthing, so I hit him with the Detection Pulse, from Sneak Gyro. The DD became visible and then instantly stealthed again.

So, I've checked the wiki for everything related to REVEAL and STEALTH and have found nothing that would defeat the 6-second Revealed effect from Detection Pulse and allow him to stealth again, instantly.

My question to those of you much more knowledgeable with DD, is there some legitimate cause for this, other than REVEALED being broken, or having fought someone using hacks?

They were not Invulnerable. They did not Block, nor Evade. And, I was not Blinded.

Daredevil can't remove revealed.Are you sure he was under revealed? If he was in stealth maybe he evaded or blocked your Detection Pulse (without you knew it) and, by chance, stealth ended normally in that moments allowing him to stealthed again.

• 4 months later...

@SehferViega.8725 said:

@TheAndoman.9317 said:So, a couple nights ago, I'm in EBG, fighting a daredevil near Mendon's. I'm on my scrapper and the DD keeps stealthing, so I hit him with the Detection Pulse, from Sneak Gyro. The DD became visible and then instantly stealthed again.

Daredevil can't remove revealed.Are you sure he was under revealed? If he was in stealth maybe he evaded or blocked your Detection Pulse (without you knew it) and, by chance, stealth ended normally in that moments allowing him to stealthed again.

That sounds plausible.

@TheAndoman.9317 said:I can't say for absolute certain, but it happened several times, and I don't believe in that much coincidence.Thief class has access to basically unlimited Blind condition (perma miss) and, with Daredevil subclass, evade. It wouldn't be coincidence for it to happen literally every time you used it if they were playing good.

Reveal from attack is different from Reveal from skill in duration.

Odds are he just dodged the cast since you were casting it when he was already visible, which most people playing daredevil will do, since if they're playing a stealth build, the only time they're at risk of taking major damage is when they're not in stealthed, meaning they'll use BD+BP to gain stealth since it denies counterplay.

That or he was just hacking. Wouldn't be the first time I've seen it happen with an eerily-stealthy daredevil.

@Hannelore.8153 said:

@TheAndoman.9317 said:I can't say for absolute certain, but it happened several times, and I don't believe in that much coincidence.Thief class has access to basically unlimited Blind condition (perma miss) and, with Daredevil subclass, evade. It wouldn't be coincidence for it to happen literally every time you used it if they were playing good.

Reveal from attack is different from Reveal from skill in duration.

Initiative is a concept

Archived