Low FPS on higher end pc

Hello I am on a laptop but it has a i7 7700hq. 2.8ghz. I have 16 fb of ram, and I have a gtx 1050 2gb graphics card. I have my graphics drivers updated. And I clicked on game to use the best performance but I am still having like 30-40fps constantly.I can not for the life of me figure out why this is happening either.With the pc I have I should be getting at least 60fps on lower to medium settings. My benchmarks even show over 200% the recommended requirements on game-debate.com

Does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Thanks In Advance

Yes but I’m saying I had higher FPS than this before on medium settings. I am playing on the lowest settings right now with lowest on every setting and getting 30fps range which is ridiculous when it was running fine a while back on medium settings. If anything on lowest stuffs I should have higher than the medium settings

Unfortunately at 2.8GHz your CPU isn't "high end" when it comes to this particular game that demands single core performance. As you say that you used to have higher fps, do you compare core zones with Path of Fire zones? Because expansion zones do have a much higher graphical fidelity which leads to higher requirements.

@XenoSpyro.1780 said:The game is not optimized. /thread

This basically. Normally I would say: Reduce the Shadow setting and the Character Model Limit but you're already at the lowest. The Path of Fire maps seem to introduce quite a number of locations where performance is going down, even when you tune down your graphics options. Not much an end-user can do about this.

My decrease in FPS isn’t even in pof zones. I’m having this significant of a decrease in pvp area. That’s what has been confusing me how I can go from 60fps in pvp down to 30fps. Maybe it’s something I have wrong setup. I have my graphic drivers up to date even tho this game barely utilized them. Maybe I can try slightly overclocking my cpu

@"eyesrutherford.1357" said:My decrease in FPS isn’t even in pof zones. I’m having this significant of a decrease in pvp area. That’s what has been confusing me how I can go from 60fps in pvp down to 30fps. Maybe it’s something I have wrong setup. I have my graphic drivers up to date even tho this game barely utilized them. Maybe I can try slightly overclocking my cpu

If by pvp area you mean heart of the mists, that was changed when path of fire was released to use the new graphic settings. Better give up on 60 fps and enjoy 30 fps instead, like most players of this game

Archived