Reward track question

trixantea.1230

tl;dr this year, the Halloween track was worth over 21g and the Wintersday track about 16g (before fees), with significant variation depending on when you chose to sell. The r/gw2exchange sometimes has PvP potions selling at 50s each (i.e. 40g per track).

If you're impatient, repeat the Wintersday track, sell all the gifts sooner rather than later. Otherwise, wait for Halloween 2019.

Hardly anyone takes the time to investigate which tracks make how much money. Those that do hardly ever publish them. Those that have published hardly ever take into account all the ways that a reward track can be monetized (e.g. ignoring the value of salvaged exotics ).

And any analysis always assumes you have no interest in skins, legendary/clover, various mats available in specific tracks, or other unlocks.

With that caveat, the holiday tracks are by far the simplest to convert to gold and generate the most gold, especially if you sell on the first day of the festival. For example, I easily sold Wintersday Gifts on Tuesday for 10s and more; today, I'm happy to get 6.11s.

This year, Wintersday generates 280 gifts if you choose the generous w-gift option at the end. At 6s/gift, that's 16.8g per track or 21s per potion. The Halloween track generates 311 ToTs. At 7s/gift, thats ~21.8g/track and about 22s/potion.

By comparison, some people are selling the PvP potions to guilds that need them for upgrades. The going rate seems to be 50s/potion.For example

Archived