I love my warrior but it has no place in spvp...

emblack.3754

Waaaay too many counters. Mesmers counter you pretty hard due to their incessant disengage. Reapers simply melt you while in shroud. Weavers are probably the worst match up, at least for me, more so than mesmers - i tickle them while they chip away at me slowly but surely. Of course an excellent player will probably kite a reaper's shroud, have no problem sustaining pressure on a mesmer and would held his own against a weaver - i doubt he would ultimately win but at least he will resist until reinforcements from either side come and reset the fight.And here lies the problem: the balance in this game is wack! The warrior has a high(er) skill cap than a magical class. Which is a trend I see in most Korean mmos. Guess I expected else from the west. It really saddens me that i can do more with a mirage or reaper i played for 2 days, i'm no pro by any means, but I'm better than on a warrior I played for a month...

This seems more of a personal problem and it all comes down to you learning and knowing what you're going up against. Every profession in the game has their own strengths and weaknesses, and warrior is no exception.

Warrior is one of the two professions with the highest health pool, uses heavy armor, is mobile (if using weapons like the greatsword), plenty of self sustain and condition cleanse/resistance, but most importantly it's one of the three beginner friendly professions.

Its weaknesses however is where warrior starts to fall flat, at least when fighting against the more advanced professions and the players who know them well. Professions with reliable teleport abilities like thief and mesmer can kite a warrior for days (not literally), ranged professions can kill them easily if there's no cover for the warrior to use, constant condition application can slowly, but surely kill a warrior etc.

The warrior is indeed a beginner friendly profession, but that is also one of its greatest weaknesses. It's like a dog playing fetch with their owner, only instead of trying to fetch a little branch, you're focusing on closing the gap with the enemy player all the time and just using weapon skills when need be. My best advice would be for you to try out almost every profession, learn what other players are using to fight against you and learn both their strengths and weaknesses.

@Hoodie.1045 said:This seems more of a personal problem and it all comes down to you learning and knowing what you're going up against. Every profession in the game has their own strengths and weaknesses, and warrior is no exception.

Warrior is one of the two professions with the highest health pool, uses heavy armor, is mobile (if using weapons like the greatsword), plenty of self sustain and condition cleanse/resistance, but most importantly it's one of the three beginner friendly professions.

Its weaknesses however is where warrior starts to fall flat, at least when fighting against the more advanced professions and the players who know them well. Professions with reliable teleport abilities like thief and mesmer can kite a warrior for days (not literally), ranged professions can kill them easily if there's no cover for the warrior to use, constant condition application can slowly, but surely kill a warrior etc.

The warrior is indeed a beginner friendly profession, but that is also one of its greatest weaknesses. It's like a dog playing fetch with their owner, only instead of trying to fetch a little branch, you're focusing on closing the gap with the enemy player all the time and just using weapon skills when need be. My best advice would be for you to try out almost every profession, learn what other players are using to fight against you and learn both their strengths and weaknesses.

can you share with me,which class isnt noob friendly? is itA/ permadodging perma invis thiefB/ permastability/protection invu-block-invis HOLOC/im gona blink 4x in row and burst you for 16k unblockable RAVENANTD/ im gona create 60 illusions per minute and im gona be half of that time dodging and rest invisible MIRAGEE/ im just gona run around like monkey,spamming 7 boons + heals and ress everybody to make game fun FIREBRANDF/ spin to win 16k aa REAPER,AOE condi spam SCOURGE aka im too good to dodge anything.G/im gona pick this purble orb and get all boons for 30 sec and im ranged/melle,both better than anyone and i have EP,invis,block....SOULBEASTH/ im gona bunker this node in permadodge and 4x stunbreak in row WEAVER

pls explain me,how any of these classes are harder to play and why. thx.

@daw.4923 said:

@Hoodie.1045 said:This seems more of a personal problem and it all comes down to you learning and knowing what you're going up against. Every profession in the game has their own strengths and weaknesses, and warrior is no exception.

can you share with me,which class isnt noob friendly? is itA/ permadodging perma invis thiefB/ permastability/protection invu-block-invis HOLOC/im gona blink 4x in row and burst you for 16k unblockable RAVENANTD/ im gona create 60 illusions per minute and im gona be half of that time dodging and rest invisible MIRAGEE/ im just gona run around like monkey,spamming 7 boons + heals and ress everybody to make game fun FIREBRANDF/ spin to win 16k aa REAPER,AOE condi spam SCOURGE aka im too good to dodge anything.G/im gona pick this purble orb and get all boons for 30 sec and im ranged/melle,both better than anyone and i have EP,invis,block....SOULBEASTH/ im gona bunker this node in permadodge and 4x stunbreak in row WEAVER

Well, I never compared the warrior to the objectively BS builds you listed such as holosmith, mirage and soulbeast. I agree that even the less beginner friendly professions do have their cheese builds or builds that require less skill compared to their previous specializations or core profession (holosmith) and some can be unfun to fight against.

@daw.4923 said:A/ permadodging perma invis thief

It's easy being killed while starting playing thief just cause of how fragile it is . and easy to be useless too if you don't know where and how to position yourself

B/ permastability/protection invu-block-invis HOLO

No comment on this ... too many sustain , active defense , burst damage

C/im gona blink 4x in row and burst you for 16k unblockable RAVENANT

the day revenant hits you for 16k is cause you going zerker thief... which means you don't understand how the game works... cause zerker is useless in spvp.

D/ im gona create 60 illusions per minute and im gona be half of that time dodging and rest invisible MIRAGE

core mirage mechanic issues ... need to be adressed to the developping team.

E/ im just gona run around like monkey,spamming 7 boons + heals and ress everybody to make game fun FIREBRAND

It's way easier to kill a firebrand now.

F/ spin to win 16k aa REAPER,AOE condi spam SCOURGE aka im too good to dodge anything.

again 16k seems like you like that number. playing deadshot scourge isn't that easy and lpaying the forgiving blood scourge lack of effectiveness.

G/im gona pick this purble orb and get all boons for 30 sec and im ranged/melle,both better than anyone and i have EP,invis,block....SOULBEAST

Most powerfull (stupid) build out there for now

H/ im gona bunker this node in permadodge and 4x stunbreak in row WEAVER

I count only 2 stunbreaks on the standard weaver build (which is the ammunition stance). And it's no bunker but duellist ... which means it dies super quieckly if you +1 . You just dont have to spam dmg and wait for windows (there are way more than ppl think) Ele is such in a poor state right now ... I'm shocked ppl still complains about it.

S basically what i did except for engineer, mesmer and ranger. But all your other argues are biased just cause you 're angry or a lack of knowledge about the game.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a warrior main since day 1 of pre release, sure I've played the shit out of other professions but I'll always come back to my warrior. In recent days it saddens me a bit that I feel like I have to work twice as hard as other professions to be effective in spvp. I mean sure it feels hella good when I manage to pull it off with my core war but I'm playing matches on average with 3-4 mirages, soulbeasts, scourges/reapers and some random deadeye that you don't want to give too much attention.I don't think that it's warriors being underpowered, as stated before, it's just that other newer specs are power creeped and over saturated.

@Triggymash.9425 said:I'm a warrior main since day 1 of pre release, sure I've played the kitten out of other professions but I'll always come back to my warrior. In recent days it saddens me a bit that I feel like I have to work twice as hard as other professions to be effective in spvp. I mean sure it feels hella good when I manage to pull it off with my core war but I'm playing matches on average with 3-4 mirages, soulbeasts, scourges/reapers and some random deadeye that you don't want to give too much attention.I don't think that it's warriors being underpowered, as stated before, it's just that other newer specs are power creeped and over saturated.

Pretty much this, warrior is fine as it is now, except maybe rampage, but other speccs are just so over the top... Mirages, boonbeasts and to some degree holos

Archived