Are there any good PvP builds that *don't* involve the greatsword?

Generalissimo.8602

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"YuiRS.8129" said:Nope. Warrior weapons are stuck in 2012, but Greatsword got powercreeped hard.

How was it powercrept "hard"?Because of the gs trait change? If that is a hard powercreep i wonder what mirage and soulbeast are then

The Whirlwind change was insane. And it has nothing to do with other classes. The whole game was powercreeped.

It has 3 good abilities on it and one is the basic attack and i'm not so sure its all that hype.The Whirlwind is the only thing keeping the gs good cause its a dodge with some damage and thats it. Lets seeMace is boring and slow but does its job for pve by breaking bars main hand off hand.Sword doesn't know what it is ,is it condition or power and the off hand is bad.Axe is THE dps weapon for power all damage no defense so you only run main hand you can go with some meme axe axe build but thats pve stuff.Rifle is bad cause its single target damage that does't do much if you dont build to support only rifle which is a meme build killed by anything, but the one shot one guy might be fun.Also the dodge would have been good if it came first so its reactionary and not eating all the hits while preparing to shoot for 3/4 seconds and then dodging.Hammer got buffed allot and has combos now, but it is still slow and the trait competes with might makes right so its kinda so so might be some build in there.Longbow is condition weapon but berserker is overnerfed and cant do anything in pvp good for pve though.Daggers remove boons and can cc a little that's about it.Warhorn gives Swiftness and vigor and removes conditions might be good for WvW and the off hand is kept for our golden boy The shield cause blocks are nice the stun got nerfed and its so and so.If you look at the weapons you'll notice that most have at least one bad skill in them and if start comparing to other profs they seem slow.So GS wins by default for pvp but you use only Whirlwind arc slicer and rush (to move not to hit with it even with the buffs, hits hard though) Hundred blade might be the worst channeled ability in the game it just does damage while you are stuck in place .

@YuiRS.8129 said:

@YuiRS.8129 said:Nope. Warrior weapons are stuck in 2012, but Greatsword got powercreeped hard.

How was it powercrept "hard"?Because of the gs trait change? If that is a hard powercreep i wonder what mirage and soulbeast are then

The Whirlwind change was insane. And it has nothing to do with other classes. The whole game was powercreeped.

When and what was changed about whirlwind, im pretty sure it works like that for years

Edit. Just checked wiki, the last change in 2015 was that movement effects do not affect travel distance and in 2014 each hit was nerfed by 5%. Those are all the changes that are stated in the wiki.

I dont see how any of that powercrept that skill in any way since vanilla

Was the multihit thing added in 2014, or was that just an ingame description change? I cant remember if that was a single hit thing before... But the wiki only says each hit was nerfed by 5%, so ill just assume it worked like that before.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Whirlwind_Attack/history

@RedShark.9548 said:

@YuiRS.8129 said:Nope. Warrior weapons are stuck in 2012, but Greatsword got powercreeped hard.

When and what was changed about whirlwind, im pretty sure it works like that for years

Edit. Just checked wiki, the last change in 2015 was that movement effects do not affect travel distance and in 2014 each hit was nerfed by 5%. Those are all the changes that are stated in the wiki.

I dont see how any of that powercrept that skill in any way since vanilla

Was the multihit thing added in 2014, or was that just an ingame description change? I cant remember if that was a single hit thing before... But the wiki only says each hit was nerfed by 5%, so ill just assume it worked like that before.

You can't go to details. When ppl complain about warrior it's abstract. Example: spam counter, spam block, spam resistance etc.. so now warrior just spam greatsword..

I think people just want to hit you like a training golem. Then again warriors will just build some more defenses and then will have too much HP. I think thats how elementalist got booted in the corner twirling like ballerinas. Maybe they'll unbench us in the next balance patch.

I played a game yesterday with the old Ragezerker build. Was fun. Nowhere near viable but you can demolish some Scourges with it.Torch 5 - Sword 2 - Wild Blow - Torch 4 - F2 Berserk - Flaming Flurry F1.M/Sh for defense.Strength/Defense feels much better than Discipline/Defense for this btw. You're slow af but defenses make it manageable.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vJAQRAsf5enUJC9kilhAeeAcigFjA7t4mcfuIjgVwJwIAsBzZA-jpxHQBA4gAgyyAf7BAMh9H83JAIgHBAA

Archived