Scrapper Gyro Stealth broken?

Ronin.4501

Just had a scrapper under the effects of gyro stealth get on a ballista (without ever breaking stealth) and fire it repeatedly. Took me a moment to figure out why the ballista was firing on it's own. Then once my small group had cleared all the npcs from the camp with just the lone scrapper defending, again while under the effects of gyro stealth the camp cap tick would not progress. As I recall, when a thief or mesmer stealths, camp cap continues to tick until they break stealth. Is this working as intended? The new scrapper builds already seem ridiculously overpowered without these additional advantages.

That is actually normal and has been in the game for a while, being able to remain stealth on siege. If you remember before the changes on one of the ballista's weapon skills, one of the favourite things people used to do was kite someone into camp/wherever, stealth real quickly and jump on a balli and do that spreadshot skill for an insta down. I think it was the skill that antiair took over if I'm not mistaken.Ah yes it was: Antiair Bolt replaced Spread Shot in the Aug 8, 2017 update.

@DemonSeed.3528 said:That is actually normal and has been in the game for a while, being able to remain stealth on siege. If you remember before the changes on one of the ballista's weapon skills, one of the favourite things people used to do was kite someone into camp/wherever, stealth real quickly and jump on a balli and do that spreadshot skill for an insta down. I think it was the skill that antiair took over if I'm not mistaken.Ah yes it was: Antiair Bolt replaced Spread Shot in the Aug 8, 2017 update.

I've been playing in WvW since GW2 was new and typically average anywhere from 10-25 hours a week out there, and I'll be honest, today was the first time I've encountered someone stealthed using siege (same for the players I was partied with as well). But that still doesn't explain why the scrapper was able to stop us from capping the camp while his gyro stealth was up. That sounds more like an unintended consequence of the most recent update to scrappers/gyros.

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:they should of never made gyros untargetable, what was they thinking ?Maybe they where thinking about actually fixing a broken elite spec because the gyro pathing has always been complete and utter kitten that fail to work half the time. If there is one word that describe the engie, its always been "random". If you've played one, you should know. There is a reason literally everyone jumped to holo. Also, scrapper stealth does not contest camps.

Archived