Racing is great, but the waiting sucks

Is it possible to get some sort of timer for the various beetle races?i am enjoying them but it sucks sitting doing nothing for 15-20 minutes hoping for the next race for a daily, almost as much as it sucks realizing I’d missed the race because I doing a time trial while waiting and the race started. This problem isn’t unique to roller beetle races either. The same waiting happens on Jahai for anyone who wants map completion.

You can, but if there isn’t enough time remaining in the race when. You sign up, you cannot complete the race meaning no credit for the daily. In my case I haven’t mastered the races yet and sometimes still get bronze. By the time I came across the time trial finish there wasn’t enough time left. Frustrating after sitting for a while and finally breaking down and doing time trials and then missing the race I had been waiting for. But that just highlights the overall problem. It isn’t fun sitting doing nothing for long periods of the game and current design encourages that in order to get the 3 races in. I’d also like time to work on my legendary weapon collection or whatever else.

@Moira Shalaar.5620 said:You can, but if there isn’t enough time remaining in the race when. You sign up, you cannot complete the race meaning no credit for the daily. In my case I haven’t mastered the races yet and sometimes still get bronze. By the time I came across the time trial finish there wasn’t enough time left. Frustrating after sitting for a while and finally breaking down and doing time trials and then missing the race I had been waiting for. But that just highlights the overall problem. It isn’t fun sitting doing nothing for long periods of the game and current design encourages that in order to get the 3 races in. I’d also like time to work on my legendary weapon collection or whatever else.

I've timed the race event and it seems to me that it resets every 10-15 minutes.

I don't understand ANet's fascination in hiding in-game timers from players. It's occasionally fun to figure things out, like how often the environment resets in the bubbled area in Jahai or giving folks a chance to realize that Death-branded and ordinary-branded Shattererererererer don't overlap. But more often, it's just a chore.

Archived