Soul barbs is awful and should be changed

Apokriphos.7042

The Soul Barbs Icon literally tells anyone looking Exactly! what shroud cooldown is at during any prolonged encounter. This is terrible for the mediocre sustain the reaper has left in upper echelon pvp, although I am pretty certain this patch has pushed it out of meta in platinum 2 or higher.

My suggested change. Dont make this buff visible to other players, increase duration of buff, or reduce shroud cooldown so it doesnt match.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@"SteepledHat.1345" said:Revert it back to spectral mastery.

This. You ripped the effective sustain out of a hefty number of builds for a meager flat damage increase, Anet.

I'd rather see it not said in this way. There wasn't any "flat damage increase", the 10% modifier was moved from a minor trait to become a major trait. So in fact, for all builds that do not take this trait, it's a flat 10% damage nerf and for the build that take it, it's just the same as before.

Otherwise people will think: "Those necro lots are crying while they got a buff on there already to high damage!". While in reality this necro lots got a lot of build nerfed in damage and sustain with no damage buff on sight.

@Dadnir.5038 said:

@"SteepledHat.1345" said:Revert it back to spectral mastery.

This. You ripped the effective sustain out of a hefty number of builds for a meager flat damage increase, Anet.

I'd rather see it not said in this way. There wasn't any "flat damage increase", the 10% modifier was moved from a minor trait to become a major trait. So in fact, for all builds that do not take this trait, it's a flat 10% damage nerf and for the build that take it, it's just the same as before.

Otherwise people will think: "Those necro lots are crying while they got a buff on there already to high damage!". While in reality this necro lots got a lot of build nerfed in damage and sustain with no damage buff on sight.

Noted, ty.

I agree with the poster about Soul Barbs. It gives things away timing.But, it has its place in PvE.As for sustain, I find the new Fear of Death fills that job quite nicely for core necro. I see they're buffing core necro more and more each patch.Perhaps that's the intention? Making them more like a tanky option to the higher damage dealing Scourge and Reaper.

Archived