[Concept & Artwork] Elementalist Specialization: Spellslinger + Complete Elementalist Overhaul

Zyter.3578

For years have I been a fan of the Guild Wars Franchise yet lately I have felt that the game is lacking variety in builds and class gameplay. So I've decided to use my love for brainstorming and customizing things to rework the Core Elementalist and Tempest Traits with the main focus on fun, independence and making "must have traits" base line minor traits. And as a bonus I came up with a concept for the Spellslinger Elite Specialization.

Posting everything here will be difficult due to the sheer size of the entire post.So I suggest you to follow this link to the reddit post I already made: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/9vqhxj/concept_artwork_elementalist_specialization/

The Artwork for the Spellslinger and it's weapon skills can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/0cPkbhH The traits however are in text form on the reddit post.Be warned for a lot of text.

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" I have and took quite some time to make all of them! But I had a blast doing them, even though I became slightly tired towards the end of the melee torch skills ;)

@MyPuppy.8970 Hey thanks! I started by writing everything down and revisiting it from time to time. :) Eventually it will all come together.

Impressive piece of work! You have the resilience and talent of a developer, if only half of your ele rework idea would be taken into consideration....(fire and earth) it would be great. The more I look at it...the more impressed I am, your ideas would actually bring ele out of the shithole it sits now without him making too OP compared to the rest and you done that while still using the same GW2 concept, something I always thought to be impossible.

I especially love your earth trait lines changes...again you did a brilliant job

@Zyter.3578 said:@"Pterikdactyl.7630" I have and took quite some time to make all of them! But I had a blast doing them, even though I became slightly tired towards the end of the melee torch skills ;)

Seriously so impressive. Your character concept art looks identical in style to the Weaver's.

As for your ideas, I haven't given it a thorough read through, but I do love the idea of a torch, and I think the name is fitting given the weapon.

@Arheundel.6451 Why thank you so very much! It's rejuvenating to see people like you love what I've done, especially with the amount of work I've put into it. Which I did enjoy doing though ;) I'd love to explore the developer route more but it's not something you can easily do professionally, I mean, how do you even apply for it and prove yourself when you've never officially worked as one?

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" Again, thank you! I can imagine it's quite scary to read through the sheer amount of text hehe, I appreciate you have no issue with the Torch and the name, I was completely unaware many people relate the name Spellslinger with guns or rifles.

I like anything that has ice attacks. It's half the reason I use the Water attunement. It always saddens me that they don't do more damage. I would love a weapon that changed based on your attunement. I think the torch would be a perfect weapon for that, in which the flames color and effects change on your attunements. You should submit some of that artwork to ANet and see what happens.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived