Prophecy of Fire?

Michram.6853

It's my brand-new topic on this forum (nothing special at all ;) ), but I wonder about the name of this expansion.

Path of Fire sounds pretty weird even if the last episode is called "One Path Ends", but "You ready to fulfill a prophecy" got me thinking.

In the end of the episode we got the vision from the Eye of Janthir (nothing special, we'd got few visions already- Pale Tree's, Glint's Egg), but they all are related to Glint, her legacy.

The vision of the Eye showed us really interesting stuff. When we were entering into the Eye we saw a dragon, who is lost in the fires, I think it shows Glint. It looks like this prophecy is like the last breath of Glint, but showed by the Eye.

It was her warning, because in the vision we see... The spear, created from Kralkatorrik's body, hidden by Glint and given to Destiny's Edge to murder Kralkatorrik. But she was an ancient prophet, she certainly knew they will lost.

So the other heroes might come and give the faith to Destiny's Edge once more. And so we, the players are the part of this world.

Glint is awesome and she certainly wanted to give us a hint in the Eye's vision.

It looks like the Glint's Egg's vision in HoT when it showed Logan, Zojja and Trahearne being corrupted by the Jungle Dragon. It was like: it can happen, but there is still a way to prevent it.

So moving on, in the vision we see Glint, then we see an army of people, who are standing near the giantic dragon, then they plunge in the spear and kill the dragon.

Glint--->spear--->Destiny's Edge--->Kralkatorrik--->Balthazar-the Commander.

Balthazar must get to know this secret, even if the spear isn't only the way to kill Kralkatorrik, but it looks like Kralkatorrik's weakness is himself. Glint knew his thoughts so she certainly told the truth.

So we must only keep this secret away from Balthazar. Will this be easy? Certainly not.

I think somebody will betray us (not only because of changing the course of action as it usually happens, but also because maybe somebody wants to help him...)

We've been talking about it before but I think we have some fellow guildies and not only which may be serving Balthazar:1) Caithe- Konig says that she was never betraying us, but the fact that she is like everywhere where something happens is very suspicious, perhaps it doesn't mean she serves Balthazar, but I think she has something more to tell. But I hope she will prove as the good character and my suspicions will not be right.

Rytlock- he is very suspicious and mysterious since his return from the Mists. Perhaps he met Balthazar and he gave him some clues how to deal with current Tyrian matters. It doesn't make sense, but until he won't reveal his secret he is still suspicious as h*ll.

Marjory- she spent a lot of time with "Lazarus", but she is certainly not working for him especially after the situation from Rata Novus when she was nearly killed by Balthazar.

Kasmeer- she is my bet, she will betray us. She still believes in Balthazar even after the attack on her fiancee. She wants to get to know more about the Gods and she looks like she is ready to lay her life down for him. She knows the history and the wisdom about Glint is huge (proved in Glint's Lair- LS2).

I really hope that this story will be great. I hope everyone will win and Kralkatorrik will be killed anyway.

Certainly killing the god would be stupid and the writers would be stupid as h*ll if the god would be killed because he is just himself, he bears the role of being the god of war, so he cannot defy himself.

I think that in the end we will kill Kralkatorrik and Aurene and Balthazar will consume his powers, the Gods will return to Tyria, will take Balthazar and never come back. I hope we will be able to ask them some questions about Human, some history etc.

Kasmeer will die IMO and Rytlock will reveal that he had a party with dead quaggans. ;)

But seriously the most interesting thing for me is what Rytlock is going to tell. Cannot wait! :)

These are only speculations, take it serious please, but not for certain ;) ;)

@Arden.7480 said:Well the word "G O D" has been changed for "kitten"... Anet will never stop to surprise me. xD

I'm guessing the forum software came with a default censorship lists. On a lot of forums that would be an effective way of blocking both religious discussions (highly likely to be controversial) and religion-based exclamations which could offend some people.

But it probably should be removed, given gods are an important part of this game and that's only going to be more relevant when PoF is released.

Your theory is very weird to me for several reasons:

1. you've decided that the Vision the Egg showed us and the Vision the Eye showed us are Visions from Glint, that doesn't make sense to me, especially in the Case of the Eye. The Eye has nothing to do with Glonr, why would Glint be able to show us a Vision through it? (Actually the Eye is the follower of the Mursaat, enemies of the Forgotten who are follower of Glint, it really makes no sense).

2. I see no reason someone would betray us, there is NO sign for it.

3. Every teaser and trailer from PoF flat out calls Blathazar a fallen God, the enemy and he even says in one that he wants to kill the other gods. He IS the big bad of the expansion.

@Vesuvius.9874 said:

@Justmario.3287 said:
  1. Every teaser and trailer from PoF flat out calls Blathazar a fallen kitten, the enemy and he even says in one that he wants to kill the other gods. He IS the big bad of the expansion.

Balthazar at no point has ever said that he wants to kill the other gods.

Jump to 1:08 he says "When I'm done, I will be the only god" I can only understand that as "I will kill the other gods".

@Arden.7480 said:Path of Fire sounds pretty weird even if the last episode is called "One Path Ends", but "You ready to fulfill a prophecy" got me thinking.

In the end of the episode we got the vision from the Eye of Janthir (nothing special, we'd got few visions already- Pale Tree's, Glint's Egg), but they all are related to Glint, her legacy.

The vision of the Eye showed us really interesting stuff. When we were entering into the Eye we saw a dragon, who is lost in the fires, I think it shows Glint. It looks like this prophecy is like the last breath of Glint, but showed by the Eye.

It was her warning, because in the vision we see... The spear, created from Kralkatorrik's body, hidden by Glint and given to Destiny's Edge to murder Kralkatorrik. But she was an ancient prophet, she certainly knew they will lost.

So the other heroes might come and give the faith to Destiny's Edge once more. And so we, the players are the part of this world.

Glint is awesome and she certainly wanted to give us a hint in the Eye's vision.

Glint is long dead, and she died not by spear but by Kralkatorrik's jaw and claws. She had no influence over the Eye, which since the time of Prophecies (and perhaps before, excluding the Tests of the Chosen) had been overseeing Saul D'Alessio's prison.

Not all visions are tied to Glint or her legacy either. In GW1, a few monks receive visions by the gods - Meerak by Dwayna, of the Searing; Kehanni given one by Lyssa as two examples - and then there were the ones given to the player by the Scrying Pool (similarly unrelated to Glint).

The dragon was most likely just a dragon lieutenant of Kralkatorrik's. Something akin to the Shatterer.

And honestly I think folks are taking the spear thing a bit too literally. Likely just coincidence, given the continuity of lore we've gotten.

This wouldn't be the first time.

@Justmario.3287 said:Jump to 1:08 he says "When I'm done, I will be the only kitten" I can only understand that as "I will kill the other gods".

I just want to note that ArenaNet has been tricky with trailer voice over lines. Remember Episode 4's dialogue, where we got a minister talking about standing up for what's right? We thought he was a Jennah supporter - nope. Episode 5 and 6 did similar. Heck, arguably so did 1, 2, and 3.

They've gotten good at planting red herrings by splicing voiced lines. For all we know, "When I'm done, I will be the only god" could just be him saying "when I'm done, I will be the only god of war" because he got supplanted and replaced. Or could just mean "I will be the only god on this world", which would be true if he regains godhood and remains on Tyria (well, if he also killed Zintl, Koda, Mellaggan, and Amayali should they be real and separate from the Six).

@Vesuvius.9874 said:It can also mean that he plans to steal their divinity and power thereby rendering them as not gods anymore without actually killing them. You know, the same thing that happened to him.

TBH, that could be the same as killing them, given Abaddon's situation.

Exactly Konig I was about to say that. I think it is misleading us to think that he wants (somehow) to kill the other Gods.

It's doubtful very much:1) He has barely enough power to build the army, he had to use the machine to consume Dragons' energies,2) killing 5 other gods is impossible (they would be killed if they'd be ants or microbes)

The trailer is certainly misleading, but it doesn't mean Balthazar isn't a dangerous thread.

The fact that he wanted to hide the aspects of Lazarus means something.

I think it means he wanted to rid of the false human gods.Even if Livia wouldn't kill Lazarus, the aspects wouldn't be rediscovered anyway.

Balthazar seems mad, but he plans everything almost perfectly and if he wouldn't make the mistakes that he did in Rata Novus and the volcano, he would certainly be normal to us.

Balthazar is not ambitious, the Commander is.

Perhaps Kasmeer will find it out and will help her God for he just wants to bring order and repair the mistakes of the other Gods so he will kill the dragons and consume their powers, but it won't be easy for him, the Commander wants to stop him, it's not wrong, but I think it's pointless.

Perhaps he didn't mean to kill Marjory, just give her a warning.

I personally am not angry at him. It's his world too, even if he left it, he has every right to make Tyria his world.

It's not good but it's not bad either.

With Glint all I meant is we got the vision related to her, I didn't say she uses the Eye to connect with us, but in some ways she connected with us. through the Eye's vision. But it's just my theory.

I think the vision showed Kralkatorrik, because why would the people be happy because they killed the champion who means nothing to them.The spear is a hint that it may be Kralkatorrik.I am not flying away from all we know, it's said that the spear was given by Glint to smash Kralkatorrik away.

@Arden.7480 said:Marjory- she spent a lot of time with "Lazarus", but she is certainly not working for him especially after the situation from Rata Novus when she was nearly killed by Balthazar.

Putting the tinfoil hat on, but are we sure that wasn't exactly the result Balthazar was going for? Like that trope where someone helps a prisoner to escape despite supposedly being loyal to the captors, and the last scene before they part is the rescuer saying something along the lines of "Make it look good", and the rescuee clocks them one to make it look like the rescuer was overpowered rather than complicit in the escape...

@Arden.7480 said:Exactly Konig I was about to say that. I think it is misleading us to think that he wants (somehow) to kill the other Gods.

It's doubtful very much:1) He has barely enough power to build the army, he had to use the machine to consume Dragons' energies,2) killing 5 other gods is impossible (they would be killed if they'd be ants or microbes)

The trailer is certainly misleading, but it doesn't mean Balthazar isn't a dangerous thread.

I think you're giving Balthazar too little credit there. Firstly, nothing shows that he "has barely enough power to build the army". And he most certainly didn't have to use Taimi's machine to kill Primordus or Jormag - it just became the easiest method for him once he realized he could. He was fully planning on building an army to take down Primordus in the same manner he is now fighting Kralkatorrik.

Secondly, it's pretty obvious he intends to (re)gain power before taking on whomever it was that took his power. With regained power, especially of multiple Elder Dragons which might put him not only on par to his old self but potentially even stronger than that, he could theoretically take on the other gods - especially if he fought the first one-on-one before the others could come to aide.

And nothing is certain about the trailer being misleading.

@Arden.7480 said:The fact that he wanted to hide the aspects of Lazarus means something.

I think it means he wanted to rid of the false human gods.

Yeah. It means he didn't want his disguise as Lazarus to be foiled so fast. I had asked Linsey Murdock about why he took it to Abaddon's reliquary and that was the answer she gave.

If his goal was just to kill Lazarus, he would have resurrected him and killed him rather than hidden the aspect away. Lazarus seems entirely unrelated to his goal. And there are no other false gods of humans beyond the mursaat for the White Mantle - not anymore. Besides all that, it was Grenth who was opposed to false gods not Balthazar.

@Arden.7480 said:Balthazar is not ambitious, the Commander is.

Balthazar is definitely ambitious. And the Pact Commander is most certainly not. Are you sure you know what ambitious means?

@Arden.7480 said:Perhaps Kasmeer will find it out and will help her God for he just wants to bring order and repair the mistakes of the other Gods so he will kill the dragons and consume their powers, but it won't be easy for him, the Commander wants to stop him, it's not wrong, but I think it's pointless.

Except Balthazar outright states he doesn't care what happens to Tyria or the beings on it. That goes completely opposite of such a claim.

@Arden.7480 said:I personally am not angry at him. It's his world too, even if he left it, he has every right to make Tyria his world.

No, he doesn't. Because it isn't his world - he was never native to Tyria.

@Arden.7480 said:With Glint all I meant is we got the vision related to her, I didn't say she uses the Eye to connect with us, but in some ways she connected with us. through the Eye's vision. But it's just my theory.

That vision had nothing to do with Glint and we know it.

@Arden.7480 said:I think the vision showed Kralkatorrik, because why would the people be happy because they killed the champion who means nothing to them.The spear is a hint that it may be Kralkatorrik.I am not flying away from all we know, it's said that the spear was given by Glint to smash Kralkatorrik away.

That dragon is far too small to be an Elder Dragon, first of all. Secondly, read Edge of Destiny. Hoelbrak through a huge party for the death of the Dragonspawn, and Lion's Arch did the same for the death of Morgus Lethe. In the Personal Story, there was large celebration over the death of Blightghast. The death of a powerful dragon champion is a pretty damn huge thing in of itself, and takes an army (or an elite squad) to do.

You're really reading far too into it being a spear. ArenaNet loves using spears in their concept art, probably because of how simple they are. And IIRC, Edge of Destiny describes the spear made of Kralkatorrik's spine as being bulky - and that spear in the cinematic is far from bulky.

Besides, now you're claiming that the dragon killed was both Glint and Kralkatorrik - make up your mind.

Ok. I think my speculations are not welcome here :D

But Konig, some modesty please. :) I know that you know much more than me.

But it is not the point of this topic. I respect your opinions and I know right what "ambitious" means.And you didn't misunderstand me at all.Balthazar is ambitious. He uses so many ways to reach his point and our commanders are just like: we deserve all and we know everything.Balthazar is moving forward, we are only standing at the same point. It's my opinion.I didn't say that the dragon in the visiion shows both Glint and Kralkatorrik. I wrote that Glint is the one who appears in the beginning. Then the dragon- champion or whatever is smashed by the spear. :)

It's my interpretation. :) Is it wrong or right I will find out in 9 days :) Then if I will be wrong I will admit it. :)

@Arden.7480 said:Balthazar is ambitious. He uses so many ways to reach his point and our commanders are just like: we deserve all and we know everything.

Commander saga is very reactive he reacts to "things" that he perceives as threatening Tyria.

To claim theres "ambition" is a bold claim.Note at the end of LS3 cap. 1 as the commandar was relieved if he had to deal only with the White Mantle "at least isnot an apocalyptic threat", until Taimi brings the bad news that there are 2 waking dragons.

Archived