[SOLVED] Snow Cougar Miniature Issues [merged]

UPDATE: The issue has been resolved for me. I just discovered another, newer, similar thread, so I am not certain whether it has been patched for everyone.

UPDATE 2: The patch notes say it has been taken care of. :+1:

Just purchased it for 20 Black Lion Statuettes, because the game was telling me that this mini was "Locked" (i.e., that I did not yet added one to my Wardrobe).

However, after purchasing it, I could not add it. So I checked to see if maybe I did have it unlocked already, and indeed I had. The mini in my inventory, however, is still marked as "Locked".

Please fix this so that no one else accidentally wastes 20 BLS on this..

Screenshot for proof:

sshoYvz.jpg

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Likely because there are two different IDs for the item: #69672 (mini-pet ID #326) and #42586 (mini-pet ID #153).I'm sure if you contact the CS Team, they will refund your Black Lion Statuettes.

Good luck.

They won't, actually. I bought the "new" ID cougar back when it was first released, simply for the sake of having both it and the "regular" ID cougar unlocked. It was later completely removed from the game, both from the wardrobe and from the API (it no longer appeared on Efficiency), without warning, and no refunds were given. Upon contacting CS, they denied a refund of the 20 statuettes.

I assume OP being unable to unlock their new purchase is a remnant of it being "removed," as I mentioned before. They probably just forgot to remove the new ID cougar from the available Statuette rotation list.

Edit: But, if for some reason they do refund you, let me know. :P

@"Unholey.3264" said:I assume OP being unable to unlock their new purchase is a remnant of it being "removed," as I mentioned before. They probably just forgot to remove the new ID cougar from the available Statuette rotation list.

Sounds logical. I am certain the CS team will be kind enough to refund the BLS. :)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"Unholey.3264" said:I assume OP being unable to unlock their new purchase is a remnant of it being "removed," as I mentioned before. They probably just forgot to remove the new ID cougar from the available Statuette rotation list.

Sounds logical. I am certain the CS team will be kind enough to refund the BLS. :)

And if the first person you get in touch with ask for it to be escalated as there is a good reason why its doing this(on their end).

@Dante.1763 said:And if the first person you get in touch with ask for it to be escalated as there is a good reason why its doing this(on their end).

I have had tons of tickets over the past years, therefore enough experience to say that the support team has always been very accommodating in such cases. I don't see the need for this to be escalated to a higher level. Anyway, no need to discuss this here, either. ;)

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Dante.1763 said:And if the first person you get in touch with ask for it to be escalated as there is a good reason
why
its doing this(on their end).

I have had tons of tickets over the past years, therefore enough experience to say that the support team has always been very accommodating in such cases. I don't see the need for this to be escalated to a higher level. Anyway, no need to discuss this here, either. ;)

Same here, that was more aimed at the person who said they didnt get their totem things back when they tried ^^

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Hello -- we recognize there is an issue with the Mini Snow Cougar Cub and we'll get this sorted out as soon as possible.

Now that it's been recognized as an issue, any chance those who purchased it the first time it was available will be able to get a statuette refund as well? Seems more people are aware of it this time, and everyone is saying that CS will just refund the statuettes but that wasn't the case for me, as I mentioned ^ above.

They offered to just give me the "original" ID'd snow cougar mini, which I accepted, but only because it was that or nothing, which the original 20 I spent turned into when the duplicate mini was silently removed from the game. I'd much rather have had the statuette refund as 20 of those would get me the mini and then some (via guaranteed wardrobe unlocks, which, for me at least, doesn't have much left in it, so it wouldn't have been difficult to unlock otherwise).

Edit: Regarding my first question, obv that would be more a question to ask CS themselves, but I figured I'd ask you as a general sort of thing because you're relaying the issue to them, yeah? Like, would it be worth asking them again now that this is an issue for people again?

Archived