[Bug?] Rune of Speed

@BlinkandDie.7652 said:I haven't submitted a bug report yet, will do right after I know for sure. (testing with a friend soon). I'm often on my thief running around with perma swiftness (before the patch). And I've tried on my engi and it doesn't feel at all faster. But I'll test soon and let you guys know for sure.

Testing needs to be done while in combat. Outside of combat the difference is tiny.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@BlinkandDie.7652 said:I haven't submitted a bug report yet, will do right after I know for sure. (testing with a friend soon). I'm often on my thief running around with perma swiftness (before the patch). And I've tried on my engi and it doesn't feel at all faster. But I'll test soon and let you guys know for sure.

Testing needs to be done while in combat. Outside of combat the difference is tiny.

ooh snap really? Howcome it's such a small difference out of combat?

@BlinkandDie.7652 said:

because movement speed cap is at 400 u/s

normal swiftness's 33% already puts you at 388.36 u/s

@Khisanth.2948 said:

Ah thanks for letting me know!

• ArenaNet Staff

I've moved this thread to the Bugs subforum, but I believe I've read other threads in which the rune was working just fine.

Can we get other input on this rune? Working as intended? Or bugged? (Please keep in mind that one needs to review in combat and not outside of it, to get a true view of the rune's effectiveness.)

P.S. I've merged your two threads, but please post bugs in the Bugs Subforum and not in two forums. Thanks.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:I've moved this thread to the Bugs subforum, but I believe I've read other threads in which the rune was working just fine.

Can we get other input on this rune? Working as intended? Or bugged? (Please keep in mind that one needs to review in combat and not outside of it, to get a true view of the rune's effectiveness.)

P.S. I've merged your two threads, but please post bugs in the Bugs Subforum and not in two forums. Thanks.

Gaile, just wondering if it possible to ask a dev if we can get a movement speed indicator added to the https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Attribute window? or maybe somewhere else? That way we can clearly see movement speed and also know if something isn't working correctly.

@BlinkandDie.7652 said:

Ah thanks for letting me know!

A slight correction. Normal swiftness's 33% puts you at 391.02 u/s because base is actually 294 and not 292 like I kept thinking it was for some reason.

I just tested this in PvE, the Special Forces training area with the DPS golem to be exact.

Out of combat speed with hat off so I don't get the (6) bonus is 391 u/sOut of combat speed with hat on puts me at the cap of 400 u/s

In combat with hat off 279.xx u/s where xx is from 25 to 43. The exact speed should be 279.3(210 x 1.33)In combat with had on 348.5x u/s where x is from 3 to 9. The exact speed should be 348.6 (210 x 1.66)

Repeated the out of combat speed tests on the north wall of the Garden of Seborhin in Domain of Vabbi. The results were the same as in the special forces area.

Out of combat testing in a PvP custom arena in the Temple of the Silent Storm map gave the same result as well.

Out of Combat testing in WvW in the green borderland spawn area gave the same result.

Conclusion: This rune is correctly correctly everywhere.

• 2 months later...

Archived