Swindler's Equilibrium - ICD Bugged — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Swindler's Equilibrium - ICD Bugged

Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited January 15, 2019 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

The trait Swindler's Equilibrium is now supposed to provide a 25% Cooldown reduction for Steal, with its trait cooldown of 10seconds. (the sPvP split skill)

However the new SE version still uses old 30 second Cooldown while the tooltip of the trait shows the now correct time of 10 seconds. (in sPvP. It uses different CD in PvE while still bugged there as well)

EDIT:
Regarding the sPvP version; No special conditions have to be met to reproduce the bug. CD simply doesn't trigger more than once every 30sec while evading any attack, be it NPC or Player, in any PvP area, be it FFA, Match, Custom Server or combat-test-NPCs lobby area while holding a sword

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

Comments

• I've also noticed this bug, this is a pretty huge accidental nerf.

• Yeah pls fix that.

• Duckota.4769Duckota.4769 Member ✭✭✭

Hello? Can we get this fixed. Its a massive nerf to a core mechanic of any thief who takes the trait and has been reported in multiple locations now yet youre still worried about making sure revenant can tank even more damage than they could before while nerfing my burst. Thinking............

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Duckota.4769 said:
    Hello? Can we get this fixed. Its a massive nerf to a core mechanic of any thief who takes the trait and has been reported in multiple locations now yet youre still worried about making sure revenant can tank even more damage than they could before while nerfing my burst. Thinking............

A.) it takes them time to fix bugs.
    B.) they dont respond to every thread.
    C.) alot of anet is probably not working atm due to the holidays.

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

• @Dante.1763 said:

@Duckota.4769 said:

A.) it takes them time to fix bugs.
    B.) they dont respond to every thread.
    C.) alot of anet is probably not working atm due to the holidays.

They were able to drop other fixes for other professions as well didn't they? So changeing on simple stat (I'd guess, I'm not a programmer) shouldn't be that much of a problem.

edited December 15, 2018

Or they could care about thief and bug test? This is an easy catch. I'm not accepting "iT tAkEs TiMe To FiX" as a valid excuse for a hard nerf for more than a day when it's as simple as fixing a value. I have some programming experience. If it's not that simple on their end then the code is a joke and they should probably look into fixing that as well. As for not responding to every thread. Lmao they don't respond to any for the most part unless it involves them losing money in gem purchases.

• No need to get personal against anet. Yes, I want this fixed asap. That said, I have not tested it my self. Anyone has proofs, videos, screenshots? Anything might help to make this intentional bug disappear faster

@ferbz.6987 said:
    No need to get personal against anet. Yes, I want this fixed asap. That said, I have not tested it my self. Anyone has proofs, videos, screenshots? Anything might help to make this intentional bug disappear faster

Yeah silly me for holding them accountable. What was I thinking....

• Let's make sure this stays top in the forums.

@ferbz.6987 said:
    Let's make sure this stays top in the forums.

Yeah still waiting on that fix. Being ignored.

• @Duckota.4769 said:

@ferbz.6987 said:

Well it‘s probably because holidays.

@Derenaya.3479 said:

@Duckota.4769 said:

@ferbz.6987 said:

Well it‘s probably because holidays.

Which would be fine if they didnt fix miniatures while saying forget about thieves until the end of the holidays when this was a known bug reported in game and out of game by many players.

Any updates on this. Perhaps someone even caring or thinking about caring?

• Puuuuuuush

• Alatar.7364Alatar.7364 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Derenaya.3479 said:
    Puuuuuuush

I think they'll ship it on 8th with the new LW Episode.
    If not, I'll probably laugh my kitten off with hysterical laughter

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• ferbz.6987ferbz.6987 Member ✭✭

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Derenaya.3479 said:
    Puuuuuuush

You can laugh, no fix, no acknowledgement.

• Well kitten..... us?

@ferbz.6987 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Derenaya.3479 said:
    Puuuuuuush

You can laugh, no fix, no acknowledgement.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• So...a month later, still no fix.

Thief F1 must remain an instacast Steal skill. DE will simply apply DE Mark on target on Steal.
    Malice build-up independently from DE Mark. Mark only speed up the build-up, not be the pre-requisite.
    http://sirvincentiii.com ~ In the beginning...there was Tarnished Coast...

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:
    So...a month later, still no fix.

I'd be happy with at least a statement, or acknowledgement that they keep it in mind.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• You might have to rewrite this and tag it with [BUG] in the title. Then describe every tests that has been done in details. Hopefully they'll take notice. In the mean time, I'll be using another trait or a different weapon set altogether.

Thief F1 must remain an instacast Steal skill. DE will simply apply DE Mark on target on Steal.
    Malice build-up independently from DE Mark. Mark only speed up the build-up, not be the pre-requisite.

• Kifaru.5937Kifaru.5937 Member
    edited January 15, 2019

I just came here to say I've replicated the bug and my findings is this: it's made clear that the tooltip is indeed misleading as the internal cooldown is 20 seconds in PvE. Not only that, when it activates it simply sets the cooldown to 50%, even if the current cooldown is below the 50% mark... meaning it can add on to the cooldown, instead of reducing. These bugs are also noted on the wiki page for it too. Hopefully this gets addressed soon.

Steps to reproduce incorrect internal cooldown:
    1. Use steal with a base cooldown of 30 seconds.
    2. Dodge an attack with Swinder's Equilibrium. Steal reduced to 15 seconds cooldown.
    3. Wait for Steal to come off cooldown meaning 15 seconds have elapsed.
    4. Immediately stealth and dodge afterwards. Cooldown is not reduced, despite tooltip saying its 10 seconds even though 15 seconds have already elapsed.

Steps to reproduce incorrect cooldown reduction:
    1. Use steal with a base cooldown of 30 seconds.
    2. Wait for Steal to have 15 seconds cooldown remaining or below.
    3. Dodge an attack. The trait will set the cooldown to 15 seconds, no matter where the cooldown is, meaning it can add to the cooldown rather than reduce it.

You might have to rewrite this and tag it with [BUG] in the title. Then describe every tests that has been done in details. Hopefully they'll take notice. In the mean time, I'll be using another trait or a different weapon set altogether.

Well I did edit a tiny bit to it then, but that was just to note that no special conditions or specific tests have to be done, it just doesn't work in any scenario.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• Sir Vincent III.1286Sir Vincent III.1286 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 15, 2019

@Alatar.7364 said:

You might have to rewrite this and tag it with [BUG] in the title. Then describe every tests that has been done in details. Hopefully they'll take notice. In the mean time, I'll be using another trait or a different weapon set altogether.

Well I did edit a tiny bit to it then, but that was just to note that no special conditions or specific tests have to be done, it just doesn't work in any scenario.

In the wiki, someone posted that instead of reducing the recharge by 50%, for example, it only reduces it to the 50% mark. Meaning, if your Steal is already at 45% mark, it will only reduce it by 5% more instead of reducing it to 95% mark for a full 50% reduction. So this trait has multiple bugs in it.

EDIT: for clarity and typo

@Alatar.7364 said:

In the wiki, someone posted that instead of reducing the recharge by 50%, for example, it only reduces it to the 50% mark. Meaning, if your Steal is already at 45% mark, it will only reduce it by 5% more instead of reducing it to 95% mark for a full 50% reduction. So this trait has multiple bugs in it.

Ye, I wrote that it differs from PvE in the post too.

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• @Alatar.7364 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

Kifaru.5937 up top says that this can even add cooldown time instead of reducing it. This is just bad, reckless patching.

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

Kifaru.5937 up top says that this can even add cooldown time instead of reducing it. This is just bad, reckless patching.

Ye. But hey, we got selectable Diviner stats insta-patched the same day people noted its missing, on Forums =D

(I do realize that it's far different to patch stats as opposed to apparently complex splitted trait function, but still over a month of, in my opinion, borderline thief gameplay-breaking bug and we don't even get a "boo" statement or reaction on it)

~ I Aear cân ven na mar

• @Alatar.7364 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Alatar.7364 said:

Ye. But hey, we got selectable Diviner stats insta-patched the same day people noted its missing, on Forums =D

(I do realize that it's far different to patch stats as opposed to apparently complex splitted trait function, but still over a month of, in my opinion, borderline thief gameplay-breaking bug and we don't even get a "boo" statement or reaction on it)

We waited for the Withdraw bug fix longer than this.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.