Sic'em revealed?

Yuffi.2430

From the skill description: "Sic'em!" - Your pet rushes at your foe, revealing them and dealing increased damage.However, Sic'em requires a target to function and therefore can't be used against a player who is in stealth mode.So how does the revealed bit work?

The Wiki says "Revealed is an effect applied when stealth is broken by a player either striking a target with power damage or exiting a Shadow Refuge circle prematurely." and "When this effect is applied to a target that is in stealth, it will end the effect, rendering the target visible immediately."I think this makes it clear that Revealed is intended to break players out of stealth too - which you can't do with Sic'em! since you can't target a player in stealth.

Perhaps Sic'em needs to be changed to have an AoE revealed around the pet/Ranger?

@"Yuffi.2430" said:The Wiki says "Revealed is an effect applied when stealth is broken by a player either striking a target with power damage or exiting a Shadow Refuge circle prematurely." and "When this effect is applied to a target that is in stealth, it will end the effect, rendering the target visible immediately."I think this makes it clear that Revealed is intended to break players out of stealth too - which you can't do with Sic'em! since you can't target a player in stealth.

Perhaps Sic'em needs to be changed to have an AoE revealed around the pet/Ranger?

It is a single target 1500 range skills, it's already pretty strong as it is.

Scrapper have an aoe reveal in a circular range of 1200.Sic'em do boost movement speed and damage by 40%, making it aoe reveal same way as scrapper would be too crazy overpowered.

If you see a thief you use sic'em and he can't go stealth because revealed, unless it's a stupid deadeye and use his elite to remove it, that thing has no counter action anyway.

@Yuffi.2430Deadeye is not exactly an exception. Their elite to remove the reveal has a .5 second cast time whereas Sic 'Em is instant and can be used during other skills (like Rapid Fire). A deadeye that tries to do its elite immediately after getting revealed by Sic 'Em is typically a dead deadeye, assuming your build brings enough burst damage to finish them. Skilled deadeyes avoid the burst (by evading or shadowstep) if those defenses aren't on cooldown, but the bad ones drop like flies to a good Sic 'Em burst.

@Shadowcat.2680 said:@Yuffi.2430Deadeye is not exactly an exception. Their elite to remove the reveal has a .5 second cast time whereas Sic 'Em is instant and can be used during other skills (like Rapid Fire). A deadeye that tries to do its elite immediately after getting revealed by Sic 'Em is typically a dead deadeye, assuming your build brings enough burst damage to finish them. Skilled deadeyes avoid the burst (by evading or shadowstep) if those defenses aren't on cooldown, but the bad ones drop like flies to a good Sic 'Em burst.

I do not agree with you. These days most of the Deadyes know how to use Shadow Meld. In a combat 1 vs 1 or small groups, Deadeye will go invisible before 1500 range, so if you don't use your Sic'em before this range you don't have what to reveal (correct is prevent going in stealth). If you use it before he goes invisible, you will be in a range 1500+ so you can't hit him with Rapid Fire or Auto attack, so his 1/2 sec will be more than enough to go invisible. Good deadeyes also use perma invisibility and they always hit you from behind or sides. When they hit you from behind, usual you must do the dodge if you don't want to be One shot (if you don't use Stoneform which sometimes is not enough if his One Shot is more than 20k and you are 16-19K hp), in meantime after he use his shot he will go back (into a range 1500+) and goes invisible again. If you manage to Sic'em, he will just use his Shadow Meld, you can't hit him because he will be already in 1500+ and for 28 sec (if you use Beastmastery) he will have many times to hit you without being revealed by you. In a fight like this, only very good ranger can kill a good deadeye, or a good range can kill an average deadeye. A very good deadeye can't be killed. They have too many advantages vs ranger. In the worse scenario, the deadeye can runway, and you know that a ranger can't catch a good deadeye even he use GS swoop+Bird Swoop. Sic'em is not so efficient neither vs Mesmer, because Mesmer abuses the teleports more than invisibility.The best invisibility reveal is the one of Engineer. Our Sic'em is more an burst damage skill than an invisibility reveal. Also, the saying reveal invisibility is not well properly said because our Sic'Em doesn't reveal invisibility like other classes skills, it just prevents invisibility ....

@Dragonzhunter.8506Using Sic 'Em at its max 2,000 range is going to be a waste against anything as Sic 'Em is more valuable for it's dmg modifier than it is for the reveal. It is useful as a reveal, but only when dmg can be done at the same time. Channeled attacks are also good (Rapid Fire, Hunter's Call, and so on) as the dmg will continue to land even if the deadeye gets off its elite and stealths.

I don't use Sic 'Em currently as I find stun breaks/invulnerabilities to be more valuable tools to slot, but I still wouldn't want to see Sic 'Em changed to an aoe reveal. The two more commonly used aoe reveals in the game (scrapper's and herald's) are even worse against deadeyes. Herald's has too small of a radius and scrapper's is easy to dodge. The best reveal the game has is the engineer trait Lock On in the hands of a holosmith as its two reveals have separate internal cooldowns.

@Shadowcat.2680 said:I don't use Sic 'Em currently as I find stun breaks/invulnerabilities to be more valuable tools to slot, but I still wouldn't want to see Sic 'Em changed to an aoe reveal.

That's why I said Sic' Em is good for his damage bonus and 40% speed. I use Lightning Reflexes instead of Sic'Em, too.

The two more commonly used aoe reveals in the game (scrapper's and herald's) are even worse against deadeyes. Herald's has too small of a radius and scrapper's is easy to dodge. The best reveal the game has is the engineer trait Lock On in the hands of a holosmith as its two reveals have separate internal cooldowns.

Tainted Shackles of necro is another good and better than Sic' Em for reveal. Radius is 600 and 1/4 sec casting.

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

@Shadowcat.2680 said:I don't use Sic 'Em currently as I find stun breaks/invulnerabilities to be more valuable tools to slot, but I still wouldn't want to see Sic 'Em changed to an aoe reveal.

That's why I said Sic' Em is good for his damage bonus and 40% speed. I use Lightning Reflexes instead of Sic'Em, too.

The two more commonly used aoe reveals in the game (scrapper's and herald's) are even worse against deadeyes. Herald's has too small of a radius and scrapper's is easy to dodge. The best reveal the game has is the engineer trait Lock On in the hands of a holosmith as its two reveals have separate internal cooldowns.

Tainted Shackles of necro is another good and better than Sic' Em for reveal. Radius is 600 and 1/4 sec casting.

Sic'em is good against thieves only.

But overall is just a kill noobs skill, people who doesn't know how to dodge or use active defenses will just eat all your damage during sic'em.

While roaming I never lost a single fight against a sic'em roamer in a 1vs1 scenario, of course if i'm doing a 1vs1 and a noob ganker ranger susprise me and makes it 1vs2 I die miserably especially if out of steam already.

I agree using an extra stunbreak is way better against better players.

@whoknocks.4935 said:Sic'em is good against thieves only.

But overall is just a kill noobs skill, people who doesn't know how to dodge or use active defenses will just eat all your damage during sic'em.

While roaming I never lost a single fight against a sic'em roamer in a 1vs1 scenario, of course if i'm doing a 1vs1 and a noob ganker ranger susprise me and makes it 1vs2 I die miserably especially if out of steam already.

Sic'Em is good against Engi and Ranger stealth too, and you have more chances to use it properly than on a thief who is deadeye.Another skill who is worse than other class skills is Hunter's Shot. I think is the only stealth skill in the game who can give stealth to your enemy instead, if your enemy uses an reflect skill. And from my POV this is stupid. We have a stealth skill, who didn't work if you didn't strike an enemy and give stealth to an enemy if they reflect. What any other stealth skill of any class working like this? None. The damage is not a high one, the stealth is only 3 sec ....

Sic'Em is good against Engi and Ranger stealth too, and you have more chances to use it properly than on a thief who is deadeye.Another skill who is worse than other class skills is Hunter's Shot. I think is the only stealth skill in the game who can give stealth to your enemy instead, if your enemy uses an reflect skill. And from my POV this is stupid. We have a stealth skill, who didn't work if you didn't strike an enemy and give stealth to an enemy if they reflect. What any other stealth skill of any class working like this? None. The damage is not a high one, the stealth is only 3 sec ....

If only stealth duration could be increased by moa or concentration (only for ranger class) similar to boons... ;)

Thrown Elixir S for engi can also be reflected and thus stealth the enemy. It just happens far less often since Elixir S is not a skill that requires an enemy target.

@Shadowcat.2680 said:

Thrown Elixir S for engi can also be reflected and thus stealth the enemy. It just happens far less often since Elixir S is not a skill that requires an enemy target.

Shadowcat, my bad, I didn't know that, thx for the info.

That's actually something I found amusing about the skill as well..

If you ask me the Sic Em skill should target the last player in skill range your character had dealt damage too even if that player was stealthed.That would remove the need for the must have target option and make the skill useful as a counter to that annoying and outright cheap stealth mechanic that only noobs use cause they suck at fair fights :P

Stealth player jokes aside though it would be great if it worked as a stealth break like it's description seems to suggest it is but functionally isn't.

@Teratus.2859 said:That's actually something I found amusing about the skill as well..

If you ask me the Sic Em skill should target the last player in skill range your character had dealt damage too even if that player was stealthed.That would remove the need for the must have target option and make the skill useful as a counter to that annoying and outright cheap stealth mechanic that only noobs use cause they suck at fair fights :P

Stealth player jokes aside though it would be great if it worked as a stealth break like it's description seems to suggest it is but functionally isn't.

the description says your pet rushes at the target and reveals it..so if you want to go by that the deadeye could in stealth run away from the pet and not sure if the reveal would be part of a soulbeast in merged form then.eitherway a buff to one aspect of it could make it weaker in another aswell.. the range, the damage modifier or mabye they would make it so that you can actually dodge it (yes currently it cannot be evaded, you can reveal a thief in mid of his dodgeroll). so far when playing my ranger ( granted i dont play it thaat often) i didnt have issues killing deadeyes with sic em. if they make it AoE, the ranger still mostly wouldnt know when the thief approaches and after the thieves first hit you can already use sic em. any nerf to its range, damage modifier or making it dodgeable would not be worth making it AoE and considering the skill is overall pretty strong as is, i am not sure they would give just a buff to it.

Archived