Is it possible to salvage gear soulbound to another character?

kettering.6823

I made a big mistake today.

I wanted to delete an old character that I hadn't played in over 3 years, and couldn't see myself ever playing again. As I removed everything of value on her, I noticed she had 6 superior runes of the ogre in her armor, so I popped them into my bank to salvage later - then deleted the character.

Unfortunately it seems I forgot that you can't even stick soulbound gear into another character's inventory. I haven't played the game in three years, so there' s a lot of stuff I have unfortunately forgotten. Why I decided to salvage them later instead of on the character, I have no idea, but I'm seriously regretting it now. There's a lot of gold in that armor, man.

I tried salvaging them from the bank itself but it doesn't seem to work... am I totally out of luck, or is there some trick I could do here? I feel like I'm probably just going to have to learn from this painful mistake but I thought I would ask anyway before sadly destroying them. Just in case.

Unfortunately they can only be destroyed. However you could try opening a support ticket and explaining your situation - seeing how you've been gone from the game these things tend to happen, and mistakes can be made by anyone. There are numerous cases where players have bought the wrong item, or spent things they didn't intend - but these often resolve so it's worth a try :)

@"kettering.6823" said:I made a big mistake today.

Don't worry, lots of us have made this mistake, and often with more serious things than a few soulbound runes. I, for instance, did it with a character who had a set of infinite gathering tools (all three of the basic unbreakables) equipped. That's like, you know, 2400 gems gone right there.

I tried salvaging them from the bank itself but it doesn't seem to work... am I totally out of luck, or is there some trick I could do here? I feel like I'm probably just going to have to learn from this painful mistake but I thought I would ask anyway before sadly destroying them. Just in case.

The best way is to create a CS ticket to ask for the character to be restored. Explain why you want to do this - don't worry about feeling silly, because as noted above, they've seen lots worse - and provide as much information as you can about the character, at least:

• The account name (in your case, that's "kettering.6823")
  • The character name
  • Your "home world" or at least your region, NA or EU
  • The character's sex, race, class and level.
  • Approximately when you deleted it.

Once they find the character, they will come back to you to verify that they have found the right one, and once you confirm that they have the right one, they'll most likely restore it for you.

I don't know the current delays for this sort of thing - my case was a couple of years ago, and the backlog in MMORPG customer service queues is notoriously variable.

EDIT: spelling. And I don't even have the excuse of autocorrect.

For the terminally curious, here's the content of my request:

Title: I deleted a character with gemstore items, can I get the character or the items back?

I wanted to release a character slot, and I found a character I didn't want to keep, so I carefully (but not carefully enough) removed items from the character and sold them. However, I left a full set of "Unbreakable" gathering tools (bought in the Gem Store) for mining, gathering herbs, and felling trees on the character. Well, I think I left them on the character. I certainly cannot find them in my Account Bank.

The name of the deleted character: Neri Olafsdottir (female Norn Revenant, level around 15)The date when I did this: 26 December 2016The server/home world: Fort Ranik

The account name is not, as such, in the ticket. My mistake. CS didn't actually restore the character, but simply mailed me a new set of tools, which was more than sufficient.

@"Turkeyspit.3965" said:I find it odd that the message indicating the item is soulbound to a specific character is only visible if you mouse over it while on ANOTHER character. It's kinda important, why not just have that message visible at all times????

Soulbound items in the bank still say "Soulbound" when looked at by the owner, although the message is not in red.

EDIT: left out a word. bah.

Archived